Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good morning everyone,

Is WL relatively quiet compared to other MK resorts? Mainly talking about the lobby, restaurants and pools.

For example at the Poly this past summer was insanely loud and busy the week we were there. The pools were miserable. Lobby and captain cooks not much better. Our room and longhouse were quiet though.

Compared to our stay at POR during Christmas, was heavenly. Even though the resort was nearly full all of the common areas were quiet and never crowded.

Just wondering how WL stacks up in this regard. We will be there the week of Thanksgiving.

Good morning everyone,

Is WL relatively quiet compared to other MK resorts? Mainly talking about the lobby, restaurants and pools.

For example at the Poly this past summer was insanely loud and busy the week we were there. The pools were miserable. Lobby and captain cooks not much better. Our room and longhouse were quiet though.

Compared to our stay at POR during Christmas, was heavenly. Even though the resort was nearly full all of the common areas were quiet and never crowded.

Just wondering how WL stacks up in this regard. We will be there the week of Thanksgiving.
The lobby tends to be noisy with Whispering Canyon Café operating. Earlier in the morning it could be quiet, late at night could be quiet. The name is quite ironic. Boulder Ridge Villas will have a quieter lobby, though much smaller, if you want to visit that area. There are two pools and the newer one by the villas is a big quieter.

The Poly lobby is always very busy with all the restaurants and people coming off the monorail just to look around. And with the open lobby layout it can be very noisy.

The lobby at the WL is vastly different. It is serene and beautiful. Just walking into the lobby can make you feel relaxed. The only exception is at dinner time, when Whispering Canyon Cafe and the new Storybook dining brings guests to the lobby. It can be a little noisy then. But the rest of the time is very quiet.

The villas pool is quiet. It is large enough for plenty of people and has zero entry at one end. It is locked and you need a MB to enter, so it is free of "pool hoppers". The main pool is noisier and usually more crowded, and it is where the pool parties are held.

We are 100 days out from our trip. Staying at WL for the 2nd time - the first was way back in 2006. Looking forward to seeing all the changes there. This is gonna be a more relaxing trip for us, not getting park hopper tickets this time, planning more sit-down meals, and just doing easy touring of the parks. This will be our first time in January, as we usually do May or September. Hoping it will be cool enough to enjoy the fireplaces at the Lodge.

Moderates and values also have a small chairs and table area in my experience.
I meant at Wilderness Lodge, is a Deluxe Room at Wilderness Lodge the only room category at Wilderness Lodge with a sitting area. In pictures of the standard rooms I only see a tiny table with two hard backed chairs. Do I need to book a Deluxe Room if I want a sofa and coffee table. My only recent stays were on the Copper Creek side. I'm looking at the regular side for a trip I'm planning and haven't stayed in those rooms for a long time. I don't remember if we had a place to relax other than on the balcony.

Last edited:
I meant at Wilderness Lodge, is a Deluxe Room at Wilderness Lodge the only room category at Wilderness Lodge with a sitting area. In pictures of the standard rooms I only see a tiny table with two hard backed chairs. Do I need to book a Deluxe Room if I want a sofa and coffee table. My only recent stays were on the Copper Creek side. I'm looking at the regular side for a trip I'm planning and haven't stayed in those rooms for a long time. I don't remember if we had a place to relax other than on the balcony.
I’ve been to wdw 10 times and do not know what a deluxe room is! Deluxe is the resort category, and they have preferred and view room booking categories. I’ve also only stayed at Copper creek and staying at WL in two months, but again seeing as how even lower priced resorts have seating it’s hard to believe WL won’t as well no matter room type.

I’ve been to wdw 10 times and do not know what a deluxe room is! Deluxe is the resort category, and they have preferred and view room booking categories. I’ve also only stayed at Copper creek and staying at WL in two months, but again seeing as how even lower priced resorts have seating it’s hard to believe WL won’t as well no matter room type.

Most of the Deluxe resorts have a category room called deluxe. They are larger rooms and have a sitting area with a couch/sleeper.

Multiple resorts have deluxe rooms available in addition to the booking categories you already know of. They’re not quite a suite but have a few extra square feet, and in the case of the Wilderness Lodge they have a separate sitting area that’s not just the table and chairs.

For OP I suggest a studio, but of course you’re aware of those. Otherwise it does sound like a deluxe room would suit your needs best.

Multiple resorts have deluxe rooms available in addition to the booking categories you already know of. They’re not quite a suite but have a few extra square feet, and in the case of the Wilderness Lodge they have a separate sitting area that’s not just the table and chairs.

For OP I suggest a studio, but of course you’re aware of those. Otherwise it does sound like a deluxe room would suit your needs best.

Last edited:
We are staying with local family over Thanksgiving but are hoping to eat at Geyser Point over that weekend. Do you think it will be an issue parking at the resort since they don't take reservations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter