Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, is the geyser point menu the same as the quick service menu right outside of geyser point? Or does Geyser point offer more options? If so, can you order from the restaurant menu to go and eat at the pool? thanks much!
Yes, limited menu but still wonderful. We ordered lunch last week, including green beer for St Patrick’s Day, and ate it at the quiet pool. Perfect!

Like many Disney restaurants at the moment, the menu is limited, mostly burgers. Still, we enjoyed the one meal we had at Geyser Point.
I just wish they'd bring back the chicken sandwich they used to have. That was one of our favorites across property. We were there in August and will be again in May, and we missed that sandwich and would be set if it came back.

Honestly, of all the changes at WDW since reopening/Covid - the limited menus/dining options (coupled with limited outdoor dining) is the one I've felt impacted by the most.

Finally made by decision between Coronodo Springs and Wilderness Lodge. Just kept coming back to WL as a familiar place.

I know the main hotel does not open until June (my reservations are starting June 10th) but have there been any postings or communications on what may not be up and running at the overall WL property when it fully reopens?

Got one of the new "Courtyard King Rooms" (that look to be all you can book with the 30% off promo) and excited for the first post-Covid trip.

Doing 5 hotel nights and just 1 park day this trip (have been often) and honestly not having to worry about FastPasses, planning everything, etc is a welcome relief.

I'm going into this knowing it will not be like past trips and would love to hear from anyone who is there now or has come back recently.

As long as the pool is open, I can take a boat to the Magic Kingdom or Contemporary, and I can get my all-I-can-eat skillet at Whispering Canyon for breakfast-lunch-and-dinner I'll be a happy man!

Now I just need my vaccine shots and I'll feel much better!

I know the main hotel does not open until June (my reservations are starting June 10th) but have there been any postings or communications on what may not be up and running at the overall WL property when it fully reopens?
All dining is open but the Artist Point Character dinning option. The Territory lounge still appears to be only open when the resort is busy. For Geyser Point walk-up window is not currently open (pool side) but Geyser Point is open.

The cabins are open (26), CCV (the south side of the main lodge), and BRV DVC building is also open. That only leaves the north side of the main lodge still closed at the moment (regular resort rooms).
As long as the pool is open, I can take a boat to the Magic Kingdom or Contemporary, and I can get my all-I-can-eat skillet at Whispering Canyon for breakfast-lunch-and-dinner I'll be a happy man!
Both pools are open at the WL. There is no boat to the Contemporary or Ft. Wilderness open yet. You would need take the boat to MK and walk or take the resort Monorail to the CR. You can also take the bus to MK or Ft. Wilderness.

Note: things may improve by the first 2 weeks of June so just stay tuned.

Dave

I just wish they'd bring back the chicken sandwich they used to have. That was one of our favorites across property. We were there in August and will be again in May, and we missed that sandwich and would be set if it came back.

Honestly, of all the changes at WDW since reopening/Covid - the limited menus/dining options (coupled with limited outdoor dining) is the one I've felt impacted by the most.
Thanks everyone! Is there still the waitress that goes around the pool taking orders or do you have to physically go into Geyser point and place the order?

We just returned from a stay at Copper Creek. The quick service window outside of Geyser Point is closed. We were told the window has been closed since WDW reopened. We also were told that the restaurant could prepare meals to go.

Like many Disney restaurants at the moment, the menu is limited, mostly burgers. Still, we enjoyed the one meal we had at Geyser Point.

View attachment 565465

View attachment 565466
Making me wonder about their burgers... Does anyone know if they are the same as the theme park ones or if they have upgraded ingredients like at Beaches & Cream? I like B&C burgers but one time I ordered a burger at that place in Tomorrowland... 😱

Making me wonder about their burgers... Does anyone know if they are the same as the theme park ones or if they have upgraded ingredients like at Beaches & Cream? I like B&C burgers but one time I ordered a burger at that place in Tomorrowland... 😱
My wife and I both had burgers at Geyser Point. They are pretty good, better than the stuff served at the Quick Service restaurants. Maybe about the same as the burgers at SciFi.

burger.jpg

Hi everyone! New here and considering a stay at WL this fall w/my girlfriend -- we've stayed on property before (but never at a deluxe resort) and love the vibe/theming at WL. I've read through many pages of this thread to get a better sense of pros/cons of WL rooms vs. CCV vs. BRV, and have gathered that: 1) WL rooms have been redone over the last year, so will be new; 2) CCV are more modern-looking/updated than Boulder Ridge, but also smaller, and 3) BRV are further away/in a separate space than the rest of the resort, which is both good and bad (depending on who you ask). Is that an accurate snapshot?

Trying to determine what we would like best -- for context, I've stayed many times at POR, a few times at YC, and we stayed together at CSR last year -- all very different experiences, but enjoyed them all, and always request to be far from the main pool (to minimize noise). What area of WL is best if we don't want to be on top of the main pool, but still have a great room + view? Thanks!!

Hi everyone! New here and considering a stay at WL this fall w/my girlfriend -- we've stayed on property before (but never at a deluxe resort) and love the vibe/theming at WL. I've read through many pages of this thread to get a better sense of pros/cons of WL rooms vs. CCV vs. BRV, and have gathered that: 1) WL rooms have been redone over the last year, so will be new; 2) CCV are more modern-looking/updated than Boulder Ridge, but also smaller, and 3) BRV are further away/in a separate space than the rest of the resort, which is both good and bad (depending on who you ask).

Trying to determine what we would like best -- for context, I've stayed many times at POR, a few times at YC, and we stayed together at CSR last year -- all very different experiences, but enjoyed them all, and always request to be far from the main pool (to minimize noise). What area of WL is best if we don't want to be on top of the main pool, but still have a great room + view? Thanks!!

Had our first visit to WL 3/13-20 staying in a 2BR villa in BRV. We were in 4511 with an amazing view of the quiet pool and lake (see photo below). We could watch the water pageant parade from the balcony! Our room was very quiet and not far from the buses, main lodge, or Geyser Point. We loved it. I know that CCV is newer and I am curious about the layout of the CCV 2BR (that large table and galley kitchen), but we loved BRV.

Not sure exactly what your feelings are about noise, but I could hear the Electrical Water Pageant from my CCV room and it was LOUD. Like wake you up thinking, "What the heck is that?" loud. If you go to bed late, then it won't bother you. But if you go to bed early, it could be annoying.

BRV are further away/in a separate space than the rest of the resort, which is both good and bad (depending on who you ask).
BRVs are in a separate building but close to the WL lobby, bus stop and the quiet pool.
always request to be far from the main pool (to minimize noise). What area of WL is best if we don't want to be on top of the main pool, but still have a great room + view?
The main pool gets noisy with pool parties. If you want to avoid the noise then do not book a courtyard view room in WL. A standard view and nature view category in WL will face toward the Contemporary and some have a partial fireworks view. Most of the rooms at BRV will face either the quiet pool/Bay Lake or the bus stop.

Good morning can anyone tell me if the boat line is crazy long for rope drop to magic kingdom also if the boats start running an hour before park opening is that the official park opening time I am reading that parks have been opening before the official posted time thank you very much

Good morning can anyone tell me if the boat line is crazy long for rope drop to magic kingdom also if the boats start running an hour before park opening is that the official park opening time I am reading that parks have been opening before the official posted time thank you very much
The front desk will tell you that boats and buses both start running 30 min before park opening but that’s not really accurate. Not sure about the boats but the buses definitely start around 60 min (or more) before official park opening. We took the bus to MK two weeks ago and got to the bus stop around 7:20 am and were on a bus by 7:25 am. Definitely was NOT the first bus, as there were only 3 other people waiting. We didn’t try the boats at opening because we didn’t know when the would start.

The main pool gets noisy with pool parties. If you want to avoid the noise then do not book a courtyard view room in WL. A standard view and nature view category in WL will face toward the Contemporary and some have a partial fireworks view. Most of the rooms at BRV will face either the quiet pool/Bay Lake or the bus stop.
While not as applicable to the questions about rooms on the hotel side, I want to add that for the Copper Creek rooms in the main building, we stayed last August and faced the quiet pool, and it was actually pretty noisy at night - a couple nights really noisy very late. Now it was quieter during the day for the most part vs. the what the side by the main pool would have likely been. The resort also overall was not at all crowded, so the main pool was pretty empty at times and both pools were light during the day. The main pool hours I believe were more limited post-reopening, and I'm not sure if they've changed since or not (haven't looked).

At night though, because the main pool was closed, the "quiet" pool was the most crowded we saw it the whole time. There were a few nights were there were crowds of loud people at the pool well past 10:00-11:00 pm, and we could hear them with the doors closed. It doesn't help that the hot tub is closer to the main building and thus, our room. Just something to keep in mind about the "quiet" pool - at night, it may be the only pool.

The front desk will tell you that boats and buses both start running 30 min before park opening but that’s not really accurate. Not sure about the boats but the buses definitely start around 60 min (or more) before official park opening. We took
The front desk will tell you that boats and buses both start running 30 min before park opening but that’s not really accurate. Not sure about the boats but the buses definitely start around 60 min (or more) before official park opening. We took the bus to MK two weeks ago and got to the bus stop around 7:20 am and were on a bus by 7:25 am. Definitely was NOT the first bus, as there were only 3 other people waiting. We didn’t try the boats at opening because we didn’t know when the would start.
thank you very much this information is very helpful

BRVs are in a separate building but close to the WL lobby, bus stop and the quiet pool.

Quiet pool, otherwise, known as a leisure pool, isn't necessarily quiet. Just not highly themed with a slide.

We just returned from a stay at Copper Creek. The quick service window outside of Geyser Point is closed. We were told the window has been closed since WDW reopened. We also were told that the restaurant could prepare meals to go.

View attachment 565465

View attachment 565466
So if we wanted to say grab food and take it to the pool, they would be able to do that for us? My girlfriends and I just booked 2 nights at BRV to have a little mommy vaca before we head over to the OC convention center for a work conference! We are so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter