Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love the new rooms at Wilderness Lodge. They are a breath of fresh air!

I was hoping, though, that in the Deluxe Rooms, the sofa bed would be the new style of the pull-down Murphy beds. Those are good because they allow an actual bed mattress to be utilized, as opposed to the sofa beds that are there now, which only allow those uncomfortable thin mattresses.

Oh, well...

Last edited:
I really love the new rooms at Wilderness Lodge. They are a breath of fresh air!

I was hoping, though, that in the Deluxe Rooms, the sofa bed would be the new style of the pull-down Murphy beds. Those are good because they allow an actual bed mattress to be utilized, as opposed to the sofa beds that are there now, which only allow those uncomfortable thin mattresses.

Oh, well...
So true. Those are definitely the best couch beds... I wonder if the way the walls are engineered at WL being an older property made it not possible? That’s a ton of weight.

So true. Those are definitely the best couch beds... I wonder if the way the walls are engineered at WL being an older property made it not possible? That’s a ton of weight.

I think it would have worked, there's room, too. I was really hoping that they would have installed them!! When we travel (my sisters and I), we like to each have 'real' bed, no pull-out sofas for us.

No that unique activity at the WL has gone in to the bin of history.

Dave

Very sad this is. (Regarding the Flag Family). We have done it twice over the years and it was a really great experience. Especially for the kids.

Agreed it was something unique to the lodge and we loved chatting with Ranger Stan (Stanley Moore). In the end I think it was a liability issue with taking guests up to the roof the CM only areas and Stan's impending retirement.

Just more Disney lore.

Dave

Shady Point it the area right along Bay lake just (east) and next to Geyser point. The trees are the clue that you have arrived. It is also a great place to watch the Electric Water Pageant (EWP) nightly.

Dave

We may go to GF or Poly for dinner one night from WL. So how do we get there and back without a car?

We may go to GF or Poly for dinner one night from WL. So how do we get there and back without a car?
Take the boat to either Magic Kingdom or Contemporary (if it's running) and then hop on the monorail!
Not sure when you're going, but the monorail station is currently closed at the Poly so you'll have to get off at the GF or the TTC and walk over.

Take the boat to either Magic Kingdom or Contemporary (if it's running) and then hop on the monorail!
Not sure when you're going, but the monorail station is currently closed at the Poly so you'll have to get off at the GF or the TTC and walk over.
Thanks! Going this August.

Or Uber/Lyft/taxi between hotels.

Since the monorail station at the Poly is closed, I assume (but have not checked) that they have buses running between Poly and Magic Kingdom. If they do, then you could take bus or boat from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom, then get on bus to Poly.

If you're doing transportation through Magic Kingdom to get back to your hotel, you have to watch for park closing hours. I don't think there would be transporation from Poly or Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom if the park has already closed.

Or Uber/Lyft/taxi between hotels.

Since the monorail station at the Poly is closed, I assume (but have not checked) that they have buses running between Poly and Magic Kingdom. If they do, then you could take bus or boat from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom, then get on bus to Poly.

If you're doing transportation through Magic Kingdom to get back to your hotel, you have to watch for park closing hours. I don't think there would be transporation from Poly or Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom if the park has already closed.
Okay. Yes we were thinking about an 8:00 dinner so we might have a problem getting transportation back.

I really wanted to stay here on our June 10th trip- no rooms available 😞
So we are staying at AOA again.
When did people book to stay in June at WL with the June 6th opening?

I did not see the boat between WL and FW running, only the bus.

I think the boat is only running to the Magic Kingdom. We road that a few times.

Hopefully, these images get people excited to ride the boat between the Wilderness Lodge and the Magic Kingdom!

View attachment 567472

View attachment 567471

View attachment 567470

View attachment 567469

View attachment 567467

View attachment 567468
Do you know what time the boat gets there in the morning? Which will get us to MK earlier boat or bus?? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter