Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what time the boat gets there in the morning? Which will get us to MK earlier boat or bus?? Thanks!

My experience has been the boat arrives 45-60 mins before park opening. Bus is about the same. Personally, I vote bus for rope drop. Take the boat back when you can relax and not worry about timing. You can have bad boat or bus experiences any day, but generally speaking I like the bus when time is of the essence. YMMV.

I really wanted to stay here on our June 10th trip- no rooms available 😞
So we are staying at AOA again.
When did people book to stay in June at WL with the June 6th opening?

I booked a June 10-15 trip just last week.

There are rooms available over that time period, just no more promo rooms with the 30%.

We may go to GF or Poly for dinner one night from WL. So how do we get there and back without a car?
The best way to get from WL to GF, imo, is by taking the boat to MK and then the walking path to GF. The walking path is right next to the WL boat dock and the walk is only about 1/2 mile long. You will be at GF in about 10 minutes with the walking path while the monorail will take much longer. The boat back to WL from MK will run for about 1 hour after park close, so just make sure you are back to MK in time. :)

The best way to get from WL to Poly if the Poly monorail station is still closed is to take the bus to MK and then the bus to Poly. They are running buses between MK and Poly while the monorail is closed and the two resort bus depots are very close to each other.

Is it possible to walk from WL to the Contemporary? My guess is that it is not possible, as the roads between the two don't have sidewalks that I recall.

The best way to get from WL to GF, imo, is by taking the boat to MK and then the walking path to GF. The walking path is right next to the WL boat dock and the walk is only about 1/2 mile long. You will be at GF in about 10 minutes with the walking path while the monorail will take much longer. The boat back to WL from MK will run for about 1 hour after park close, so just make sure you are back to MK in time. :)

The best way to get from WL to Poly if the Poly monorail station is still closed is to take the bus to MK and then the bus to Poly. They are running buses between MK and Poly while the monorail is closed and the two resort bus depots are very close to each other.
Thanks! Taking a screenshot so I will remember lol.

Is it possible to walk from WL to the Contemporary? My guess is that it is not possible, as the roads between the two don't have sidewalks that I recall.
Afraid not. Would love it if Disney decided to build another Skyliner between TTC, WL and FWC (could also include the future resort, aka Reflections). Then a transfer to the monorail could complete the connections to Epcot, MK and the MK resorts. How cool would that be?!? But it's just wishful thinking. Meanwhile, no way to walk between WL and any of these.

Question:

New rooms at the lodge, or a copper creek room?
There isn’t an easy answer. I think that the WL resort rooms are nicer than a deluxe studio at CCV. They have two queen beds in the resort instead of one queen and a sofa sleeper in the studio. But if you would really like a kitchenette then you might want to consider CCV. You can also book whichever one is cheaper. :)

For those who have been recently, what are the wait times like for a table at Geyser Point around lunch time (12 PM - 3PM)? I'm looking for a mid-day retreat while at MK. :earsboy:

Party of 1, and I don't mind sitting at the bar, if they're allowing that.

For those who have been recently, what are the wait times like for a table at Geyser Point around lunch time (12 PM - 3PM)? I'm looking for a mid-day retreat while at MK. :earsboy:

They are allowing people to sit at the bar.

We've had lunch at Geyser Point in October, twice in January and in March and there wasn't a wait for any of those times when we arrived around noon. The entire resort is rather empty at that time of day. We also plan to eat lunch at Geyser Point on Monday or Wednesday of this upcoming week. :)

Staying here this summer, and want to reserve Whipering Canyon on our arrival day. Do you think I will have difficulty reserving this ADR at 60 days?

They are allowing people to sit at the bar.

We've had lunch at Geyser Point in October, twice in January and in March and there wasn't a wait for any of those times when we arrived around noon. The entire resort is rather empty at that time of day. We also plan to eat lunch at Geyser Point on Monday or Wednesday of this upcoming week. :)

Thanks! I'm so glad I'm going in May and the resort will be quieter while I'm there!

We just returned last week (a busy spring break week) and had less than 10 minute wait both times for lunch. The main pool was always packed, but we found loungers and tables open at the quiet pool each afternoon.

Good morning,

We are excited to be staying at Cooper Creek next month, (meeting up with some friends). But I am even more excited to try the new resort rooms in July! I was playing around on the Disney website (because who doesn't randomly check Disney resort prices for imaginary trips) and WL standard room popped up for the 4th of July weekend with the 30% off code! I couldn't resist so we will be doing mostly a resort stay that weekend. We've been to Poly during the 4th (one of our DVC homes), but this will be our first time at the Lodge during the holiday.
Does WL do anything special during the 4th of July?

Staying here this summer, and want to reserve Whipering Canyon on our arrival day. Do you think I will have difficulty reserving this ADR at 60 days?
I just did our reservations for our entire stay a few days ago. The only thing I could not get, and we wanted some pretty difficult things to get right now; BOG/Yak & Yeti) was Whispering Canyon for dinner on our arrival evening. It seemed easier if you could be there at lunch time, but dinner was not a possibility when we tried.

We just added a couple of nights to our stay in August, however the standard room that I originally booked is not available for the full stay now. I now have to decide between Nature View and Courtyard room. Its a $230 difference for the six nights. Years ago, I remember the Woods view room being dark and buggy to the point of not being able to open the door at night. Can someone who has stayed in one of these rooms more recently confirm if this was still the case? I'm thinking it may be worth it to spring for the Courtyard room just to be able to sit outside comfortably at night.

Heading home in 10 days, can anyone tell me if the jogging trail is open from BRV through Fort Wilderness? If not, any suggestions besides a treadmill? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter