Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Does the bus that goes between WL and Fort Wilderness take you to the location of the Hoop Dee Doo Review? I know the boat is available and it’s just a short walk from the boat dock to the Hoop Dee Doo Review but we were just wondering if the bus still has a stop behind that building. I thought there were busses to both MK and WL at a stop just behind the Hoop Dee Doo location but I’m not sure if it was just because it was bad weather the night we were there.

Does the bus that goes between WL and Fort Wilderness take you to the location of the Hoop Dee Doo Review? I know the boat is available and it’s just a short walk from the boat dock to the Hoop Dee Doo Review but we were just wondering if the bus still has a stop behind that building. I thought there were busses to both MK and WL at a stop just behind the Hoop Dee Doo location but I’m not sure if it was just because it was bad weather the night we were there.
Actually, the boat between WL/CR/FW never returned after covid. You can take a bus to FW, it's a very short walk to Pioneer Hall, it's not behind the building, kind of down the path from it.

The bus from WL takes you to the Settlement depot bus stop, which is the one closest to the restaurants, including the one that has the Hoop Dee Doo review.

Actually, the boat between WL/CR/FW never returned after covid. You can take a bus to FW, it's a very short walk to Pioneer Hall, it's not behind the building, kind of down the path from it.
Is there still a boat that takes you to TTC?

No the 2 types of boats that service the WL only run between the WL and the MK park entrance dock.

Dave

Hello! Hoping for some help. I think I know the answer, but want to double check in case it could work out.

We have a 2 night 2 bedroom lock-off reserved on 12/25 using rented DVC points. However, we arrive on 12/24 and today I noticed a 2 bedroom was available through the Disney website. I did not see any type of lock off room listed on the Disney website.

I understand what a lock-off is, but will these actually be two different rooms?
I would believe so, but was so hoping to make it work where we don’t have to move resorts or rooms after one night.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Hello! Hoping for some help. I think I know the answer, but want to double check in case it could work out.

We have a 2 night 2 bedroom lock-off reserved on 12/25 using rented DVC points. However, we arrive on 12/24 and today I noticed a 2 bedroom was available through the Disney website. I did not see any type of lock off room listed on the Disney website.

I understand what a lock-off is, but will these actually be two different rooms?
I would believe so, but was so hoping to make it work where we don’t have to move resorts or rooms after one night.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
DVC inventory and what you see on the Disney reservation site are from completely different "buckets" or allocations of rooms. A room can show as available on the Disney site, but not for booking on the DVC member site. And yes, they are two different room types. A lock off is a one bedroom connected to a studio (which can be locked off and booked as a studio), a two bedroom (dedicated) is an actual real two bedroom, not a connecting studio as the second bedroom. It's likely you will have to move.

DVC inventory and what you see on the Disney reservation site are from completely different "buckets" or allocations of rooms. A room can show as available on the Disney site, but not for booking on the DVC member site. And yes, they are two different room types. A lock off is a one bedroom connected to a studio (which can be locked off and booked as a studio), a two bedroom (dedicated) is an actual real two bedroom, not a connecting studio as the second bedroom. It's likely you will have to move.
Thank you. This is what I assumed, but was hoping for a Christmas miracle. Thanks for confirming.

Ok, I definitely misread this somewhere then - so the boat takes you directly to the park? (sorry, have tried googling and nothing seems to be clear.)

EDIT: nevermind, just found a youtube video that shows it dropping off at the park. :)
Yes, the boat from WL will dock at entrance to the MK.

We just stayed in a 2bd for a couple of days and the place, lobby, restaurants, pools, hot tubs, geyser point were beautiful!!! We asked the attendant at Boulder Ridge if we could tour a renovated room and she took us through a 1 bd and a studio. Amazing! Hope they do that everywhere. Christmas is an amazing time at WL. We are all blessed.

We just stayed in a 2bd for a couple of days and the place, lobby, restaurants, pools, hot tubs, geyser point were beautiful!!! We asked the attendant at Boulder Ridge if we could tour a renovated room and she took us through a 1 bd and a studio. Amazing! Hope they do that everywhere. Christmas is an amazing time at WL. We are all blessed.
You know we all want to know when peps get to start using them!! Any news there?

She said any reservations made from now on would only be in renovated rooms. Let’s hope she is correct.
So what she is saying is that those who ALREADY have rooms booked will first be put in OLD rooms(if available ) and the newer rooms will be given first to new bookings?? Doesn't seem fair. Or is she saying only new rooms will be used(which doesn't seem practical or possible)

Once the very last group of rooms to be refurbished is taken out of service, all of the open rooms are already finished and "new". So I would HOPE that's what the CM meant. If there are still some "old" rooms open for guests to use, then that's different.

So the question is, are there still any "old" rooms actually currently open for guests to use? Anyone know?

They were refurbishing the Boulder Ridge rooms when we were at WL in August. Maybe they are almost done by now. :)

So what she is saying is that those who ALREADY have rooms booked will first be put in OLD rooms(if available ) and the newer rooms will be given first to new bookings?? Doesn't seem fair. Or is she saying only new rooms will be used(which doesn't seem practical or possible)
She said any reservations made from now on would only be in renovated rooms. Let’s hope she is correct.

I got excited at first, but then I thought about it. 'any reservations made from now on' - New reservations are likely to be 6 or so months out from now. They'll be done with the renovations then. So yes, any new reservations will be in the new rooms. But so would any 'old' reservations that are for that time.

What she didn't say is 'any new check-ins from now on would be in renovated rooms'. :( I check in on Friday, so though I've asked for a renovated room, trying to not get my hopes up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter