Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

It was also a great nature walk -- deer, turtles, frogs, mosquitos!
That was how we got to Trails End and the horse paddock. Is
there a sidewalk on the bus route to Fort Wilderness? For some reason I thought the jogging trail was a loop?

It was also a great nature walk -- deer, turtles, frogs, mosquitos!
That was how we got to Trails End and the horse paddock. Is
there a sidewalk on the bus route to Fort Wilderness? For some reason I thought the jogging trail was a loop?
Unfortunately, it was all closed when they started construction on the (now canceled) Reflections Lakeside Lodge, and it hasn’t come back yet.

Something of note. For those who are going to the HDDR, there is a bus that runs from Ft. Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge and back. Usually about every 20 minutes. It's the yellow bus which is part of the internal loop. Just check with the bus driver to see what the first stop is.

We are staying Sept 11-14 as part of a split stay - just got an e-mail we got an upgrade to a deluxe room - we booked a concierge room. Anyone stay in a Deluxe room? Is there a close-by elevator to the 7th floor? trying to find a map of the 7th floor to see if the elevator halfway down the corridor connects up there.

Something of note. For those who are going to the HDDR, there is a bus that runs from Ft. Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge and back. Usually about every 20 minutes. It's the yellow bus which is part of the internal loop. Just check with the bus driver to see what the first stop is.
Thank you! I'll add this to the transportation section. I was not sure if this bus route was still being done.

We are staying Sept 11-14 as part of a split stay - just got an e-mail we got an upgrade to a deluxe room - we booked a concierge room. Anyone stay in a Deluxe room? Is there a close-by elevator to the 7th floor? trying to find a map of the 7th floor to see if the elevator halfway down the corridor connects up there.
The deluxe rooms are on floors 1-6 and located at the end of the building, closest to the boat dock. You have to take the elevator that is closest to Roaring Forks to get to the 7th floor from a deluxe room or use the stairs.

Last edited:
The deluxe rooms are on floors 1-6 and located at the end of the building, closest to the bock dock. You have to take the elevator that is closest to Roaring Forks to get to the 7th floor from a deluxe room or use the stairs.
ok, great..um.. where is roaring forks? Seems there is an elevator near the restaurant formerly known as artist point, old map

hey I think there are 12 deluxe rooms. 2 on the ends of floors 1 to 6.
You are correct they are all at the end of the North wing of the lodge overlooking Bay lake and the boat dock. They set at the end of the building with 2 Standard rooms between them.

They all have 2 balcony(s). A small one off the bedroom and a regular balcony facing Bay lake.
Deluxe rooms 25,
The total number of Deluxe rooms were reduced when the south side of the lodge was converted Cooper Creek DVC.

Dave

ok, great..um.. where is roaring forks? Seems there is an elevator near the restaurant formerly known as artist point, old map
If you are on the lobby level just had past WC and Territory lounge and there will be a very large stone ramp that takes you down to the 1st floor. Roaring Fork is at the end of that first section of the north wing hallway section on the left. On the right is the outside eating area and path to the main pool and Geyser Point.

There is an elevator across the hall from Roaring Fork. It is right near the self-service laundry.

ETA: still working on spelling.

Dave

Last edited:
Thanks mrsap! I like the painting behind the sofa.
The color scheme seems a bit random.

I was going to withhold posting since that’s just one awkward angle picture, but I was thinking the same thing. Although I thought the same thing about the VGF2 early pics (color scheme seemed all over the place to me) and those turned out to be pretty attractive (in my opinion).

Walking into Boulder Ridge this morning there was a Disney Executive briefing a group of CMs, and I heard her say that the path was closed as "too dangerous for our guests" and has been replaced by bus service.

Unfortunately, it was all closed when they started construction on the (now canceled) Reflections Lakeside Lodge, and it hasn’t come back yet.
Walking into Boulder Ridge this morning there was a Disney Executive briefing a group of CMs, and I heard her say that the path was closed as "too dangerous for our guests" and has been replaced by bus service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter