Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I had a standard view reservation. They first put us in a tiny room with several large stains and rips in the carpet I kept tripping on. That room also had several other maintenance issues so we requested to be moved. We were very happy with this room.
Tiny room? Would you care to elaborate? Aren't all the rooms the same size or very close to it?

Tiny room? Would you care to elaborate? Aren't all the rooms the same size or very close to it?
Most of the rooms at the Beach Club are the same size, except, rooms on the top floors and rooms at the corners and rooms in odd locations, etc. Many of the odd sized rooms are bigger than average, though. I haven't heard of too any tiny ones.

Most of the rooms at the Beach Club are the same size, except, rooms on the top floors and rooms at the corners and rooms in odd locations, etc. Many of the odd sized rooms are bigger than average, though. I haven't heard of too any tiny ones.
That is what I was thinking as well.

Does anyone know how late Yacht and Beach Club Dining will leave a special ordered cake in your room? I'd like it to be in the room when we return from dinner on our first night, maybe around 8:00 pm.

In the Beach Club Villa Studio, does the table attached to the Murphy bed cabinet fold down out of the way even when the bed is not folded out?

She told me that sometimes the resorts dont put the information in there if they are booked up. But to try again later as you suggested. And apparantly they can only add the requests... She couldnt tell me what the normal requests are. Having never stayed at YC I didnt know either.

Whoever you talked to gave you some bad information. The resorts have zero access to add anything to the request section of Online Check In. That has to come from Disney IT. Each resort was given the opportunity to provide Disney IT with 4 options per room type so that guests will have accurate options depending on the room type they booked. Well, IT couldn't make that work. And in the process of trying to fix that, they broke it even more which is why we are where we are right now. They have decided to scrap the original idea and go back to a basic set of 6 options that every guest will be have to choose from no matter what room type they booked. They tried to do it right for once and couldn't pull it off. :badpc:

Whoever you talked to gave you some bad information. The resorts have zero access to add anything to the request section of Online Check In. That has to come from Disney IT. Each resort was given the opportunity to provide Disney IT with 4 options per room type so that guests will have accurate options depending on the room type they booked. Well, IT couldn't make that work. And in the process of trying to fix that, they broke it even more which is why we are where we are right now. They have decided to scrap the original idea and go back to a basic set of 6 options that every guest will be have to choose from no matter what room type they booked. They tried to do it right for once and couldn't pull it off. :badpc:

That was the internet team.

Hi, everyone! I've been lurking a long time but finally wanted to post to say what a fantastic time I had at Yacht Club last week (Sept. 18-22, 2017). I was there with a good friend of mine for a girls' getaway to Food & Wine, and we loved it. The resort is just beautiful, and we loved the renovated room. We were in 2034 with a nice view of the quiet pool, and the noise/traffic level was absolutely no problem even though the resort was booked. We had two queen beds, no daybed, just a desk and chair. There was plenty of storage space, and everything was very clean. Housekeeping was just fine. There was only one day that I came back mid-afternoon to find we had not had service yet, and on that day the housekeeper came by just as I was about to get in the shower. She promised me she would come back later, and she did! Anytime I ran into the housekeepers in the hall, they were all very friendly.

We arrived LATE Monday night (barely Tues. morning, actually), as my car's transmission gave out on us on the way down. Ugh! After a 5 hour delay in SC, we were able to have my car towed back home and get a great rental car, so I nearly got out and kissed the ground when we finally arrived, LOL! There were actually a couple people in front of me at the front desk (including one man who thought he was just going to walk in and get a room without a reservation - ha!), but I just tried to breathe deeply and enjoy the lovely smell of the lobby. Parking was absolutely no problem at midnight on that Monday night. Luckily I didn't need my car until we left, because a convention made parking an absolute nightmare later in the week.

NOT a good way to start the trip, but after getting a good night's sleep, the rest of the trip was PERFECT. The weather was great with no rain (though yes, a bit on the warm side)! We enjoyed sampling the goodies at Food & Wine, and we also saw Air Supply. (Incidentally, I thought they were PHENOMENAL on Tuesday in particular, and I was THRILLED to score a picture with Russell Hitchcock as he went out into the audience to sing "The One That You Love"-- :flower3:) It was awesome to just walk back "home" after such a fun night! The location cannot be beat.

I have no complaints about transportation! On MK day, the bus arrived to pick us up at YC within 5 minutes. When we left MK, there was a very long line at the Yacht/Beach bus stop. The bus came quickly, but it was obvious not everyone would make it. A Boardwalk bus was also there, so we boarded it instead, and then there was a boat waiting for us to take us across the lagoon, so no problem. On AK day, the bus was pulling up as we got there. (Thank goodness, because we were rope-dropping FoP, and I didn't want to drive.) FoP was AWESOME, and we did it at RD and again after lunch with a FP. My friend managed to get ANOTHER FP for FoP (!), but I had headed back to the resort to get ready for the evening to see the Star Wars fireworks. We decided to walk back after the fireworks, and that was a very pleasant way to end the day. We had great views of Illuminations on that walk back! And it was much nicer than riding a crowded boat, in our opinion. I did ride the boat about 3 times (twice going over to DHS and once coming back from DHS), and all three times it was pulling up to the dock. It was pretty amazing!

The Marketplace at Beach Club is indeed undergoing some construction (drink machines I guess, from what previous posters have said), so while I had no problem eating a Mickey waffle there one morning, I had to go somewhere else to eat lunch one day because the noise was awful. Glad that should be resolved soon. By the way, my lunch was the pulled pork sliders from Hurricane Hannah's, and I thought they were really good!

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I hope it's helpful to someone as you all have been so helpful to me with my trip planning! Thanks to Dee and to all you other posters for sharing your knowledge and experiences. LOVE this thread! :thanks:

Last edited:
Hi, everyone! I've been lurking a long time but finally wanted to post to say what a fantastic time I had at Yacht Club last week (Sept. 18-22, 2017). I was there with a good friend of mine for a girls' getaway to Food & Wine, and we loved it. The resort is just beautiful, and we loved the renovated room. We were in 2034 with a nice view of the quiet pool, and the noise/traffic level was absolutely no problem even though the resort was booked. We had two queen beds, no daybed, just a desk and chair. There was plenty of storage space, and everything was very clean. Housekeeping was just fine. There was only one day that I came back mid-afternoon to find we had not had service yet, and on that day the housekeeper came by just as I was about to get in the shower. She promised me she would come back later, and she did! Anytime I ran into the housekeepers in the hall, they were all very friendly.

We arrived LATE Monday night (barely Tues. morning, actually), as my car's transmission gave out on us on the way down. Ugh! After a 5 hour delay in SC, we were able to have my car towed back home and get a great rental car, so I nearly got out and kissed the ground when we finally arrived, LOL! There were actually a couple people in front of me at the front desk (including one man who thought he was just going to walk in and get a room without a reservation - ha!), but I just tried to breathe deeply and enjoy the lovely smell of the lobby. Parking was absolutely no problem at midnight on that Monday night. Luckily I didn't need my car until we left, because a convention made parking an absolute nightmare later in the week.

NOT a good way to start the trip, but after getting a good night's sleep, the rest of the trip was PERFECT. The weather was great with no rain (though yes, a bit on the warm side)! We enjoyed sampling the goodies at Food & Wine, and we also saw Air Supply. (Incidentally, I thought they were PHENOMENAL on Tuesday in particular, and I was THRILLED to score a picture with Russell Hitchcock as he went out in to the audience to sing "The One That You Love"-- :flower3:) It was awesome to just walk back "home" after such a fun night! The location cannot be beat.

I have no complaints about transportation! On MK day, the bus arrived to pick us up at YC within 5 minutes. When we left MK, there was a very long line at the Yacht/Beach bus stop. The bus came quickly, but it was obvious not everyone would make it. A Boardwalk bus was also there, so we boarded it instead, and then there was a boat waiting for us to take us across the lagoon, so no problem. On AK day, the bus was pulling up as we got there. (Thank goodness, because we were rope-dropping FoP, and I didn't want to drive). FoP was AWESOME, and we did it at RD and again after lunch with a FP. My friend managed to get ANOTHER FP for FoP (!), but I had headed back to the resort to get ready for the evening to see the Star Wars fireworks. We decided to walk back after the fireworks, and that was a very pleasant way to end the day. We had great views of Illuminations on that walk back! And it was much nicer than riding a crowded boat, in our opinion. I did ride the boat about 3 times (twice going over to DHS and once coming back from DHS), and all three times it was pulling up to the dock. It was pretty amazing!

The Marketplace at Beach Club is indeed undergoing some construction (drink machines I guess, from what previous posters have said), so while I had no problem eating a Mickey waffle there one morning, I had to go somewhere else to eat lunch one day because the noise was awful. Glad that should be resolved soon. By the way, my lunch was the pulled pork sliders from Hurricane Hannah's, and I thought they were really good!

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I hope it's helpful to someone as you all have been so helpful to me with my trip planning! Thanks to Dee and to all you other posters for sharing your knowledge and experiences. LOVE this thread! :thanks:

Thanks for your great review! Glad you had a great time. Oh, and long-winded is good. We love details around here!

Wishing Dee and Teena a magical cruise!

disney-fantasy-cruise-ship-1.jpg

Sure. It was a room at the end of a short hallway but I dont recall the room number as I spent all of 5 minutes in there. When I say tiny I mean the room felt much smaller when comparing to other standard 2 queen bed rooms at multiple moderates on Disney property. I had never stayed deluxe before and thought (perhaps incorrectly) the room would be similar in size. It could be same square footage as others but perhaps it was the layout that made it feel small. There was a large bathroom on the left as you came in. The vanity, shower and toilet were all in that room and it was quite large, mostly just alot of room around the toilet. The closet was directly across from the bathroom. There were the 2 beds, couch and a stand with the refrigerator in it and tv and coffeemaker on it. The desk and chair were between the wall with the window and the second bed.The t.v. stand was only the width of the fridge so the coffee maker sat in front of the tv. It was tight walking between the beds and the couch (again in comparison to other rooms on Disney property, felt like a cruise ship). Again, this is MY perception of the room. Right or wrong on actual size it felt uncomfortable. The bathroom ate up the whole room and didn't leave much space for everything else.

Oh, also while we were sitting there, a life guard had to jump in and help a little boy who was struggling. He went under once. The life guard blew her whistle and jumped in. The parents were nearby, but not paying any attention.
I saw this happen with a kid coming off the slide. He struggled for just a moment, and the lifeguard was there so quickly she was basically a blur between her chair and the child. I had to track down the CM in charge so I could tell him what an amazing job she did. SAB is the best!

Anyone else have issues with online check in here. It went through no problem but my issue is the room choices section is blank. And when you click on it there are no options to choose from. Tried on both Chrome and IE to make sure it wasnt a browser error.

I tried on my app this morning and it gave me no room options. Tried through safari and it said I already picked my room options.

Pretty specific random question - how early have you checked in at YC/BC?

Bestie and I decided to splurge on a Club room at YC for the Sunday of Wine & Dine Half. I'd LOVE to park my car at the hotel and take resort transportation to the race instead of parking at Epcot, bussing to the start line and then having to move our car to YC after the race.

But that would mean parking at YC at like 4 a.m. ... :crazy2:

Pretty specific random question - how early have you checked in at YC/BC?

Bestie and I decided to splurge on a Club room at YC for the Sunday of Wine & Dine Half. I'd LOVE to park my car at the hotel and take resort transportation to the race instead of parking at Epcot, bussing to the start line and then having to move our car to YC after the race.

But that would mean parking at YC at like 4 a.m. ... :crazy2:

We almost always check in really early. Last time at YC it was just after 6AM. I think 6AM is the earliest you can check in.

We almost always check in really early. Last time at YC it was just after 6AM. I think 6AM is the earliest you can check in.

Cool - thanks!!
Do you think they'd let me park at, say, 4 a.m. before the race and then I'd check-in for my room after we finish the race, ~ 9 a.m.?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter