Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So when entering SAB do they still give out special bracelets to wear or do they just scan your magic bands each time you enter?

So when entering SAB do they still give out special bracelets to wear or do they just scan your magic bands each time you enter?
Both. They'll scan your MB on first entry, slap on a wristband and you're good to go the rest of the day. No more MB scanning after that unless you remove the color of the day.

Yep, both. When I was there last year they had different color paper bands every day. Kind of annoying to wear, but it bothered me less than I thought it would.

I am glad they give out the bands still, the people who pay the prices for the complex should be the only people in the pool. And this is really the only Disney resort that I am assured of that.

Does this mean that my children will have to wear bands in the pool? My daughter is autistic and never likes wearing wristbands and I had supposed that I could use my band for me and the kids to get in the pool. I had planned to carry the puck from her band in my bag for the parks but if I will have to put it back in to the band so we can go to the pool without bags each day I guess that is a bad plan.

Does this mean that my children will have to wear bands in the pool? My daughter is autistic and never likes wearing wristbands and I had supposed that I could use my band for me and the kids to get in the pool. I had planned to carry the puck from her band in my bag for the parks but if I will have to put it back in to the band so we can go to the pool without bags each day I guess that is a bad plan.
It's paper if that's any consolation and brightly colored. I'm sure she can go without one based on the circumstances. Always worth a discussion with the CM on duty. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:

I'm sure you can explain this to whatever CM is checking MBs upon entry.

They need to scan the MB's puck then put on a paper wristband, so while you don't actually need to wear MBs in the pool, it is assumed everyone will wear the paper wristband. Maybe they can let you wear double paper band for her, or just let it slide (imagine that's more likely than forcing you to wear double!)

Wanted to add a quick comment to the entering stormalong bay procedures. Last week three of the days we went there was no one scanning magic bands to enter, two days it was pretty empty so no big deal, but the other day it was packed so we were surprised there was no one there. On one of those days, one of the quieter ones, a CM was walking around scanning magic bands and giving out the wristbands. Curious as to why some days they did scan and others they didn't we asked her, and she told us when they expect low crowds they don't staff the entrances, but they try to have someone walk around to verify people belong there. First time we've ever experienced that!

If your daughter won't be using the big slide then she really shouldn't need to wear the band. The entrance to the slide is outside of the main pool area and the people using the slide wear the bands so that the lifeguards know that they are YC/BC guests.

Wanted to add a quick comment to the entering stormalong bay procedures. Last week three of the days we went there was no one scanning magic bands to enter, two days it was pretty empty so no big deal, but the other day it was packed so we were surprised there was no one there. On one of those days, one of the quieter ones, a CM was walking around scanning magic bands and giving out the wristbands. Curious as to why some days they did scan and others they didn't we asked her, and she told us when they expect low crowds they don't staff the entrances, but they try to have someone walk around to verify people belong there. First time we've ever experienced that!
Never heard of that before. I hope that doesn't happen a lot. People need to play where they paid to stay at.

Page 1038-1039

Just got back from an awesome week at the YC! We were in room 4116, which was so quiet compared to our room back in May! Never heard a peep from the neighbors except for once when they were out on the balcony. We noticed they added the soft close feature to the bathroom door which hadn’t been in our previous room, so that probably helped with all the bangs we had heard before. The only downside to our room was since it was a smaller one, it didn’t have the room for the barn door to separate the vanity area, which we really missed.

Overall it was a great stay, crowds seemed super low at the beginning of the week but picked up a bit on Thursday through the weekend. Stormalong bay was awesome as always, and they switched out the lounge chairs with padded ones on our second day which are super comfy! Although it seems they reduced the overall number of lounge chairs when they did that.

We did have some issues with the bus service this trip. One day we waited 51 minutes for a bus to the MK. We ended up being late for our ADR because of that. We've always had great luck with the buses before, never waiting more than 5-10 minutes at the YC, but this trip we consistently waited about 30 minutes and then that annoyingly long 51 minute wait!

Sad to have to leave, but now we get to start planning next years trip which is half the fun!

I'm glad you had a great trip. I'm reading all about it now. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for the review and details about your room. If you get a chance I would really appreciate if you could add your pictures to the YC View Thread.

:thanks:

Robin,

I saw that you used Amazon Prime Now and got it delivered. When I went to place my order today for delivery, it told me that the address was not within the delivery area.

What address did you use?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

:welcome: back!

Long time, no see.

:wave2:

Going with out large family next week. We will have 4 different rooms. Will our rooms automatically be together b/c we are all together or do we need to put in requests that we are close together? With 4 different rooms would you do online check in or wait to check in at the resort??

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Sounds like a fantastic family trip!

As others indicated, call in your request to have your rooms close by.

:cool1:

Okay, I've decided to ditch Coronado and do YC (Oct 8-11)! Any fun tips or ideas to enhance my stay? I'm so excited! I read that every room at the YC has a full balcony, is that true?

Great!

I'll remove the "maybe" from your listing and put it in virtual permanent ink.

:cool2:

2 days until we are at The YC and SAB :woohoo:!!!! We will be in WDW tomorrow, but weren't supposed to arrive until really late, so I booked a cheap value room, now we are getting there much earlier, but figured we would just keep it as-is. I cannot wait for my YC stay! last time we stayed there our room was in desperate need of a refurb, so I am very excited to see the new rooms.

Have a fantastic trip!!!

:woohoo:

Hi all, we are wrapping up our stay at BC tomorrow and have been here since the 19th. The last info I found about our room was a couple years old so wanted to post updated info. We are in 2664. Right off the main lobby and above the Porte cochere. The room is large with a king size bed, couch and chair. Location is convenient for transportation and running down to the Market. We really like this room for those reasons. Here are some items that didnt bother us but has the potential to really bother others: There is no balcony at all and the view is of well nothing really. It is noisy from people in the lobby, people in hallway, people out front, chainsaw/leafblower (didn't get up to look) at 8AM and you can hear a rolling noise every time the front doors open as they are below the bathroom. The noise didn't bother us since we get up early anyway and live in a noisy inner city so we are used to background noise. There is no door separating the vanity area from the rest of the room, NO problem for a couple but multiple people trying to get dressed with privacy...not happening. All and all it for the bill for us and the pluses outweighed the negatives. Here are some pics

Thank you so much for the info about your room.

I would love it if you could add your comments and pictures to the Beach Club View thread when you have a moment.

I have a couple questions about the Club Level Deluxe Rooms at the BC.

Do they all have a lagoon view?

How far are they from the lounge?

Do they have ceiling fans?

I have a couple questions about the Club Level Deluxe Rooms at the BC.

Do they all have a lagoon view?

How far are they from the lounge?

Do they have ceiling fans?

The deluxe rooms vary as they are not on the 5th floor, the deluxe room we had was on the 4th floor but the walk to the elevator and back up into the club was too long maybe a min total with waiting for the elevator, im 99% sure all rooms have ceiling fans.

Hi everyone. excited to be checking into the BC next wednesday for a short pre-cruise stay.

Back in the good ole days, when BnC didn't have ADRs, we could usually eat at an off time with a short wait...say 3:30 in the afternoon. Is that possible anymore? I wasn't able to get an ADR, though I keep checking, and we are doing a lot of resort time this trip so hoping we can eat there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter