Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Good question!

I don't know the answer, or if there is a new policy in place prohibiting the housekeepers from doing the turndown on standard rooms like they have for the towel creations*. I suspect that this is one where the answer can change based on the situation. It can't hurt to ask, if the resort or the housekeeping staff is not super busy, then they may honor your request. Call housekeeping when you get there. Or leave a note for the housekeeper - however if they are not supposed to do it, then probably not good to ask them to go against the rules.

:thumbsup2

*Oh, umbrella/mushroom/stingray, you are missed...

:rotfl:

Oh I would never ask anyone to break the rules. I was just wondering if anyone here knew the answer. I like to get my enveloped stuffed before I even leave my house, and I would leave a tip for the night CM. I know I have had turndown at the Poly and the Grand, and at the Grand turndown is available for everyone. At the Poly you needed to request it if you were not staying CL. The last BC visit we stayed at CL, but on this trip, even with the discount, I cannot justify the cost.

Slight change in plans since I recieved my girl's dance schedules last night. Including a mandatory rehearsal in our vacation dates.

We will now be at beach club May 4-12, before moving to he GF for our free two night stay. Hey, it's earlier, not later! Ill take it!

I don't know if you have tried Big River Grill and Brewing Company. It's pretty decent for a nearby lunch spot when arriving at the Yacht Club or nearby on the Boardwalk. It doesn't need an ADR.

I agree. My wife and I are fans of Big River. Good burgers and beers.

So the weather has been better yesterday & today: no rain since that downpour Tuesday. Although the humidity has been very high - I know, Florida in the summer! I must be getting old: it is definately bothering me more. :crazy2:

Tried a few things at Food & Wine. Very tasty but can get expensive with meat offerings at $7.50 each. Not drinkers so didn't try any wine. Talk about expensive: couldn't resist getting a food & wine Dooney & Bourke purse!! I was wanting a different design, but thought this might be the only time I'm ever at food & wine so got this one. DH is probably getting me he other one for Christmas. Spoiled, I know!!

Loved the Star Wars fireworks but I was glad we didn't get the dessert party for it. They really packed lot of people into hat reserved area. I was just in front of that area per tips from the theme park boards & had a nice view with space around me to breathe.

The time boards at the bus stop are a mixed blessing. Nice to have an idea of when your bus will come. But our Disney Springs bus time has changed about 6 times already & has stayed 14 minutes away for about 20 minutes now. Aggghhhh!!!! :rotfl2:

I don't know if you have tried Big River Grill and Brewing Company. It's pretty decent for a nearby lunch spot when arriving at the Yacht Club or nearby on the Boardwalk. It doesn't need an ADR.

I agree. My wife and I are fans of Big River. Good burgers and beers.

::yes::

So the weather has been better yesterday & today: no rain since that downpour Tuesday. Although the humidity has been very high - I know, Florida in the summer! I must be getting old: it is definately bothering me more. :crazy2:

Tried a few things at Food & Wine. Very tasty but can get expensive with meat offerings at $7.50 each. Not drinkers so didn't try any wine. Talk about expensive: couldn't resist getting a food & wine Dooney & Bourke purse!! I was wanting a different design, but thought this might be the only time I'm ever at food & wine so got this one. DH is probably getting me he other one for Christmas. Spoiled, I know!!

Loved the Star Wars fireworks but I was glad we didn't get the dessert party for it. They really packed lot of people into hat reserved area. I was just in front of that area per tips from the theme park boards & had a nice view with space around me to breathe.

The time boards at the bus stop are a mixed blessing. Nice to have an idea of when your bus will come. But our Disney Springs bus time has changed about 6 times already & has stayed 14 minutes away for about 20 minutes now. Aggghhhh!!!! :rotfl2:

I so want the satchel one and am hoping to get it next month when we go....saving my pennies :)

Jumping back in here! We stayed at BCV for the first time this past summer in a split stay with BLT. We loved it so much that we're going back again next year! We are booked at BCV for 6/6-6/12/17 and will likely follow it up with BLT again, though the second part of our stay isn't booked yet.

So glad to have a reason to stalk this thread again. :)

Oh I would never ask anyone to break the rules.

That's the bad thing about Disney rules. They change them on the fly. One time everything seems OK and then the next maybe not.

Maybe someone there now could ask or call Mousekeeping and ask????

Alright these next 19 days need to fly by, I need me some relaxing time by SAB and possibly one of the Sunken Treasures or 2 , its been a long hot stinky summer here in Chicago , and it just needs to be over with, also an update we are switching from YC to BC CL , had a way to change it to BC and the CL

Last edited:
Well, we have been lucky with crowds & weather until 6:00 tonight. And then the rain came. And came. And came. :rotfl2:

Along with lots of thunder & lightening. We were headed to Epcot for a Soarin fastpass & dinner in Italy. Made it to the International Gateway, held there for about 20 minutes. Seemed to slow down so we decided to head right to Italy. Ha! Made it inside the park. Halfway up the bridge to France, it let loose again. Found an umbrella that is set up for Food & Wine. Waited another 15 minutes or so, then kept going as it slowed down.

The biggest problems we had were all the poor drainage on the walkways. There were several areas with inches of water. Many people were just taking their shoes off & carrying them. We finally made it to Tutto Italia, about 1/2 hour before our ADR. They sat us immediately. There was very loud thunder as we ate. By the time finished it had slowed down again.

We made our way back to the International Gateway, avoiding the puddles as best as we could. The Friendship boats weren't running due to the lightening. At the base of the bridge back to he resorts, was a mini lake! Seriously, from the concrete posts to about 3 feet from the boat dock was 6- 8 inches of water. Most people were trudging thru & it was mid calf. There was 1 drain at the bottom near us that my DH & I pushed debree from several times. We tried to wait for the water to go down, but it just wasn't happening. No Disney staff around for about 15 minutes, even tho the boat captains had to see the situation. A few cast members finally showed up & just stood there looking. :confused3 Guests were trudging thru all that water with lightening still going on. Then we heard the CMs talking- apparently one of the small boats at the dock the Disney people use was taking on water & sinking!

DH & I finally got tired of waiting & we did as several others had done & straddled the curb along the path until we were past the water. We were wearing our ponchos, so except our feet, we were pretty dry. It is just unbelievable that Disney doesn't have better drainage in some of these areas. I understand tropical rains, but really, a few more appropriately placed drains would help an lot. Disney pulls their cast members away from pools etc, when there is lightening, but they have guests walking thru all this standing water.

We're in a room facing the boat dock & have a few inches of water on the balcony too. Well, hopefully it'll be better tomorrow!

We waded through those puddles/lakes two years ago - my DD is petite and it seemed like she was going to get swept out to the lake! Insane amounts of water on the walkways - they become more like canals!

That's the bad thing about Disney rules. They change them on the fly. One time everything seems OK and then the next maybe not.

Maybe someone there now could ask or call Mousekeeping and ask????

If so, that would be nice, but if not, I will ask at checkin. Turndown is not a necessity, but what a treat is is to walk into your room with fresh towels, chocolates, and the light turned on. I know it seems silly, but it is one of the lovely perks that made deluxe resorts deluxe! LOL!

page 676-677

We went from the entrance to the bus stop last weekend. Much further than I thought. We rode a golf cart (there were two waiting outside - just ask the CM standing next to them). Probably took about a minute or two via golf cart.

Thanks for the input about the time and availability of the rides to the temporary bus stop.

Shorter than the walk from the BC lobby to the YC lobby. I wonder what the walk from the BC lobby to the temporary stop is.

:car:

Oh I would never ask anyone to break the rules. I was just wondering if anyone here knew the answer. I like to get my enveloped stuffed before I even leave my house, and I would leave a tip for the night CM. I know I have had turndown at the Poly and the Grand, and at the Grand turndown is available for everyone. At the Poly you needed to request it if you were not staying CL. The last BC visit we stayed at CL, but on this trip, even with the discount, I cannot justify the cost.

I would suggest stuffing the envelopes for turndown so you are prepared and if it is not available, there's a few extra bucks for you. Ask at check-in if you go to the desk and/or call housekeeping when you get to the room. I think housekeeping will ultimately be the ones who will be able to tell you if turndown is available to you. And I am still willing to bet dollars to donuts that there isn't a consistent answer. Even if others do or do not get turndown upon request for their trips, your experience could be different. Never hurts to ask, but I honestly do not know what the answer will be.

::yes::

Thanks for the heads up. Hadn't seen this previously. I'll post the link over on the Dining Post 7.

:goodvibes

Slight change in plans since I recieved my girl's dance schedules last night. Including a mandatory rehearsal in our vacation dates.

We will now be at beach club May 4-12, before moving to he GF for our free two night stay. Hey, it's earlier, not later! Ill take it!

Got it!

:cool2:

I don't remember what year it was, but Captain's Grill was down one year when we were there. They had breakfast available in the Yachtsman's Steakhouse. No buffet as I recall, but basically the whole ala cart menu.

Good to know!

:thumbsup2

Thanks for checking in with a live report.

I appreciate the tip about the SW fireworks. I haven't been following the info but I need to get going on my research!

UGH on the bus times board! Have the other times seemed pretty accurate? Kind of defeats the purpose if they are not consistently right.

:headache:

Jumping back in here! We stayed at BCV for the first time this past summer in a split stay with BLT. We loved it so much that we're going back again next year! We are booked at BCV for 6/6-6/12/17 and will likely follow it up with BLT again, though the second part of our stay isn't booked yet.

So glad to have a reason to stalk this thread again. :)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Alright these next 19 days need to fly by, I need me some relaxing time by SAB and possibly one of the Sunken Treasures or 2 , its been a long hot stinky summer here in Chicago , and it just needs to be over with, also an update we are switching from YC to BC CL , had a way to change it to BC and the CL

Got it! I'll make the change.

:woohoo:

Last edited:
Just popping in to say "Thank You" once again to Dee and all the contributors on this great thread. Today's the last day of work and I'll be back in my Happy Place on Sunday. I can't wait for our "No Repeat" ADR tour, the Star Wars Dessert Party, FEA (2 FP+), breakfast at BOG before park opening, and the choc/peanut butter cake from Y&BC Fine Dining on arrival night (surprise for my DH for once again putting up with my Disney obsession)!

I received the following email from Garden Grocer this morning and even though I ordered a few months ago, my delivery to BCV is impacted by their change in delivery times. Not sure if this has already been posted but just in case:

We apologize for the late notice and inconvenience this may cause you. We need to update you on delivery changes to Disney’s Beach Club Villas Resort. Moving forward we will only be delivering to these resorts during the hours of 4:30pm-5:30pm. ALL orders placed before these changes will now be delivered between the hours of 4:30pm-5:30pm. We appreciate your business and please call customer service at 866-855-4350 for any questions or concerns.

I've promised DH to unplug while we are there but will post Studio pics once we return. TTFN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter