Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It's our last full day today, so we're kind of winging it, something we hardly ever do. Hadn't made any fastpasses but knew we needed to go to Epcot for our 3rd visit to get our food & wine AP glasses. Found a Soarin fast pass for 1:30. Thought we'd start in MK, got to bus stop just before 10. After waiting 15 minutes; seeing the bus still 20 minutes away & the crowd for the bus growing, we decided to just go right to Epcot. Great decision! We encountered one of those wonderful, surprise magical moments. The Tennessee State Marching band made it's way thru Epcot & performed near the waters of the world fountain. Probably 300 kids at least. They were wonderful!! Love coming upon these unexpected treasures! image.png

[QUOTE="natebenma, post: 56471924, member: 203544

I would suggest stuffing the envelopes for turndown so you are prepared and if it is not available, there's a few extra bucks for you. Ask at check-in if you go to the desk and/or call housekeeping when you get to the room. I think housekeeping will ultimately be the ones who will be able to tell you if turndown is available to you. And I am still willing to bet dollars to donuts that there isn't a consistent answer. Even if others do or do not get turndown upon request for their trips, your experience could be different. Never hurts to ask, but I honestly do not know what the answer will be.

::yes::

:woohoo:[/QUOTE]

I planned on it. i like to be ready no matter what. I'll ask and if yes, that's great, if no. I can put the light on myself, LOL!!!!

I seriously cannot wait though! I am meeting my friend from the DIS, who I have never met but who I know so well! We have been friends for over ten years. This is a girls trip and kind of self indulgent, but I make no apologies. My DH is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is so happy that I am going.

I would suggest stuffing the envelopes for turndown so you are prepared and if it is not available, there's a few extra bucks for you. Ask at check-in if you go to the desk and/or call housekeeping when you get to the room. I think housekeeping will ultimately be the ones who will be able to tell you if turndown is available to you. And I am still willing to bet dollars to donuts that there isn't a consistent answer. Even if others do or do not get turndown upon request for their trips, your experience could be different. Never hurts to ask, but I honestly do not know what the answer will be.

:woohoo:[/QUOTE]

I planned on it. i like to be ready no matter what. I'll ask and if yes, that's great, if no. I can put the light on myself, LOL!!!!

I seriously cannot wait though! I am meeting my friend from the DIS, who I have never met but who I know so well! We have been friends for over ten years. This is a girls trip and kind of self indulgent, but I make no apologies. My DH is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is so happy that I am going.[/QUOTE]

I totally get that! I have made a number of dear friends here on the DIS, some I have had the pleasure to spend time with, some I have not met yet.

Enjoy your trip!

:dogdance::dogdance:

Is there a way to find out which rooms have king beds? I was looking at touring plans room finder and they only have queens listed. Thanks!

:woohoo:

I seriously cannot wait though! I am meeting my friend from the DIS, who I have never met but who I know so well! We have been friends for over ten years. This is a girls trip and kind of self indulgent, but I make no apologies. My DH is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is so happy that I am going.[/QUOTE]

I totally get that! I have made a number of dear friends here on the DIS, some I have had the pleasure to spend time with, some I have not met yet.

Enjoy your trip!

:dogdance::dogdance:[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Is there a way to find out which rooms have king beds? I was looking at touring plans room finder and they only have queens listed. Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread.

We have not found a way to determine which rooms have king beds or how many there are at the resorts. There is a thread on the Resorts Community Subforum- Beach Club Room Views and Yacht Club Room Views with sample view pictures and some room descriptions as posted by guests in those rooms.

We generally recommend that you state your requests in words, rather than a particular room number so the room assigners know what is important to you:

"Full balcony, please. King bed if possible"

:goodvibes

:welcome: to the thread.

We have not found a way to determine which rooms have king beds or how many there are at the resorts. There is a thread on the Resorts Community Subforum- Beach Club Room Views and Yacht Club Room Views with sample view pictures and some room descriptions as posted by guests in those rooms.

We generally recommend that you state your requests in words, rather than a particular room number so the room assigners know what is important to you:

"Full balcony, please. King bed if possible"

:goodvibes

Thanks for the quick reply and the welcome! Excited to be staying Deluxe (even if it's only for 2 nights).

Thanks for the quick reply and the welcome! Excited to be staying Deluxe (even if it's only for 2 nights).

You are welcome.

When is your trip? Which resort (BC or YC). Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15?

:cool2:

Hello! I'm planning a trip for myself and my 3 sisters - we'll be staying at the BC or YC. Since we'll be four adults, we're having some debate about rooms - can anyone tell me, do any of the suites have more than 1 bathroom? My research says "no", but figured this would be a good place to double check!

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to touch base about our recent stay at the BC. We were originally were going to stay for 10 nights at the BC. Right before the trip, I changed it to 5 nights at the BC and 5 nights at the Poly. We thoroughly enjoyed both resorts. I asked everyone in the family which resort they liked better and out of 5 people, my one daughter said the BC and everyone else said they loved both of them the same. The BC was a fantastic resort. Thanks for the info on the "side entrance" 1501. We used it every time we went to Epcot. The pool at the BC was absolutely awesome (not that you all don't know that already), we especially loved the lazy river, hurray for the deep water, don't like lazy rivers with 4 ft deep of water. The resort had a great feel and was in a fantastic location. I have to mention the one thing that stands out about the beautiful rooms at the BC, OMG the beds were absolutely the BEST. The most comfortable sleep I have had forever. The beds were the most comfortable and the mattresses must of cost thousands. No negatives about the resort, we were very happy and going to the Poly and then doing our MK days when we stayed there was great as well. Happy planning everyone, hoping to be back in 2017:thumbsup2

I would skip Yak and Yeti and spend time at that gorgeous pool. I got food poisoning from Yak and Yeti in June so I'm a little biased. I don't think you will regret spending time at Stormalong Bay. So relaxing and fun.

I don't want to question you, but how do you know you got a foodborne illness from Yak and Yedi? Did you go to the doctor, give a stool or vomitus sample and it was confirmed? Most people when they have vomiting/diarrhea assume it was the last meal they ate, when most of the time it was norovirus that they caught from something totally different than the food. I am just wondering why you think Yak and Yedi got you sick?

Hello! I'm planning a trip for myself and my 3 sisters - we'll be staying at the BC or YC. Since we'll be four adults, we're having some debate about rooms - can anyone tell me, do any of the suites have more than 1 bathroom? My research says "no", but figured this would be a good place to double check!

We were upgraded to the 2 bedroom Captain's Deck suite at the Yacht Club last December. One of the rooms has 2 queen beds & the other has a canopied king bed. There are 2 full & a half bath in the suite. The master bedroom actually has a jetted tub plus a walk in shower & seperate water closet. Many other amenities but it runs over $2k a night! Don't know if an extra bathroom is worth that to you! :goodvibes

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to touch base about our recent stay at the BC. We were originally were going to stay for 10 nights at the BC. Right before the trip, I changed it to 5 nights at the BC and 5 nights at the Poly. We thoroughly enjoyed both resorts. I asked everyone in the family which resort they liked better and out of 5 people, my one daughter said the BC and everyone else said they loved both of them the same. The BC was a fantastic resort. Thanks for the info on the "side entrance" 1501. We used it every time we went to Epcot. The pool at the BC was absolutely awesome (not that you all don't know that already), we especially loved the lazy river, hurray for the deep water, don't like lazy rivers with 4 ft deep of water. The resort had a great feel and was in a fantastic location. I have to mention the one thing that stands out about the beautiful rooms at the BC, OMG the beds were absolutely the BEST. The most comfortable sleep I have had forever. The beds were the most comfortable and the mattresses must of cost thousands. No negatives about the resort, we were very happy and going to the Poly and then doing our MK days when we stayed there was great as well. Happy planning everyone, hoping to be back in 2017:thumbsup2
I completely agree about the BC beds and totally forgot to mention that in my post when I got back. They were super comfortable. I thought they'd maybe be the same as what we're used to at the moderates, but no way! What a difference. I slept so good, except for the first night when I heard all of the noise at 3:30am from the people next door who were packing up and leaving. Usually I miss my own bed on vacation.. not this time.

We were upgraded to the 2 bedroom Captain's Deck suite at the Yacht Club last December. One of the rooms has 2 queen beds & the other has a canopied king bed. There are 2 full & a half bath in the suite. The master bedroom actually has a jetted tub plus a walk in shower & seperate water closet. Many other amenities but it runs over $2k a night! Don't know if an extra bathroom is worth that to you! :goodvibes

WOW! I would never leave! LOL!

This was mentioned a few pages back, but you can actually purchase the brand of mattress at the Beach Club. Here is the info (from Post 14 on Page 1). I just clicked on the order form and a Queen Bed and Foundation (box spring?) is $1449, which included delivery and in-home set up plus disposal of old mattress. State sales tax must be added however:

Many people have commented on the comfort of the mattresses at the resort and the daybed/sleepers.

The BC mattresses in renovated rooms are Beautyrest brand by Simmons Hospitality. Label

Order Form from Simmons Guest Purchase Program
Thank you WDW4us2006 and Wood Nymph for "uncovering" the mattress info!

:cat:

:welcome:

When is your proposed trip?

Another option may be to get two rooms. On one hand, you won't all be together at night (although you could request a connecting door). On the other hand- two bathrooms and you would all have your own bed. Also note that you will be charged $25 per night, I think for both the 3rd and 4th adult in the room if you are sharing a single room, so that could be a couple-hundred dollar hit. You won't have to pay that if you have 2 rooms.

Should be less expensive than getting a suite, and hopefully you will find a decent discount.

:thumbsup2

Just popping in to say "Thank You" once again to Dee and all the contributors on this great thread. Today's the last day of work and I'll be back in my Happy Place on Sunday. I can't wait for our "No Repeat" ADR tour, the Star Wars Dessert Party, FEA (2 FP+), breakfast at BOG before park opening, and the choc/peanut butter cake from Y&BC Fine Dining on arrival night (surprise for my DH for once again putting up with my Disney obsession)!

I received the following email from Garden Grocer this morning and even though I ordered a few months ago, my delivery to BCV is impacted by their change in delivery times. Not sure if this has already been posted but just in case:

We apologize for the late notice and inconvenience this may cause you. We need to update you on delivery changes to Disney’s Beach Club Villas Resort. Moving forward we will only be delivering to these resorts during the hours of 4:30pm-5:30pm. ALL orders placed before these changes will now be delivered between the hours of 4:30pm-5:30pm. We appreciate your business and please call customer service at 866-855-4350 for any questions or concerns.

I've promised DH to unplug while we are there but will post Studio pics once we return. TTFN!

Interesting about the change in delivery time to the resort. We just placed our second Amazon Pantry order (delivery to AKL as we are there first). That worked out well the first time we did it and we just bought the few cold items and the ones they didn't carry once we arrived.

Good luck on the cake delivery. The Haunted Mansion cake I ordered as a surprise for DH for our anniversary will be delivered to our room the day we arrive at BCV.

Two rooms seems like the best bet. Suites are mega expensive, and I'm not sure what the bathroom count is. But I'm fairly sure you could get three rooms for the price of a suite!! Also, BC Villa 2-bedroom has two bathrooms. The 2-bedroom villas are popular, which makes them hard to reserve. But sounds like a good option if you want to stay together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter