• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

A bit of a random/niche question, but can anyone staying now report on status of "the smell" (or lack thereof) in the hallways around Cape May during dinner service? Referring to the strong fishy smell that used the permeate the area. Trying to decide if I try a reservation there but previously that smell was an immediate no-go for me. Thanks.

A bit of a random/niche question, but can anyone staying now report on status of "the smell" (or lack thereof) in the hallways around Cape May during dinner service? Referring to the strong fishy smell that used the permeate the area. Trying to decide if I try a reservation there but previously that smell was an immediate no-go for me. Thanks.
We deliberately walk outside to avoid walking by the restaurant...that smell is nauseating to us too.

Can someone remind me if there is anyone to order burger, fries, nuggets at HH? I think a few pages back someone mentioned that you can ask the CM talk great drink orders around the pool area? Is this still true? Any recent experience? TIA

Can someone remind me if there is anyone to order burger, fries, nuggets at HH? I think a few pages back someone mentioned that you can ask the CM talk great drink orders around the pool area? Is this still true? Any recent experience? TIA
When we were at Storm Along Bay the first week of May we ordered burgers and fries from the CM who serves the pool area. He said that they used the Cape May kitchen to prepare the food. Things are changing very fast at the resort, especially now that Cape May has reopened and the BC resort will be opening in a few days. So who knows what the status will be next week or next month. ;)

When we were at Storm Along Bay the first week of May we ordered burgers and fries from the CM who serves the pool area. He said that they used the Cape May kitchen to prepare the food. Things are changing very fast at the resort, especially now that Cape May has reopened and the BC resort will be opening in a few days. So who knows what the status will be next week or next month. ;)

Thank you!

You still ask the cast members at the pool to order the food, and the bartenders. There is no one at the restaurant other than the cook.

The whole operation was moved back to HH but with the same ordering process.

It has only been a few nights but I haven't noticed the smell. I know exactly what you are referring to but it hasn't been there.

Probably because they aren't making all those crab legs now? Or it might take a while to build up?

Is the Yacht Club (or any Disney resort) arcade open yet? Or should we still plan on walking over to the Swan/Dolphin for theirs? (8 year old grandson with an addiction!)

Page 1837-1839

I have some information about the boat to Hollywood Studio.

They are currently running four boats to DHS, starting at 8am for a 9am park opening. (We saw all four at once). One boat sits at Boardwalk, one at Yacht Club and one at Swan/Dolphin. The fourth boat comes in from the Epcot side of the lake and goes to the BW after the first boat leaves, then YC, then S/D, then DHS.

We crossed the bridge between the Yacht Club and S/D at 8:08am and the fourth boat was heading to the Yacht Club. The first three boats unloaded at DHS very quickly. The fourth boat got to the DHS boat dock just about the same time as we got to the temperature check point, around 8:26am.

Excellent observation. Thank you!

:goodvibes:

Menu posted

Thank you! I have added a link to these on the Dining Post (Page 1, Post 7)

:thumbsup2

How has the pool been lately with waits to get in? Are there long lines/waiting lists? Also, does the whole pool have the sand at the bottom or just a certain area of it?

:welcome:

When is your trip?

:cool2:

Page1840-1841

Just booked a last minute trip for next week at YC after seeing DHS open up with park reservations. Only resorts available were GF, Bay Lake, and YC and only standard view at YC. I guess we are going to be doing a lot of mobile order since I don't see very many dining reservations available at all!!

I missed welcoming you back and wishing you a great time. I hope there were some glimmers of sunshine during your trip.

Thank you, this is very helpful information, taking 15 of my extended Family to Yacht Club next week. Three generations of us and I’m really worried about my older parents and the young children wearing masks in the heat and not being able to hydrate enough. Well, I’m really worried about A LOT of things regarding this trip, I’m getting a bit bonkers about it.

Anyway, if you have any tips about masks in the heat, pls share. We are planning on taking mid-day pool breaks and have enough two layer, cotton masks for 5 each per day but starting to worry that this is going to be a problem.

I hope that you have a wonderful trip and TY!!

Hope your trip is (was) fantastic! Let us know how it all worked out for everyone when you have a chance.

::yes::

Took a year off from here, so I’m catching up.

Have two questions:

1) Touring Plans used to fax my room request. I did not renew my subscription. What is the best way to add a room request on my own?

2) Are the toasters/microwaves available to guests at the Market at the Ale & Compass? I know they were not available for guests to use last summer.

Thanks for your help! Summer can’t come soon enough!!!⛱

:welcome: back!

When is your trip?

:cool1:

I'm so excited to read about boo to you night time event. We are going in August so hoping it's one of our nights. We are Sunday- Friday. Any guesses on what night it is?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August. Which resort?

:dogdance:

Is there a way to find out which 1 bedroom dvc rooms have the larger sofa bed? I checked touring plans but it doesn’t say. I’m really hoping to be on the first floor...

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

You can add a room request through the My Disney Experience app "Chat With Us" feature. I did this and it was much quicker than waiting on hold to speak to someone. :)

That is great info. I didn't know that.

:thanks:

Here now. No refill station. Just show your mug and they'll give you a cup of what you want. They are not touching the mugs.

P.S. Congrats on being a resorts mod now. When did that happen? I guess I've been out of the loop!

Hope your trip is (was) wonderful!

:woohoo:

So I really want to book a trip in October ... does anyone know (what are your thoughts) on more rooms being released for that timeframe? There is nothing goof available to book.

The only advice we can offer is to keep looking, but as others have said, October is always popular in the fall at Yacht & Beach because of the Food & Wine Festival and Halloween Parties, and this year it will be even busier in October due to the 50th Anniversary at Magic Kingdom.

Please let us know if you do find a reservation here!

:magnify:

Page1840-1841

I missed welcoming you back and wishing you a great time. I hope there were some glimmers of sunshine during your trip.

Hope your trip is (was) fantastic! Let us know how it all worked out for everyone when you have a chance.

::yes::

When is your trip?

:cool1:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for August. Which resort?

:dogdance:

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

That is great info. I didn't know that.

Hope your trip is (was) wonderful!

:woohoo:

The only advice we can offer is to keep looking, but as others have said, October is always popular in the fall at Yacht & Beach because of the Food & Wine Festival and Halloween Parties, and this year it will be even busier in October due to the 50th Anniversary at Magic Kingdom.

Please let us know if you do find a reservation here!

:magnify:
Yacht Club. August 22-27th. Thank you.

Anyone have an update on SAB? Are there still lines to get in? Just wondering...........
Hoping this helps alleviate anxiety about SAB because I was very concerned about being able to get in. We just returned from YC today - 15 of us total across a turret suite and three other rooms. We did not see any lines or waiting for SAB the whole week we were there. Yes, they provide towels. We had 2 cabanas for 3 days because I panicked about lines for SAB. The cabanas are fine, best part of the cabanas are the CMs, who made it better. Hurricane Hannas does serve grill food if you order through a server but I would say the food is mediocre at best, got it the first day but no-go after that. Chairs at SAB are no longer socially distanced, we weren’t thrilled with that for my elderly parents but it is what it is. No way Jose is on the B&C menu still. I‘lol probably get flamed for this but we thought B&C was totally over rated. Meh, more like diner food. Trying to answer people’s questions to be helpful.

Just booked 8/15-19.…so excited to be back. It’s been 4 long years & a few cancelled trips due to COVID. I was surprised by the cut backs to mousekeeping. Do you think by Aug daily room cleaning will be back? We have 5 in the room including 3 teenage boys so we will definitely need fresh towels & toiletries daily. I know I can call for them but would love to not have to. I love coming back from the parks to a cleaned room. Since we only have a 4 night trip will we only get mousekeeping once? I think I read it’s every other day…is that right? I know this is minor & will not impact our trip. I just want to be prepared. Thanks!

Just booked 8/15-19.…so excited to be back. It’s been 4 long years & a few cancelled trips due to COVID. I was surprised by the cut backs to mousekeeping. Do you think by Aug daily room cleaning will be back? We have 5 in the room including 3 teenage boys so we will definitely need fresh towels & toiletries daily. I know I can call for them but would love to not have to. I love coming back from the parks to a cleaned room. Since we only have a 4 night trip will we only get mousekeeping once? I think I read it’s every other day…is that right? I know this is minor & will not impact our trip. I just want to be prepared. Thanks!
Mousekeeping was in our Suite every other day. They emptied trash, replaced towels and toiletries and wiped down counters and sinks. I did ask for clean bedding and they brought it but were prohibited from changing it - so they said. Also replaced coffee and cups. Hope that helps

Page 1842-1843

did anyone else see that Beach Club appears to have opened up reservations starting May 30th?

I see you have a BC/Poly split starting in May.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Have a fantastic trip!

We went to SAB about 1:30 yesterday. Line was long but only took about 10 minutes. Really only the time it took them to take each party to their chairs. The cast member said typically there is only a wait on weekend afternoons.

No time limit. If you already had a wristband you could go right in and skip the line.

We really appreciate this helpful info!

Just spent two weeks at the yacht club
Ale and compass breakfast and dinner was delicious.
We def prefer the yacht club side over the beach club.
i really loved the organization of the closet. Full balconies, plus it seems closer to the pool the. When we stayed at the beach club
Can not comment on the buses because we took our car everywhere and scheduled Mears dropped off for mk

the thing that bothered me the most was the lack of housekeeping. I understand about covid but at this point there really is no reason why they can’t be cleaning the room
Every day. It was kinda gross to walk down the hallway to everyone’s trash and towels on the floor every day. Guests were leaving their trash in hallway I guess because it builds up. Get extra bags from the gift shop for your trash it came in handy for us since the trash cans so small at yacht

it also kinda stinks after a long day to come back to anunmade bed. It was odd sometimes our bed was made on housekeeping days and other times it wasn’t: I made my bed on the days housekeeping didn’t come and who wants to do that onvacation LOL

our fave meals of the trip were topolino dinner, shulas, boat house and Sanangel the worst was be our guest

Thank you for sharing the review of your stay.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter