Distances within OKW

csarenz

Dad to 3 Disney Princesses
Hi everyone,
I know there are a lot of OKW experts around here, so I wanted to check in. We are looking at OKW for our next trip. We wouldn't have a car, and while walking to places isn't a problem (heck, you're at WDW, it would be strange to not have to walk a lot), I wanted to see if anyone could let me know about how long of a walk each of the areas (Miller's Road, South Point, Turtle Road) are from the HH. I know it will vary based on which building and the pace you walk, so I am just looking for a general time.

Thank you all in advance.
Chris

HH to Millers Road is between 1 and 8 minutes depending on the building. Millers Road begins right across the road from HH and includes bldgs 62-64 and 15 - 22. The bus stop is about 4 minutes walk from HH.

HH to Peninsular Road is between 2 and 5 minutes. It begins right across the bridge from HH and includes bldgs 23-26 (HH category) and 27-29. The bus stop is about a 3 minute walk from HH.

HH to Old Turtle Pond Road is between 7 and 13 minutes. It includes bldgs 30 - 44. The bus stop is about a 10 minute walk to HH.

HH to South Point is between 7 and 18 minutes. It includes bldgs 45 - 56. The bus stop is about a 13 minute walk to HH. Behind bldg 55 the pathway to SSR/DD begins. It is 0.93 miles to Cirque from that point and would take about 15 minutes unless you stop to smell the roses along the way! ;) Walking to SSR will take about 12 minutes and you will pass the THV along the way (about 10 minutes away). There used to be exercise stations about every 50 yards along the path for those interested, but those were removed a number of years ago.

Enjoy your stay. :)

I was going to reply but Doc's comprehensive response doesn't require much more. The bottom line is that yes, OKW is large and spread out but none of the walks are so long that it takes something away from the resort.

Also remember that there is an internal bus loop that travels throughout the resort and can get you to HH if you just can't walk anymore!

Just to add to what Doc posted, the farthest bldg from HH, Bldg 50, is just under 2/3 of a mile from the Hospitality area, or the equivalent of 1/2 way around the World Showcase Promenade at EPCOT.

Thank you all so much for the quick and detailed info. That is exactly what I was looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter