DL races are back! Where to stay?

You’ll be totally fine at Castle Inn unless you can’t stand the smell of garlic walking past Pizza Press! 🙊😆
Excellent! Sounds like I don't need to worry about pre-race dinner. :)

@pluto377 I'm in the exact same boat as you and booked the Castle Inn. Free parking, shorter walk on Harbour and $222/night including all taxes and fees. Unless prices come down for some of the other locations, this seems to work for my needs.

BTW, Candy Cane has been completely booked at least since race registration and the inventory has definitely been released (there's availability before and after.)

I usually stay at the Majestic Garden off Ball and they have a free shuttle that runs back and forth to DL. I went ahead and booked there for race weekend. The issue is the shuttle will not be running early on Sunday morning (and streets most likely closed). It's about a 20 minute walk and past visits I have walked the path over I-5 and walked oto DL. I did not want to have to do that so early in the morning while it's dark....looks like I can walk up to Disneyland Drive and go thru Downtown Disney to get there. Would like to hear if anyone else is staying in that area or any suggestions.

I am trying to understand booking Disneyland for my family of 6...
I have a reservation through Embassy Suites for half marathon weekend, but would like a Hilton that is closer. When I check the Home2 they are saying they don't take reservations until 6 months before, but if booking a package it appears like I can book them through Disneyland earlier than that.

When does Disneyland open their 2024 booking window for Good Neighbor hotels? I want to lock something down but am getting totally confused and frustrated.

As a person who likes to Disney on a budget, this is my two cents. When they announced the dates for the DL Races, waited until it was a year out from the date and immediately booked my favorite cheap and walkable hotel: The Days Inn on Ball Rd. It was only around $400 total for 3 nights and it was refundable in case I didn't get into the race. But thankfully I did. It's not the nicest, but I am not there for the hotel experience, I will be there for the races and the parks. I just checked and they still have rooms for that price on hotels dot com. So if you are looking for a place to stay that is decent and affordable and walkable, that's it. I've stayed there multiple times in the past and have had no issues.
I am staying at the Majestic Garden off Ball, close to Days Inn. In the past I have walked over I-5 and down S. Harbor to DL entrance. They also have a free shuttle running all day, but it won't be running super early for race mornings. Do you walk down Disneyland Drive and enter through Downtown Disney to the race start?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter