DLH Christmas and 21st birthday trip 2014!

Christieand

Mouseketeer
Finally booked this morning for our 15-19th December trip staying in the DLH!!!!
Still in disbelief that we are staying here as I really thought it would always be too expensive.
However, with the 2 nights two days free offer and the use of annual passes we are taking the opportunity now in case we never get one again.
Also booked the Royal Scott Travelodge for the night before for a grand total of £36. It might not be the most glamorous location in the world but I've stayed there twice before and it has always been more than adequate for the cost, and is very conveniently located for the train station.
Now just to sort trains to London, Eurostar, and travel insurance...I think there will be more than enough time for extensive planning since it's still 9 months to go!

Some things we want to do on this trip:
Tour of Disneyland park and maybe the Studios
Eat at Agrabah cafe (hopefully it will be open)
BTM in the dark
It's a small world Christmas edition!
Enjoy the DLH as much as possible!

Congratulations on your booking! Christmas times in DLH! It will be wonderful and magical!

Wow dlh at Christmas....magical. Sadly I've never stayed always been a little outside of my budget!!
I love dlp at Christmas and desperate to go again. Hopefully 2015.

Wow dlh at Christmas....magical. Sadly I've never stayed always been a little outside of my budget!!
I love dlp at Christmas and desperate to go again. Hopefully 2015.

Hopefully one day the perfect deal for you will come up! The wait will only make it more special! :wizard:

Congratulations on your booking......it will be magical! I too am going for my first Christmas season in 2014 and staying at the pink palace too!!!!! We go in November the same deal ad you! Priced up the trip on the new offer 30% off and free dining and it'd 1300 Euro more expensive!!!!! No way would my food bill come to that!!!! Glad I did the 2 nights free!

Congratulations on your booking......it will be magical! I too am going for my first Christmas season in 2014 and staying at the pink palace too!!!!! We go in November the same deal ad you! Priced up the trip on the new offer 30% off and free dining and it'd 1300 Euro more expensive!!!!! No way would my food bill come to that!!!! Glad I did the 2 nights free!

It is a wonderful offer! Food at DLP is expensive but not that expensive :rotfl:
We can't wait :hyper:

Hello again!

I didn't really think I had anything to update but then I remembered that our best friend is now coming with us! She came on our 2012 trip too...

(I'm on the left!)

We've only booked the DLH for one person. We're going to order annual passes (Francilien) around late September/early October, probably in mine and Charlotte's names as we are more likely to go again within a year, but we're not sure yet.

I booked the Travelodge for three people anyway because at that time we didn't know if she could come, but it was the same price as a twin room which worked out well.

Our Eurostar tickets STILL haven't been released...we are getting impatient! Hopefully we can get our hands on them soon enough.

Train tickets to London should hopefully be available at a cheap-ish rate 3 months before we go.

Even though there's in excess of 8 months to go, people are starting to ask us about plans/present ideas for our birthday! Charlotte and I have asked our parents if they would consider paying for the tour of the Disneyland Parc for us, and if other people perhaps give us euros we'll hopefully be able to do a nice meal or two.

We all have those tin money banks that you have to open with a can opener when full - Charlotte did hers the other day to count £150! Straight in the Disney fund that went! We only did one 'proper' meal last time - at Rainforest cafe.

We still talk about Beth's ability to eat the majority of this gigantic pudding!
There's lots of places we'd like to try on this trip but because the park is likely to close early(ish), I think Chuck Wagon Cafe is almost a definite - I think I've read that it's supposed to be really nice?
We also really want to try Agrabah so hopefully it's open, and of course get some chicken strips from Hakuna Matata again!

We're thinking of going to BBWWS but aren't 100% on that yet.

It would be nice to keep up the tradition of Peter Pan being our first ride of the day - we hope to get up for EMH then return to the hotel for a breakfast that will keep us going until dinner time in the evening. Beth also needs to experience Casey Jr and the Storybook boats for the first time. Hopefully BTM, Pirates and Peter Pan will not be under refurbishment when we go!

Think that's all for now!

Christmas at the DLH will be fantastic! I'd love that! Good thinking to get the APs, it seems to work out well for people staying in DLH.

Fab plans :) And a fantastic time to visit. The tour is brilliant and well worth doing - comfy shoes are a must but it goes into amazing detail. Looking forward to reading all about your plans. Bargain for your night before stay too :thumbsup2

Great plans! We had that dessert at the Rainforest Cafe too - and I was tasked with eating most of it!! lol We're still waiting to try Hakkuna Matata - was closed last time!! But we did do BBWWS and it was great!

With your plans of EMH, and a late breakfast, you MAY also be able to save some money on some days by not having lunch and having an earlier big dinner? We did that when we've had a DLH or HNY breakfast - and then there s a good excuse for an afternoon cake! If you get to King Ludwigs between 5 and 7 you catch happy hour (bar only, so you have to walk from the restaurant to the bar to order and pay for your drinks separately - not a big issue!) but the restaurant in there was REALLY quiet, and the food was great!

C x

Christmas at the DLH will be fantastic! I'd love that! Good thinking to get the APs, it seems to work out well for people staying in DLH.

It did help to keep the costs down - and will mean a possible trip next year!

Fab plans :) And a fantastic time to visit. The tour is brilliant and well worth doing - comfy shoes are a must but it goes into amazing detail. Looking forward to reading all about your plans. Bargain for your night before stay too :thumbsup2

We wanted to the tour on our last trip but decided against it so definitely doing it this time! Have you done the Studios one too?

Great plans! We had that dessert at the Rainforest Cafe too - and I was tasked with eating most of it!! lol We're still waiting to try Hakkuna Matata - was closed last time!! But we did do BBWWS and it was great!

With your plans of EMH, and a late breakfast, you MAY also be able to save some money on some days by not having lunch and having an earlier big dinner? We did that when we've had a DLH or HNY breakfast - and then there s a good excuse for an afternoon cake! If you get to King Ludwigs between 5 and 7 you catch happy hour (bar only, so you have to walk from the restaurant to the bar to order and pay for your drinks separately - not a big issue!) but the restaurant in there was REALLY quiet, and the food was great!

C x

Good to know that you enjoyed BBWWS. That's definitely what we plan to do with meals, and will mean we have more room to fit in a good 2 (maybe 3) courses! I've never even considered King Ludwig's before. What's the atmosphere like?

Rang Eurostar today...the said no tickets until late July/early August!! Quite different from what we have been told for about the last 6 weeks - that they will be available soon! Oh well, and so we wait...

Good to know that you enjoyed BBWWS. That's definitely what we plan to do with meals, and will mean we have more room to fit in a good 2 (maybe 3) courses! I've never even considered King Ludwig's before. What's the atmosphere like?

Quiet, but we liked it! It really looks like a great hall of a castle! Worth a try I'd say - nice to have a different menu!

C x

Reading along :)
Like I've said before not jealous of a Xmas trip to the DLH
MUCH !!!
I would keep ringing Eurostar if I where you once a week at least they told me our October trip wouldn't be out till the beginning of this year.
They came out int the dec I missed the cheap seats so now going indirect via Lille not bothered as we can get there earlier more park hours.
We have the direct coming home.
ALso staying in the royal Scott will tell you all about it.
Xx

Quiet, but we liked it! It really looks like a great hall of a castle! Worth a try I'd say - nice to have a different menu!

C x

I like the idea of it being like a castle!

Reading along :)
Like I've said before not jealous of a Xmas trip to the DLH
MUCH !!!
I would keep ringing Eurostar if I where you once a week at least they told me our October trip wouldn't be out till the beginning of this year.
They came out int the dec I missed the cheap seats so now going indirect via Lille not bothered as we can get there earlier more park hours.
We have the direct coming home.
ALso staying in the royal Scott will tell you all about it.
Xx

Yes I think we are going to do that, especially because answers about the date of release has been so variable. Fingers crossed! It's a shame that you missed out on the cheap directs - but at least there's a silver lining!

Have you stayed there before? If not then don't read the TA reviews! It's really not that bad (in my experience), especially considering the price.

I like the idea of it being like a castle!

Yes I think we are going to do that, especially because answers about the date of release has been so variable. Fingers crossed! It's a shame that you missed out on the cheap directs - but at least there's a silver lining!

Have you stayed there before? If not then don't read the TA reviews! It's really not that bad (in my experience), especially considering the price.

When I rang they where £96.50 one way (27 oct) more then I was going to pay but it is half term so travel agents will have a lot taken up I suppose before we can book.
We are going feb half term to so will prob do indirect then as well I'm not paying more than we need to.

We haven't we always stay at the central one but the price dif was to much for oct so up the street to the left was fine for us.
It's only one night not like we will sleep we are going to disney right :love:

For feb we have central booked night before Eurostar and royal Scott on the way home we need two rooms on both trips so needed to keep it as cheap as we can.

We love bbwws please go you will love it I'm sure xx

SO SO SO jealous of your Christmas DLH trip...we were so close to booking but DH can't book time off until the week before; too much of a risk! :furious:

We ate in King Ludwigs on our first trip when Rosebug was 4 months. It was really nice and the atmosphere was great, lovely surroundings. Of course this was 5 years ago so no idea what it is like now.

When I rang they where £96.50 one way (27 oct) more then I was going to pay but it is half term so travel agents will have a lot taken up I suppose before we can book.
We are going feb half term to so will prob do indirect then as well I'm not paying more than we need to.

We haven't we always stay at the central one but the price dif was to much for oct so up the street to the left was fine for us.
It's only one night not like we will sleep we are going to disney right :love:

For feb we have central booked night before Eurostar and royal Scott on the way home we need two rooms on both trips so needed to keep it as cheap as we can.

We love bbwws please go you will love it I'm sure xx

Exactly, that's what we thought about Royal Scott - it's just a room isn't it.
It does seem a bit silly that I have been 4 times now and haven't seen BBWWS yet! Good to know that you really enjoy it.

SO SO SO jealous of your Christmas DLH trip...we were so close to booking but DH can't book time off until the week before; too much of a risk! :furious:

We ate in King Ludwigs on our first trip when Rosebug was 4 months. It was really nice and the atmosphere was great, lovely surroundings. Of course this was 5 years ago so no idea what it is like now.

Oh no, how annoying :sad2: definitely not worth the risk though.

It looks really nice, but there are so many places I want to try. I think I need a 2 week trip to eat in them all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter