DLP or bust! w/ Lots of Pics!

Awesome trip report and pictures. I'm sorry to hear about your travel problems at the start of the trip, glad you got there okay. We are planning on going in June of 2015 so your pictures are exciting to see and it sounds like you tour the parks how we do. Did you have any problems booking through the UK site, just wondering because I think we will as well. I have heard that sometimes problems occur when putting in an address. Where were your favorite places to eat?

Thanks arjwdwgirl. Yes, we're park commandos and we definitely conquered both parks! :rotfl:

As to the start of our trip, it definitely wasn't fun. BTW, we recently received the icing on the cake regarding the delay - our trip insurance did not cover the day we lost in DLP because we prepaid!!! So beware if you purchase Allianz travel insurance, which is partnered with Delta, before making the trip.

Regarding conditions in June, I can't really speak to what the parks are like. When we were there in July, it was mid-high 90s every day. But, unlike when it hits 90s in my neck of the woods (re: central Massachusetts), it wasn't humid and, even though it was hot, it was tolerable. And the crowds, while heavy earlier in the day, melted away by 6pm for the most part and lines virtually disappeared for everything. Maybe someone here can help with specifics (re: weather, crowds, etc) for June.

As for booking through the UK site, it was easy and problem free. When booking, I entered my actual mailing address with one exception - I had to enter a UK zip code. This tricks the system into allowing you to utilize the site. While I too was worried about it initially, the advice that others gave here was true - all correspondence comes via email, not snail mail. So, all the documentation comes within minutes of booking your trip directly to your inbox, thus rendering your actual physical location moot. FYI: you need to bring the conformation email with you because the hotel uses it for verification at check in. Oh, and before booking, be sure to shop around on the other European sites. Shockingly, each has a different offer and you may be able to find one that is better than what is available on the UK site.

As for the restaurants, we ate at Cafe Mickey's, Agrabah Cafe, Walt's, and the Blue Lagoon. If I were to rank them: #1 = Walt's, #2 = Cafe Mickey's, #3 = Blue Lagoon, and Agrabah's would be 110th. While it may have been an off day, we found the food in Agrabah's to be bland, stale and cold. All of our other meals were cooked to perfection!

We also had the half-board meal plan free. I wouldn't recommend that you buy it, but it is definitely "okay" if provided to you as part of an offer. The biggest reason is that the meal plan limits your choices to select meals as opposed to the full menu. While the offerings at each meal with the plan were good, we missed out on a few dishes that we would have liked to try. If, however, you book more buffets, you wouldn't have the same limitations. The same is true with the snack. Only a few locations offer the mid-day snack, and the choices aren't nearly as good as what you could get if you pay out of pocket. While it didn't always stop us, one can only have so many snacks in a day!:thumbsup2

Feel free ask if you have any other questions. BTW, the regular posters on this section of DIS are fantastic - both super nice and helpful. There wasn't a single question of mine that went unanswered.

Good luck planning what I hope is a magical vacation!:wizard:

Thanks for the responses. We are really looking forward to trying a new Disney park and experiencing Europe it will be our first time in both places.

Awesome TR and photos! I have to say I am downright shocked about your bad experience at Agrabah. We have been there twice and LOVED it both times. It's hands down our favorite DLP restaurant. We found the food and atmosphere to be amazing. I'm really sorry about your meal though. That's really sad. I hope it hasn't gotten worse as we were hoping to go there next trip! :(

Awesome TR and photos! I have to say I am downright shocked about your bad experience at Agrabah. We have been there twice and LOVED it both times. It's hands down our favorite DLP restaurant. We found the food and atmosphere to be amazing. I'm really sorry about your meal though. That's really sad. I hope it hasn't gotten worse as we were hoping to go there next trip! :(

We really wanted to love it. As you said, the atmosphere is incredible. Moving from room to room really feels like you are traveling through a bizarre. My guess is we simply had bad timing. We went early - right when it opened. There was literally no one else in the restaurant besides my family and the staff for most of the meal. And it was a weekday. Seeing as there were few if any reservations that evening, they probably put in minimal effort (or even reheated leftovers) rather than engaging in full preparation to reduce waste. I could definitely see the potential. Unfortunately, for us, they fell short on delivery. :confused3

Catching up with the TR;s - love all your photos :lovestruc So glad you enjoyed your first visit to DLP:thumbsup2 Hope you make it back again one day :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter