DLR29 Applied to College !!!UPDATE!!! DLR29 is moving in! 8/18

DLR29

We create happiness
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I officially hit the submit button for the first time tonight and I thought I'd share my excitement with my DISboard buddies. It's been a pretty stress free process because (unlike a bunch of my friends), I'm not applying to like 10 places.

:woohoo::woohoo:

Congrats on this first step! My own boys will be doing this also in a few years. :scared1: Good luck! :)

That's great! You're on your way! :thumbsup2

I had to laugh though when i read that you "hit the submit button" because I didn't even think about the fact that you apply online now. I was thinking about the "old days" (ugg....and it wasn't even that long ago....now i'm feeling old) where you submit a paper application through the mail so it caught me off-guard to hear that you clicked a button. :rotfl:

Good luck!

That's great! You're on your way! :thumbsup2

I had to laugh though when i read that you "hit the submit button" because I didn't even think about the fact that you apply online now. I was thinking about the "old days" (ugg....and it wasn't even that long ago....now i'm feeling old) where you submit a paper application through the mail so it caught me off-guard to hear that you clicked a button. :rotfl:

Good luck!

I was just going to say the same thing. They do that online now? Yes, times have changed and now I feel really old.......

Good luck!

Woooo Hoooooooooooo!!! Where are you applying? What will be your major?

Congratulations on submitting your application. I didn't apply to several schools either; only two when I was an undergrad and just one when I was a graduate student. I hope you enjoy college, it's such a fun time. :)

Woooo Hoooooooooooo!!! Where are you applying? What will be your major?

I'm applying to:
-USC
-UCLA
-UC Berkely (cal)
-UC Irvine (safety, but hey, it's right next to DLR!)

Yeah...I'm pretty much a CA guy. I don't think I could handle the weather anywhere else! :lmao: I want a big school, and I felt Stanford was too close to home.

At this point, I'm thinking of majoring in business (USC has a great business program), but I'm keeping my options open.

:banana:

DBF's whole family (except DBF himself) went to Cal, big BEAR fans in his house. :) DBF went to UC Davis. Good luck!! Let us know where you get in.

Contrats! Keep us posted when those acceptance letters start rolling in.

:thumbsup2 Good for you 29! I'm sure you'll do great wherever you end up going, because you're one smart cookie! :teacher:

As a former high school teacher who helped a lot of students apply to schools and then was lucky enough to get visits once they were in school, I would like to make a suggestion....

apply to one unlikey school, something really unexpected and outside your comfort zone and make sure you schedule a visit.

I had several students who followed this advice and then actually attended the "unexpected" school.

So, take a shot at University of Hawaii, or New Mexico State University, or University of Central Florida. Each of these schools has warm weather and each has some amazing extras such as amazing beaches, or stunning mountains/hiking, or Disney World.

Knowing what you want to do is great, but allowing yourself the opportunity to dream, wonder, consider, and play the what if game is one of the great perks of being your age.

Most of rest of us are old and have mortgages, we can't just follow a dream or bliss as easily as you can.

:hug:

Whatever you decide, I am sure you will be very happy.

I second the idea of visiting before committing to a school. I got into 10 schools as an undergrad and visited only 3 (one was for a scholarship competition). The school I ended up going to I didn't visit (it was my parents choice because they were paying, and they agreed prior to me starting school that if I stuck out a year I could transfer to wherever I wanted) and I hated it there. Enjoy college, though! You'll be in grad school (or "professional school" like me) soon enough, especially if you end up majoring in business (be sure to apply to the Disney MBA/Legal internship program if you end up in an MBA program).

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I got into USC!!

:cloud9:

This is all very exciting! It came in a fatty package in the mail and it said something like "USC would like to offer DLR29 admission at the USC Marshall School of Business blah blah..."
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::dance3::dance3::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Happy dance!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I got into USC!!

:cloud9:

This is all very exciting! It came in a fatty package in the mail and it said something like "USC would like to offer DLR29 admission at the USC Marshall School of Business blah blah..."
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::dance3::dance3::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Happy dance!!!

:cheer2::cheer2:Congratulations!!:cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter