Do Not Disturb Gone! (BLT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Most days it won't be a problem as we will be up and gone but a few days we want to sleep in...
Staying at the gfv now and had someone just walk in to do the trash pickup. I had the sign on the door, but I do put earplugs in and a box fan on for noise so I must not heard him knock. He woke me up and I just stared at him, he said sorry and continued to get the trash out for another couple minutes. Couldnt believe it. Someone is clearly sleeping and they still go through with it. Was sleeping so nice too.

Staying at the gfv now and had someone just walk in to do the trash pickup. I had the sign on the door, but I do put earplugs in and a box fan on for noise so I must not heard him knock. He woke me up and I just stared at him, he said sorry and continued to get the trash out for another couple minutes. Couldnt believe it. Someone is clearly sleeping and they still go through with it. Was sleeping so nice too.
That is absolutely ridiculous.

Just FYI; I posted in other thread;

At Riverside just a few days ago, we returned to our room around 2:00 and room service had not yet serviced our room. We put the "Occupied" sign out and rested for awhile. Around 3:45 or so, we received a call which informed us we needed a room check since housekeeping did not come in. They asked when, and I said we'd be out of the room at 4:30, they said "perfect" and that was that. Just an updated experience with the security check.

We got home Tuesday from a 7-night stay at the Poly in two non-DVC rooms. Since this was our first and likely only time staying at the Poly, we planned a more leisurely pace, with plenty of downtime at the resort in the afternoons. Before leaving the room each morning (usually between 7:30 and 9:00 am), I called housekeeping to let them know that I was on my way out and to request a room clean by 1:00 pm. This was my plan even before learning about these security checks. I returned to the resort between 12:30 and 2:00 pm each day to a clean room and was able to relax/nap uninterrupted. If I hadn’t read about these security checks on this thread, I would never have known it was happening. There was no mention of it at check-in and I didn’t ask. No one ever knocked on my door, nor did I see anyone other than housekeeping in the hallway of our longhouse. I’m in no way discounting anyone else’s poor experience with this new policy, but just wanted to share my experience. It was a non-issue for us.

We got home Tuesday from a 7-night stay at the Poly in two non-DVC rooms. Since this was our first and likely only time staying at the Poly, we planned a more leisurely pace, with plenty of downtime at the resort in the afternoons. Before leaving the room each morning (usually between 7:30 and 9:00 am), I called housekeeping to let them know that I was on my way out and to request a room clean by 1:00 pm. This was my plan even before learning about these security checks. I returned to the resort between 12:30 and 2:00 pm each day to a clean room and was able to relax/nap uninterrupted. If I hadn’t read about these security checks on this thread, I would never have known it was happening. There was no mention of it at check-in and I didn’t ask. No one ever knocked on my door, nor did I see anyone other than housekeeping in the hallway of our longhouse. I’m in no way discounting anyone else’s poor experience with this new policy, but just wanted to share my experience. It was a non-issue for us.
Thanks for sharing. Perhaps knowing that you were going to request a specific housecleaning time before learning about the security checks helped out in your personal situation.

Just FYI; I posted in other thread;

At Riverside just a few days ago, we returned to our room around 2:00 and room service had not yet serviced our room. We put the "Occupied" sign out and rested for awhile. Around 3:45 or so, we received a call which informed us we needed a room check since housekeeping did not come in. They asked when, and I said we'd be out of the room at 4:30, they said "perfect" and that was that. Just an updated experience with the security check.
I saw that on the other thread but did want to say thanks for sharing your experience. Glad it worked out for you :)

That is a bit unnerving. I would've screamed bloody murder. Yep....LITERALLY!,,

Last edited:

Maybe, the difference in experiences is due to Cash vs. DVC guests? Just a thought.

That sounds like heaven. Your experience is exactly what I am hoping for in July.

It is beyond creepy to imagine someone lurking around in your room as you sleep. i can't believe Disney instructs their employees to do this.

It honestly sounds like different resorts are implementing it quite differently. Some seem to be handling it fairly non-intrusively and be working with the guests while others seem to be quite militant. Let’s hope they all get on the same non-intrusive page soon
Exactly.

All I can say is, don't stay at Saratoga.

They bang on the door until you answer. At 8:45 in the morning. Now, they didn't come in every time, because my husband stood in the way. I wasn't dressed and he wasn't letting the guy in.

Also, on checkout day, the housekeeper stood at our door for 45 minutes as we packed up the room and our car. And yes, literally stood at our door for the entire time. Talk about unnerving.

Exactly.

They bang on the door until you answer. At 8:45 in the morning. Now, they didn't come in every time, because my husband stood in the way. I wasn't dressed and he wasn't letting the guy in.

Also, on checkout day, the housekeeper stood at our door for 45 minutes as we packed up the room and our car. And yes, literally stood at our door for the entire time. Talk about unnerving.

Absolutely unnerving! And couldn't she have found another room to clean for that 45 minutes rather than stare you down??

It honestly sounds like different resorts are implementing it quite differently. Some seem to be handling it fairly non-intrusively and be working with the guests while others seem to be quite militant. Let’s hope they all get on the same non-intrusive page soon
I've wondered that too. Not to mention it appears the DVC daily trash isn't being applied the same either. Some have daily service but others have mentioned they didn't.

I'm sure someone's viewpoint of the policy can be quite different if nothing negative happened, if something negative happened and if they saw no change in procedure from their previous visits happening.

Exactly.

This happened to us at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in 2016. Check out day they came knocking on the door at 8am and then hung out in the hallway while we were packing and leaving.

We just returned today from BWV. We were there 1/20-127 on a DVC points reservation. Having read this entire thread before leaving, I mentioned at check in that I had heard that they would be entering the rooms each day. The front desk CM sold it as solely being for daily trash removal. I told her that we normally are gone in the morning and evenings, but are usually napping in our room between 12-4 and would prefer not to be disturbed at that time. She seemed confused by the request, but asked another CM. The CM told her to call someone (I didn't hear who or what department) with our request. The CM I talked to appeared to write down the times I mentioned on a sticky note or other piece of paper. At this point, I had very little confidence that my request was going to be honored.

Throughout the week, we left our room in the morning anytime between 8-10am. We always kept the room occupied sign on the door when in the room, and dutifully removed it when we left. Everyday we came back at or shortly after noon. On every single day, our trash had been removed before we returned. Even on days when we were only gone from 10-12, it was done in that time frame. They never came before we left in the morning. And they never came while we were in the room. So for us, it worked out just fine.

We’re going to handle these threads a bit differently from now on, in hopes of cutting down on the wild speculation and conspiracy theories. I will post a new thread for questions and comments on the policy, and a sticky thread for actual experiences. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter