Do people really like the Disney beds/beddings?

I've fallen asleep fully clothed on top of all of the bedding when at Disney before, so clearly this thread is lost on me. ;) Seriously, I'm so tired I could sleep in an arm chair by the end of a Disney day. :)
That's honestly true... usually I am way too tired to care lol.

I have never understood why people like the very soft and flimsy pillows, at least that is what I find at just about every hotel I stay in. When I drive somewhere I bring my own firm pillow with me.
The pillows are heinous too... forgot to mention that.

I agree that the Disney deluxe resort beds are fine, but nothing to write home about. The one time we stayed in a moderate (Port Orleans), the beds were AWFUL to the point I was in pain lying down on them.

That said, Disney CRUISE does it right. Their beds are blissfully comfy.
Yes DCL beds are a whole different story. Concierge also does Frette bedding/sheets which is like the gold standard for luxury hotels.

Does not make me sad at all it is always about location, location, location at WDW. Any of the Disney Deluxe results are priced due to proximity to the Theme Parks.

The question comes down to how often they clean those duvets/comforters. We know now due to Covid-19 but what about before that was a concern?

Just like all the throw pillows that used to be in every room, they were not cleaned between guest visits. The move to the blanket sandwich is very common these days. Simple to change everything between guests.

The Four Seasons and Waldorf Astoria are just a franchise and their location drives down there normal pricing that they would command in other resort areas. So what if they throw in a few extra amenities to make up to their remoteness "relative term" to the center of the Disney action.

Dave
I have to disagree because Disney moderate resorts that still require a bus ride to all of the parks costs the same as the Waldorf which is just an objectively nicer hotel.

The mattresses are usually fine (with the exception of the bed in the cabin at Fort Wilderness but that was years ago) but the sheets aren't great. I'm really particular about blankets so I just bring my own comforter. One of the benefits of driving!
I think I may have been too hard on the mattresses. Everything else I stand by... lol!

Disney resorts really need to replace their old blankets. The kind they use, Sobellux, are soft and fluffy when they’re new. We even bought some three years ago because we liked them so much at the Polynesian. Ours are still like new, but the ones at Disney have been washed so many times in industrial washers that they are thin, rough, and wrinkly - nothing like they used to be. I had to check the label to see if they were still the same brand. They are just old and worn out. No excuse for that at the prices Disney charges.

I don’t mind the sheets with the blanket in the middle because I hate hotel bedspreads and I feel like my sheets and blanket are probably clean. I don’t think their sheets are very high quality but they are fine. Sometimes we get an extra blanket if needed which helps. The Pop mattresses are fine. I haven’t slept on another hotel’s enough to have any opinion now. It has been a long time since we stayed at another Disney hotel. The pillows are too fat and fluffy for me but I sleep just fine on them after a Disney day

I have no issues with the mattresses and I generally stay at the values. But I really miss the weight and warmth of having a comforter on the bed. The blankets are so thin that I honestly didn't really realize there are blankets on the beds.

I’ve only had two bad mattresses in WDW. It was at Beach Club and both mattresses in the room were horribly soft, no support at all. The bedding is okay but the pillows are horrendous! I bring my own pillow and case in a compression bag. I use an inexpensive pillow that I can abandon if I need more suitcase room when it’s time to go home.

I am DVC so clearly a complete hypocrite. But I cannot believe that Disney gets away with throwing a couple sheets and hospital blanket on a mediocre mattress, even at the Grand Floridian. Makes me sad, especially when "off property" (but basically on property) they have the Four Seasons and Waldorf Astoria, truly luxurious hotels, that have real beds with duvets/comforters. Interested to hear if others agree with me on this.
They're ok but nothing special. We last stayed at Swan and was told that they're known for their beds, some unique brand exclusively available at Swan and Dolphin, it was nothing remarkable or that nice. Years ago, I stayed at a Ritz Carlton for work and that was a very nice bed with amazing linens but so far, I've not stayed at a disney resort with any beds better than my serta memory foam mattress at home.

I liked the mattress at wilderness lodge so much I peeled off the sheet to see what brand it was. I’ve never had a bad mattress at Disney deluxes, particularly in the last couple years.
As for the sheet/blanket combo, it’s better than the old polyester bed spreads, which were gross. I do prefer weight of a heavier blanket, but it’s not a deal breaker, and we drive, so bringing an extra blanket and a couple pillows is no problem.

We stayed at Pop Century last time, and the mattress on the regular (not pull down) bed was so uncomfortable I woke up with back pain, and I do not normally wake up with back pain. I actually wanted to order a foam mattress topper through Amazon now, but my husband didn't want to spend $200 to use it for a week, since we wouldn't be able to bring it home with us. The pull down bed mattress was a little more comfortable, so my 2 kids and I squished together and slept 3 to the bed. They had to sleep there because we weren't able to safely attach the bed rails to the regular bed, but they would attach to the pull down bed.

My teenager liked the pillows at CSR so much that we ordered some for home once we returned from our recent trip.

We stayed at Pop Century last time, and the mattress on the regular (not pull down) bed was so uncomfortable I woke up with back pain, and I do not normally wake up with back pain. I actually wanted to order a foam mattress topper through Amazon now, but my husband didn't want to spend $200 to use it for a week, since we wouldn't be able to bring it home with us. The pull down bed mattress was a little more comfortable, so my 2 kids and I squished together and slept 3 to the bed. They had to sleep there because we weren't able to safely attach the bed rails to the regular bed, but they would attach to the pull down bed.

They use the same mattresses on both beds. Maybe the one on the regular bed was too broken in.

I am here now and have noticed the sheets and blankets seem less nice than they used to be. Our villa at the Boardwalk is freezing even with the A/C at the lowest setting or off completely so I busted open the extra pillow/blanket bag and the blanket is like something i would donate to an animal shelter after it got too worn for my own dog. It flat and thin and shapeless. The pillows are also awful this trip.

I love the pillows they had at Pop Century enough that I purchased them for at home. The blankets and sheets are another story though. Before the remodel a few years ago the mattresses were worn out and lousy, but since then I have been satisfied.

What is a good, comfortable bed is soo subjective. I have never had a problem with any Disney bed. And I have stayed at all levels of the resorts, and even slept on some of the fold outs.

And I am not a fan of the H2O products. they do nothing for me, I don't understand the massive fan base. To each there own!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter