Do people really like the Disney beds/beddings?

I was about to say. I had some of the best sleep of my life at the GF and sure did fall asleep fully clothed here at YC last night. And I love Disney pillows.

Maybe I’m just a peasant who doesn’t know any better…
I love Disney pillows so much my DH actually bought me one a few years ago lol! I must be a peasant too

I love the mattresses. I even went home and bought one for my own bed. Brand style were different, but my back was very happy.
I always get the extra blanket from the closet to put on the bed. I like the room cool, but need the blanket to stay warm.

I'm so tired at the end of the day I don't worry about how soft the sheets are! The beds were plenty comfortable enough at POR for me. Not a fan of the DVC sofa beds though.

I think why hotels stopped putting bedspreads on beds now is to give the hotel rooms a new image and Disney Resorts should put bedspreads back on the beds because that gives them a colorful look. As for pillows when I have gone to hotels I always like soft pillows and now I've noticed that every hotel uses pillows that are really soft and square shaped and squishy and when I'm sleeping in hotels that have these types of pillows they feel like cuddling a plush doll to me. And my favorite pillows are also the bolster pillows or as I call them "crush pillows" because when I cuddle them it feels like cuddling with my celebrity crushes. But I do think Disney resort mattresses are nice and their bedding is cool too. I wonder who does Disney Resort mattresses for them?

I think why hotels stopped putting bedspreads on beds now is to give the hotel rooms a new image and Disney Resorts should put bedspreads back on the beds because that gives them a colorful look. As for pillows when I have gone to hotels I always like soft pillows and now I've noticed that every hotel uses pillows that are really soft and square shaped and squishy and when I'm sleeping in hotels that have these types of pillows they feel like cuddling a plush doll to me. And my favorite pillows are also the bolster pillows or as I call them "crush pillows" because when I cuddle them it feels like cuddling with my celebrity crushes. But I do think Disney resort mattresses are nice and their bedding is cool too. I wonder who does Disney Resort mattresses for them?

bedspreads do not get washed and changed after each guest. Gross

We own 3 contracts but agree the beds and bedding are pretty horrible especially considering cash rates! We just got back from a 1 bed savanna view at kidani and the springs made noise and frame squeaked.......

The four seasons really made me second guess our mattress decision and we are still tempted to order some of their pillows.

I like the bed and bedding, I just think the mattresses are too soft. And since I do drive, I bring my own pillow.

Sorry if this is not exactly on topic but I think it kinda fits. I live in New York and once my wife and I treated ourselves to a stay at the Four Seasons in NYC ( a true five star hotel) to see the Thanksgiving parade the next day. Prior to this we had stayed at the BWI as well as WL both listed as DELUXE per Disney parlence. What Disney offers as deluxe really pales in comparison to a truly deluxe hotel ( I was led to believe 5 star is deluxe). The services they offer and ammenities they offer are no better than some 3 star hotels we have stayed at. NOT to mention the inability for people at the front desk to help with any extraordinary request a guest may have. For the most part all you get is the most basic minimal response to the problem you are dealining with. They don't realy seem to go above and beyond for a person who is paying anywhere from $450 to $600 a night for a room. They don't care!!!!! We are taking this final trip only because our daughter is attending the cheer conpetition and then we are done with the "give them less and charge them more mentality of the current Disney corporate greed mongers.

I love the mattresses. I even went home and bought one for my own bed. Brand style were different, but my back was very happy.
I always get the extra blanket from the closet to put on the bed. I like the room cool, but need the blanket to stay warm.
Same here. I loved the mattress so much on my last trip to the Cabins (January 2021) that I pulled the sheets back, took a photo of the tag, and bought that exact same set online while I was still at WDW. It took a couple of months to come in because they made them special, but I've LOVED this bed ever since!

I also noticed that hotels seem to use Damask bedding for their sheets and pillows and i'm wondering if Disney uses this bedding for it's resorts? Does it make the bed fancy? Like I said when it comes to pillows at hotels I can be a little like Goldilocks and when I always stay at hotels when climbing into bed I always test each pillow to make sure if it's too hard too soft or just right but once I find the right pillow I climb in make the pillow extra fluffy and then lay down and sleep. But I don't know why some hotel chains like Motel 6 have the most uncomfortable beds and Motel 6 has uncomfortable pillows and bedding too. But Disney resorts should take lessons from Best Western hotels because Best Western has some of the best beds and bedding and the pillows that Best Western has are so soft and you feel like royalty when you sleep on a Best Western bed. I wonder why Disney resorts never has beds and pillows like this?

The pillows I like but the sheets are so scratchy I can't stand them and the mattresses aren't comfortable either, though I've been on much worse. I sleep on top of it all on a blanket and all skin covered. But the Disney beds and bedding I DO love? The stuff they have on the cruises!!!! Holy GOD, those are the most sublime sheets and beds I/ve ever slept on. I suppose at 2K a set, they would be. ;) Worked out on my last trip when I was sick almost the entire time and was in bed most of the cruise.

bedspreads do not get washed and changed after each guest. Gross
There are no bedspreads at WDW. Just a triple sheeting with a blanket between the sheet and the "top sheet" which is a thicker "sheet". The top cover is changed between guests.

One thing that Disney should do for their resorts to improve their beds is get inspiration from Holiday Inn because Holiday Inn actually did a really smart thing to their hotels and I think Disney should do the same thing with their bedding and beds at their resorts. You see Holiday Inn started improving their beds by making them more comfortable and when you lay down on a Holiday Inn bed now it actually is very soft and comfortable and Holiday Inn also did a smart thing with their pillows too but labeling the pillowcases "soft" and "firm" so you'll know which pillow is best for a good night's sleep and when I saw this I thought to myself why don't Disney resorts do something like this because it's a smart invention that a lot of hotels should be using today. The thing is with hotels I can't figure out why some people who stay at a hotel feel just like Goldilocks when it comes to finding the perfect bed to sleep on because after they spend all day driving or flying and people feel very tired and want to get a good night's sleep but all they can find is a hard uncomfortable bed in their hotel. I dislike hard beds and when I stay in a hotel I perfer a nice soft comfortable bed and I can fall asleep in comfort. But I do love having four pillows on my bed because that makes extra room for my plushies when I take them on trips to sleep with me

I think why hotels stopped putting bedspreads on beds now is to give the hotel rooms a new image and Disney Resorts should put bedspreads back on the beds because that gives them a colorful look.
Exactly my thinking!

I detest this faddish hospital white on the entire bed practically everywhere anymore.

Yes, I'm sure laundering it all is much easier, and they get more mileage since there's no noticeable fading.

But, terribly boring! Especially at the GF which supposedly suggests Victorian decor. Sure doesn't anymore with all this white, white so many places. The Victorian Era was all about vibrant colors and elaborate patterns like paisleys. Visually a mess oftentimes, but a whole lot more interesting than toilet tissue white!

I think for the money they charge for the rooms at Disney Resorts they should improve the beds and bedding like they should put bedspreads on each bed and improve the bedding by having fancy sheets that are comfortable and as for pillows guests would have the choice of soft and firm pillows but when you make your reservation you can ask for all soft or all firm pillows to be put on your beds when you arrive. Marriott and Wyndham have this service too as well so Disney should start doing this too. Because I think when it comes to hotels especially great hotels like Disney resorts as I mentioned in my earlier post I think what makes the hotel worthy of staying is a comfortable bed and a nice pillow that is very soft and comfortable. Because when you try to find a hotel that's worthy and has a lot of rave reviews but at times when you visit that hotel you find yourself like Goldilocks trying out the different kinds of beds and finding the perfect bed can be difficult because you want to be comfortable and not having to wake up sore from resting on a hard uncomfortable bed. But if Disney Resorts improved their beds and bedding they would surely get more customers to stay there

I think for the money they charge for the rooms at Disney Resorts they should improve the beds and bedding like they should put bedspreads on each bed and improve the bedding by having fancy sheets that are comfortable and as for pillows guests would have the choice of soft and firm pillows but when you make your reservation you can ask for all soft or all firm pillows to be put on your beds when you arrive. Marriott and Wyndham have this service too as well so Disney should start doing this too. Because I think when it comes to hotels especially great hotels like Disney resorts as I mentioned in my earlier post I think what makes the hotel worthy of staying is a comfortable bed and a nice pillow that is very soft and comfortable. Because when you try to find a hotel that's worthy and has a lot of rave reviews but at times when you visit that hotel you find yourself like Goldilocks trying out the different kinds of beds and finding the perfect bed can be difficult because you want to be comfortable and not having to wake up sore from resting on a hard uncomfortable bed. But if Disney Resorts improved their beds and bedding they would surely get more customers to stay there
Bedspreads are just a giant germ sponge, which is why most hotels have gotten rid of them. What is a comfortable bed for me might be horrible to you. This isn't a one size fits all thing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter