Do rack rates trend upwards the closer it gets?

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
I'm eyeing HRH rates for late Jan 2024. Up until this weekend the USO offered stay more save more rates for a Garden review 2 Queen room, but now SMSM rates only apply to suites.
Is this just normal fluctuations, or does that mean anything regarding general room availability? Both a standard and garden view 2Q room are available at the regular rate.

The tail end of my dates is the Rock the Universe weekend if that matters.

I'm eyeing HRH rates for late Jan 2024. Up until this weekend the USO offered stay more save more rates for a Garden review 2 Queen room, but now SMSM rates only apply to suites.
Is this just normal fluctuations, or does that mean anything regarding general room availability? Both a standard and garden view 2Q room are available at the regular rate.

The tail end of my dates is the Rock the Universe weekend if that matters.
Generally, yes, rates go up as you get closer to the date. They get booked up at the lower rates. It is always recommended to book a room early, as they are fully cancellable up to 5 days before. That doesn't mean there can't be more fluctuations though. I would keep checking every day. I recently made a change to my November reservation, and the room I wanted had a higher price for 1 night but the next day it had gone back down. If you see a price you like, grab it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter