Do the HS kids wear varsity letter jackets where you are?

Doesn't make the thread any less interesting. Still topical. There's one zombie thread from 10 years ago where OP is asking what to serve at her HS reunion. That's funny.....

Back when I was in high school (late 70's/early 80's) varsity jackets were everywhere. Athletes (boys and girls) wore them with pride.

They don't seem to be wearing them these days. I wouldn't have noticed, except a few days ago we actually saw a couple boys from a rival school with theirs on. They were the only ones I've seen in this area in the last 12 - 15 years.

So, what gives? Around here sports are very popular. That makes the absence of letter jackets even odder...to me at least.

Can anyone explain?
oops - got caught by a zombie thread

I still see a lot of them. My kids are pretty active in athletics yet none ever asked for them. The third child was given one for Christmas because she's a pain in the butt about wearing a winter jacket. My intuition was she would wear a varsity jacket and I was correct. They are surprisingly warm.

I didn't think they made them anymore. It's been years since I've seen one, or at least recall seeing one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter