Do you and spouse/significant share a room?

Do you have your own room?

• Yes

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Yes - I wanted my own room

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Yes - My partner wanted their own room

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - We both wanted separate rooms

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • No - I'm happy sharing

Votes: 95 54.3%
  • No - But I would like my own room

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • No - My partner would never go for it

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

mamacatnv

That be a Mum Y'all - a Texas Mum
I've been married almost 30 years.
Kids are moving out/off to college and its just DH and I the majority of the time.

I find myself yearning for my own space, I want my own room. I've lived with DH since I was 19 years old and want to sleep without listening to snoring, or being woken up by tossing/turning, nighttime potty visits or just being breathed on. LOL. I'm tired of playing tug-o-war with blankets and want the animals to share the bed with me.
With DH the dog does not fit and DH is not a fan of sharing his space with the cats.

I certainly can't be alone, anyone else have their own room or want their own room?

Kids are moving out/off to college and its just DH and I the majority of the time.

I find myself yearning for my own space, I want my own room. I've lived with DH since I was 19 years old and want to sleep without listening to snoring, or being woken up by tossing/turning, nighttime potty visits or just being breathed on. LOL. I'm tired of playing tug-o-war with blankets and want the animals to share the bed with me.
With DH the dog does not fit and DH is not a fan of sharing his space with the cats.

I certainly can't be alone, anyone else have their own room or want their own room?
Nope. I love sleeping with my husband even after 21 years and can't imagine not doing it. :confused3

After 35+ years of marriage, we sleep through each other's snoring and tossing and turning. We have been on trips with DD where we share a hotel room, she doesn't understand how we don't wake each other up. She always wears earplugs when she sleeps, so no issue for her when we share a hotel room

You need to get a bigger bed and a different mattress that doesn't let the partner feel any movement, plus you each have your own blankets.
Dog is 130#'s - no bed big enough lol and then there is the breathing and snoring issue

I love sharing with my husband, he travels a lot and I miss him when he isn't around. I actually hate sharing with the dog, which we only do when it is really hot and we are all crammed into the guest bedroom with the air conditioner. I could use my own closet though! We have separate closets but a ton of his stuff has slowly migrated into mine.

The rule. I'd like to commend you for your honesty. If I were you a lot of those things would have to be remedied or I too would want my own room. I chimed in because of the concern I have for your husband's snoring. At the very least convince him to get a snoring prevention mouth guard. Good luck as you "move"or don't move forward.

Last edited:
My husband is the perfect sleeping companion. He doesn't snore, drool, pass gas, grind teeth, move around or go pee in the middle of the night. He's a keeper. :thumbsup2
Mine's a keeper, too, even though he does most of the above. I can't imagine not wanting to be close to him in bed.

We do have separate bathrooms & mostly separate closets, though.

When my husband and I built this house, we used a plan that had a large "exercise room" next to the master bedroom, and turned that into a split master bedroom. I slept very lightly and not very much (bad insomnia), he went to bed much earlier than I did and got up hours before I did. It worked for us, we certainly didn't love each other any less. I lost him seven years ago, so I moved into the larger bedroom after a while.

happy sharing, but I'm sure he'd say he'd prefer more than the small space he gets... I tend to go his way, lol. Doesn't matter the size of the bed.. snuggler

My DH snores really bad for at least the second half of the night, so it's not unusual for me to go to the couch during the latter part of the night (or should I say, morning), and even then, I have to close the bedroom door.

Op, I don't think sleeping or not sleeping in the same bed as your SO is that big a deal. It certainly isn't an indicator of the health of your relationship.

I have a bad habit of falling asleep while watching tv. Dh used to wake me to go to bed and then I'd be up for hours. I asked him to please just let me sleep and when I woke on my own I'd come to bed.

Some nights I'm on the family room couch all night.

There isn't anything wrong with our marriage. I don't need to be in a bed with my husband every night.

My parents shared a room but not a bed and managed to have 4 children.

Whatever works for both of you is all that matters.

The only time we sleep apart, at home, is when he is sick. I am immune compromised, so he doesn't want to share his germs. He sleeps in the spare room when he is sick.

While I love sleeping on my own and taking up the whole bed, I couldn't imagine not sleeping in the same bed if I knew we were in the same house. We finally just switched from a full to a queen size mattress and it is BEAUTIFUL considering SO is a little bigger and our 45lb dog has to stretch out and take up half the bed. I end up shoved against the wall and wouldn't have it any other way haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter