Do you decorate your car for the trip to Disney World? Pictures please!!

wdwmom0f3

Disney Bound!
I was thinking about doing this but I'm not sure. Would I look like the Disney Freak that I am?:rotfl2: I remember seeing a SUV from Texas that said Disney Bound on the back glass. They had Mickeys on the other windows. So, if you have done it... post the pictures. I need some ideas!!:lmao:

I almost forgot. We did put our Mickey ears on the dash last time. :)

I had never thought of doing this but it sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you get some answers soon.:wizard:

We didn't decorate our car, but what we did do is put the Lime Green Mickey Head paint chips from Home Depot in our window (see inside the red circle).

Carride.jpg

This was near the beginning of the trip, as we got closer we put more on, and filled the perimiteer of the window (except for the rear view mirror of course - Safety First :) )

To be honest, decorating your car is odd behavior, but why not do it if you want to? It's not like they're gonna throw you in jail. People will think you're a nut job though.

To be honest, decorating your car is odd behavior, but why not do it if you want to? It's not like they're gonna throw you in jail. People will think you're a nut job though.

:rotfl2: I know... DH would NEVER let me do it. I'm not talking about streamers or anything. Darn, I wish I had a picture of the ones that we saw that had done this. They just wrote on the window.

My car already is Disneyfied enough. I have a WDW car tag and a Mickey antenna ball. Anything else and my kids wouldn't ride with me. :lmao:

Well, personally, I think it is fun! My DD would get a kick out of it! Who cares what people think! If it will make your trip more fun and memorable, then go for it!:goodvibes

We put the ear hats in the back dash. Not very exciting. DD did write "We're going to Disney World on a piece of paper and lay it in there about 4 hours into the drive.

I saw this picture on another thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32781973&postcount=43

That's not the car that I saw, but that's what they did too.

My kids would KILL me if I showed up in the car pool line with "Honk if you love Mickey" on the back of my car. :rotfl2: There has GOT to be more pictures some where.

My car is always decorated :lmao: I have a Disney decal in each of my back side windows (SUV) plus one on each side of my back window. I also have a bumper sticker & antenna topper... I have my Disney Beanie Babies sitting in the car as well....:thumbsup2 and that is for every day use.. not for going to Disney!!!! I also have the licensce plate fames with the Mickey faces, the steering wheel cover & floor mats as well as the behind the seat orginizer :eek: OK, so I went a little over board.. call me crazy...it does stop my kids from driving my car... :thumbsup2 Not to mention another bumper sticker I have "I live in my own little word, but that is OK, everyone there knows me"... not Disney but the icing on the cake for the car...:lmao: My car isn't an old beat up one either.. it's a 2006 Santa Fe and it has looked like this since the first week I got it (new).. I like to personalize my cars...;)

Last Oct/Nov we decorated the back window of the car....I printed out two decals, they were both from the creative DISign threads here. One had a pic of Mickey in an airlane and said we are on our way to Walt Disney World. The other one was the Disney stick family. Nothing over the top, but we really liked it. We had lots of looks/thumbs up and smiles from it too!

I don't think it's 'odd behaviour' at all! I think it'd be a really neat idea; too bad we fly.

We decorate ours. I have a sign in the lower back window. I have car magents that I have done not only for us but for my parents car as well. I don't think it is odd and I could care less what poeple think of me. Who are they to judge have you seen some of things poeple wear to the parks? I am on vacation. I want to have fun and enjoy it from the very minute we pull out of our drive way.

My car is always decorated :lmao: I have a Disney decal in each of my back side windows (SUV) plus one on each side of my back window. I also have a bumper sticker & antenna topper... I have my Disney Beanie Babies sitting in the car as well....:thumbsup2 and that is for every day use.. not for going to Disney!!!! I also have the licensce plate fames with the Mickey faces, the steering wheel cover & floor mats as well as the behind the seat orginizer :eek: OK, so I went a little over board.. call me crazy...it does stop my kids from driving my car... :thumbsup2 Not to mention another bumper sticker I have "I live in my own little word, but that is OK, everyone there knows me"... not Disney but the icing on the cake for the car...:lmao: My car isn't an old beat up one either.. it's a 2006 Santa Fe and it has looked like this since the first week I got it (new).. I like to personalize my cars...;)

This sounds fun! It would be great to see a pic if you have some! I never realized that disney had seat covers, etc, but I guess I should have known! :goodvibes

Way back in 1977, I was fifteen when we made our first trip to Disney World. I made a simple sign for the sides of the van windows (one on each side so people would see them when they passed us or we passed them). It said "Disney World or Bust". I drew a little Mickey Mouse on it. It wasn't big or anything.

We got more horn honks and waves from people on the trip from Pennsylvania. It really made the long drive down there worth it. that was back in the CB craze days and we got a few calls from the truckers wishing us a good trip.

Decorate your car.

I say decorate your car!! I would do it in a heartbeat if we drove, but we always fly from Philadelphia!

When we were planning on driving I was totally going to do this! I had it all planned. LOL But in the end we changed over to flying. Maybe next time. I also say go for it. You only live once!! :hippie:

I have the "Disney Stick Family" decals in my back window. We always drive, but other than that and an antenna topper, I don't do anything else.

Where we live is "on the way" to WDW for lots of people and this summer it seems like I have seen more cars on I-55, I-10, and I-12 decorated for Disney. I've been on the road shuttling my sister back and forth to radiation treatments and the decorated cars always make us smile. Just knowing some other family is on their way to a good time makes our day better! :banana:

So, I definitely don't think it's crazy to decorate your car for WDW (or anything else fun and upbeat for that matter). You never know when you might give a lift to someone who needs it!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter