Do you have a separate Travel/Disney savings account?

I use You Need a Budget, so my Disney money is all categorized (Room, tickets, food, tips, spending money, flights) but the cash itself is in with all the rest of my money. The best part of YNAB is not needing multiple accounts.

I went back to work in my husband's office part-time kind of as a favor to them when they had trouble finding a receptionist. I wasn't really looking to work but it made sense for all of us. My agreement with DH was that if I did it, all the money I netted would go toward travel so I wouldn't feel guilty about saying "I want to go to Disneyland/World/cruise etc." I have a sub-savings account linked to my checking and transfer my paycheck in at the end of each month. I also put any rebates/rewards etc. into it. Between that account and our frequent flier miles from the business credit card, I've paid for all of our vacations/travel the past few years without having to "save" from our normal budget. As any credit card bills come due I transfer the money into my checking to cover as we go.

PHXscuba

If I don't need the money for 3-6 months, I'll buy US Treasury bills. You can buy them through your broker or via treasurydirect.gov. I prefer the tax treatment over CDs. Otherwise, if I need the money in less than 3 months, I'll have it in my checking account. If I don't need the money for a year or more, I'll invest in more risky assets. I take this approach in general.

I have a separate savings account for travel/vacation that gets an automatic deposit every time I get paid.

Same. I use Fidelity for this. Very handy. Plus the cash management account comes with a debit card with no fees ever so it is great for pulling money out in other countries, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter