Do you think there will be another Disneyland DVC?

Bjaiken77

DIS Veteran
I know, I know…DLT is still an on sale resort. But I keep hearing about possible park expansion at Disneyland. I don’t know where they are going to put it all because there is not much room.

That got me thinking: Is there room for a 3rd DVC resort (after DLT and VCC)? Do you think we’ll see it?

That’d be cool. Everything didn’t come together for me in order to buy DLT, but it’d be nice if there was another shot at a Disneyland resort down the road.
I think VDH will be selling for awhile so if you really wanted to own there you could.. I'd expect the next DVC resort to have similar resale restrictions and taxes/dues most likely.

That’d be cool. Everything didn’t come together for me in order to buy DLT, but it’d be nice if there was another shot at a Disneyland resort down the road.
I think they will add another hybrid hotel/DVC tower somehow if they build out Disneyland Forward.

In Japan, there is a luxury hotel built on top of the entry to DisneySea — I actually think they probably have space to do it in the Esplanade or DTD entry area.

Well the upgraded refurbishment to Pixar Place looks great. Has its own adjacent parking garage. Even a refurbished pool area with fireworks sight line. If bookings slump and with Disney Forward having a chance to be part of its back door, they could go a Resort Studio route again and convert perhaps half the floors. Think it will be several years before that or any another DVC option will happen. Enjoy what is being sold and available to book now. In my opinion, Dan Coleman has the Disneyland Hotel resort looking and operating great. Plus it’s fun seeing him walking the grounds like someone else that used to care a lot about a special place.

I think VDH will be selling for awhile so if you really wanted to own there you could.. I'd expect the next DVC resort to have similar resale restrictions and taxes/dues most likely.
I’ll look for incentives. I know the price will slowly creep up and up. I need those incentives to bring it back down. I’m not ready right now anyhow, so it’s going to be a few years if I add on there. I’m still trying to figured out what to do with my WDW resorts.

Perhaps they could add a value resort that is a bit more off property.

If DL forward goes like the plans show, VDH and Pixar Place will be right in the thick of it.

I’ll look for incentives. I know the price will slowly creep up and up. I need those incentives to bring it back down. I’m not ready right now anyhow, so it’s going to be a few years if I add on there. I’m still trying to figured out what to do with my WDW resorts.
I’m pretty certain it’ll be around for a few years. They sold all of what 13,000 points last month on a property with 2-3 million points? I’m not sure when incentives will bring it back down or if they’ll ever come back down but I wouldn’t expect whatever new DVC resort that opens at DL after VDH to be priced cheaper.

I could see them converting rooms at Pixar Pier Hotel to DVC at some point. In the Disneyland Forward stuff, is there anything that looks like it could be a hotel? I can't remember. I know it's all just sort of ideas of what they could do and not what they will do. But I don't know if I see an entire separate DVC in that area. If they purchase up more land in surrounding areas...then maybe.

At the current sales rate, VDH will be selling well into the 2030's. I guess anything is possible. But the two biggest negatives of VDH IMO (resale restrictions and TAT) will probably not go away, or even get worse. But in 20 years, compared to rack rates, even VDH will probably end up being a good deal. Only time will tell!

Eventually, yes. How soon really depends on whether VDH picks up steam. Disneyland Forward is gonna drive demand for longer stays at DL, which should translate into more demand for an additional DVC property.

I could see them converting rooms at Pixar Pier Hotel to DVC at some point. In the Disneyland Forward stuff, is there anything that looks like it could be a hotel? I can't remember. I know it's all just sort of ideas of what they could do and not what they will do. But I don't know if I see an entire separate DVC in that area. If they purchase up more land in surrounding areas...then maybe.
I remember reading somewhere that Disney only owns the hotel part of PPH but not actually the land that it sits on. I'd imagine they'd have to do something creative like a CFW-style trust to get around that issue if it's even possible.

I would venture to guess that there will be another DVC at Disneyland resort. It seems like they like the idea of having something on sale on the West coast. When the time gets closer, we will see some incentives on VDH to move sales along, but for now they seem happy to sell at a slower pace

Isn’t the issue with building another DVC actually the city of Anaheim? I thought I remember reading somewhere that the reason it took so long before a second DVC was built was due to the city council refusing to approve the project. Obviously they changed their tune but it might be a barrier for a third.

I’m pretty certain it’ll be around for a few years. They sold all of what 13,000 points last month on a property with 2-3 million points? I’m not sure when incentives will bring it back down or if they’ll ever come back down but I wouldn’t expect whatever new DVC resort that opens at DL after VDH to be priced cheaper.
We're staying at the VDH next week, but I wouldn't touch VDH (or RIV) as it comes with a poison-pill for resale.

If they change the resale restrictions, I'm sure more people would buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter