Do you think there will be another Disneyland DVC?

If Disneyland Forward is approved, I think another hotel is inevitable. And probably it will have a DVC wing. When? I'd say not on this side of 2030.

We're staying at the VDH next week, but I wouldn't touch VDH (or RIV) as it comes with a poison-pill for resale.

If they change the resale restrictions, I'm sure more people would buy it.
I don't know if/when Disney will ever let go of resale restrictions. Of the resorts that aren't resale restricted which ones could even have additional rooms added? Isn't there a Florida law stating there must be 40 years left on the contract for them to sell additional points at that resort which would mean the last potential expansion without resale restrictions would be CCV in 4 years? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I may have pulled that rule out of nowhere lol.

I could see them converting rooms at Pixar Pier Hotel to DVC at some point. In the Disneyland Forward stuff, is there anything that looks like it could be a hotel? I can't remember. I know it's all just sort of ideas of what they could do and not what they will do. But I don't know if I see an entire separate DVC in that area. If they purchase up more land in surrounding areas...then maybe.

I remember reading somewhere that Disney only owns the hotel part of PPH but not actually the land that it sits on. I'd imagine they'd have to do something creative like a CFW-style trust to get around that issue if it's even possible.
2 reasons it will never happen at Pixar Place. The first is that as you say Disney owns the hotel but not the land.

The second is that Pixar Place Hotel land isn’t part of the Disneyland Resort Specific Plan. It’s part of the Anaheim Resort Specific Plan. Which sounds like a small nuance but Disney has a tremendous amount of zoning and land use pre-approvals in the DRSP that they don’t have in the ARSP. It would be millions of dollars (tens of millions?) cheaper and years faster to use DRSP land for a new DVC than to use ARSP land.

2 reasons it will never happen at Pixar Place. The first is that as you say Disney owns the hotel but not the land.

The second is that Pixar Place Hotel land isn’t part of the Disneyland Resort Specific Plan. It’s part of the Anaheim Resort Specific Plan. Which sounds like a small nuance but Disney has a tremendous amount of zoning and land use pre-approvals in the DRSP that they don’t have in the ARSP. It would be millions of dollars (tens of millions?) cheaper and years faster to use DRSP land for a new DVC than to use ARSP land.
For context. The red island in the yellow area is PPH.
IMG_2035.jpeg

All that said I think the question of whether Disneyland gets a 3rd DVC is more of an existential one. If there’s still demand for timeshares at Disneyland in 7-10 years, then yes.

A new DVC doesn’t necessarily have to be a brand new building or property. They can always convert another wing of GCH or another building at DH?

If they did that, would it be part of the existing deed or whatever? Or something different? Not really sure how that works, I guess.

If they did that, would it be part of the existing deed or whatever? Or something different? Not really sure how that works, I guess.
This is purely speculation on my part. I personally don’t think it would happen, especially at VGC because the demand for cash room is so high. The only reason they did it at the Grand Floridian was because the hotel side did so poorly, unlike at Grand Cal. But if they did it at VGC, they can go either way on whether it gets sucked up into the existing association or be a separate one. Current VGC has 36 years left so that makes me to lean towards a separate association. But anything is possible. Beach Club Villas only started with a 40 year contract so there is precedence that contracts don’t have to start with 50 years. Converting another tower at the Disneyland Hotel is also possible. But probably not likely also due to the high cash demand. The timeshare industry is just completely different in Anaheim than in Orlando.

If they build another hotel it will be either fully dvc or partially dvc. Too easy to have people pay for the building with profit built in over some years and then never have to really worry about it being filled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter