• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does Anybody Else Remember the Candy Artist in Epcot (Japan)?

dizfan0134

Earning My Ears
I hope Im not the only one, but this was one of my favorite memories as a child visiting WDW. She used to stand outside of the pavilion and make these awesome animal art pieces out of candy. Anyone else remember her?

She was amazing! I so very much appreciate artists, because I am NOT gifted in that way.

I also remember the cluster*** of people trying to get their kids the candy animals. Was supposed to be one per family so I watched a woman station each of her 3 kids spread out in front of the table so they didn’t appear to be together. When time came to hand out the sculptures they jumped in front of all the other more polite kids & got all the candy.

She was great. She once picked DD, DS and a friend traveling with us. And they were standing together...

Miyuki was always on my must-see list at Epcot. As I understand it, she left when she was no longer allowed to give out the candy she'd made because of new health regulations. Here's her website: http://www.mynameiscandy5.com/

My son was "picked" by her one time and he didn't eat his candy. He proudly carried it around all day at Epcot as if he had won a great prize!:rotfl2:

My son received one of her creations. He didn't eat it, it was too beautiful. And I'm not sure that it would have tasted so great?!

We always used to stop and watch her! We never got one of her candies, but it didn't matter. Just watching her was a treat!

I also remember the cluster*** of people trying to get their kids the candy animals. Was supposed to be one per family so I watched a woman station each of her 3 kids spread out in front of the table so they didn’t appear to be together. When time came to hand out the sculptures they jumped in front of all the other more polite kids & got all the candy.
I saw that family at the Grand Canyon! You can't buy class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter