Does anyone else like to make their own lotions and such

Serena

<font color=navy>Not afraid of canned biscuits<br>
I love to play will natural oils, cocoa butter and other stuff to make my own lotions. Does anyone else?
Does anyone know any good recipes, or websites to look at.

My dd is on accutane and has very dry lips. We tried all the store bought stuff and nothing seem to help much.
Using some stuff I happen to have around the house she made her own lip stuff and it actually helped prevent her lips from cracking. So we're looking for some more info and recipes.

Does anyone know what oils are good for this? I know some are better for moisturizing than others, I just don't remember where I got the info. :rolleyes:

Or am I just weird?? :D

I usually use Aquaphor every night. I have also tried Lanolin. Iwas given it when I was nursing my DS, it is for sore or cracked parts. I really liked it . I hope those help, I have heard that accutane is really drying.

I would love to make my own lotions and such, but I don't know how.

For a good moisturizer, you can put Neutragena (sp?) hand lotion on your lips. It's a really heavy ointment and works great.

Actually, if anyone is interested I've found quite of few good websites for this. :)

My dd made a concoction of cocoa butter, vegetable oil, beeswax, honey and a drop of food coloring. It works really well.

I've heard of Aquaphor, I just haven't bought it yet.

Pure lanolin works great for chapped lips and anythign else. I once had a terrible reaction to a household cleaner. I used my breast cream that is pure lanolin and it worked great. The ped had mentioned using it on DD lips and chapped cheeks. I guess if you wanted to add a scent, or coloring to it you could

Try www.recipegoldmine.com. It seems like I have seen some things there that might be helpful. Maybe look under crafts or household or even just search for lotion.

I just adore this sight. They have a little of everything. I know I saw a lip balm there when I was looking for something else. I remember thinking that it would be fun to make with my DD. Good luck.

I had a ball yesterday looking all through that recipie site you posted. I must've been there for a couple of hours! Thanks a million!

I passed it along to my mother, sister and best friend. It has something for everyone! I know they will love it too (especially now at holiday time!)

Thanks again,
Annemarie:)

You are all most welcome. It is one of my favorite sites, and I go there often looking for anything from a craft for the kids at church to a recipe for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter