• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D'oh! Need Info on BBB!

momof1princess

<font color=darkorchid>i feel like i'm going to ex
My DD11 has decided that, for our June trip, she's GOT to try Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, which is fine, I don't mind paying for it, since it'll probably be the one and only time she'll want to do it (she's not a frilly, girly-girl), but I need HELP! Please, someone give me the scoop on this place! How far in advance do I make reservations? Is there a long wait? Do they do a good job? Anything y'all can tell me would be really helpful-good and bad. Thanks! :hippie:

We took our DD last year during April. I probably made reservations a couple of months in advance when I knew our plans, because I wanted a morning slot so we could walk around MK before it opened. There are two different places where BBB is-Downtown Disney and Cinderella's castle. I think they still have both of those locations. Just do to Disney's website and do a search for it. They did a really great job! I only got the package that cost $50-hair, make-up, and nails. We bought a dress prior to our trip and I had DD wear it to BBB. The full package is super expensive. I know they take walk ups. I think it depends on the time of year you go to determine how busy it is. It was worth my $50, but I probably would not pay more than that. Everyone did comment on DD when she walked through the park and some people even wanted to take pics of her. She liked the extra attention she got.

My DD did the Castle Package in May 2007. Is was the most expensive package, but it included dress, crown, shoes, wand, and pictures. DD loved it. She also loved all the extra attention. The dresses at WDW are really good quality. Her Belle dress has lasted longer than any of the other dresses we have bought her.

that's the package DD wants as well-hair, makeup and nails for 49.95. i think we'll be going to the one in MK, so DH will have something to do while she has her appointment.

if I remembbe rright we asked if we should tip them as we had 45 kids getting a makeover at the same time and the answer was no.

My dd just had the hair, nails and make-up done 3 weeks ago at mk. I believe we made the appt 90 days in advance for early morning so that we were in the park before opening and we didn't have to wait in the lines to get in as well. We brought her dress with us that we got from the disney store on sale after halloween and she changed in the dressing room at the boutique before they started her make-over..they did a wonderful job! After her hair is done, they put "pixie dust" in her hair, so she was excited to have sparkles in her hair as well. They put so much product in her hair that the style lasted all through the next day as well before I had her wash it out. The price did go up to $54.95 for that package, but it was well worth it =)

thanks! i was totally unaware of the price increase. oh well, it's only $5.00. did you tip the stylist?

As far as tipping the FGMIT (Fairy Godmothers in Training) goes, you'll get a whole range of answers. I think there's a whole thread about it. I tipped my DD's stylist $7. She didn't refude it, so I'm assuiming they are allowed to be tipped. I think the same rules apply to anything. If you were doing it, would you want to be tipped? Also it depends on the kind of service you get. If the service is exceptional, then tip. If not, then don't. It's a personal decision. Either way you'll be fine.

It wasn't until the castle location opened that they were allowed to accept tips but they don't expect it. If you check out the link in my sig for BBB this topic has been addressed numerous times.

To the OP the ladies on this thread are very up to date on everything at BBB so don't hesitate to ask them a question. We were there again two weeks ago for xmas and as usual had a great time. Best of luck and have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter