Dole Whips - from the parks to my home

JRawkSteady

Mousecessed DIS Veteran
I just figured out how to make a perfect pineapple dole whip! It only took a few years!!!! hehe, yummy!! I was getting quite sick of withdrawal ;)

Sounds great! I just got back from my trip to WDW & this is the one thing that I planned on doing that I just never got around to! Nice to know that I can now try it at home! What do you think would happen if you beat the cream in until it began to peak a little? Would it make the texture creamier or what? Just thought I might try it! Thank you for fulfilling my one last thing from Disney!

Well....wheres the recipe? Do you use Doombuggy's?

I have the exact recipe at home (I'm still at work now). Stay tuned either tonight or tomorrow! :) :) :)

princessjv said:
Darn...I don't have an ice cream mixer.
You don't need one to make ice cream! It's just a more convieniant to use one.

And I keep on reading about this Dole Whip. I really want to try one when I go, but I fear the heat will get to it before I do.

Jenn0))) said:
You don't need one to make ice cream! It's just a more convieniant to use one.

And I keep on reading about this Dole Whip. I really want to try one when I go, but I fear the heat will get to it before I do.

Can't you just put it in a container in the freezer and freeze it to the right consistency???

Now if only we could make them with fat-free cream and skim milk, there would be no need to eat anything else! :stir:

Maybe I'll give that a shot! There's a reason why I own a food processor!

I make them with pinapple juice and pinapple sherbet. Not perfect but still darn good.

I'd kill for a Dole Whip right now...I have strep throat and it would feel DEVINE!!!

I'm definately going to have to give this a try. I have a different recipe that calls for crushed pineapple that you puree and I've never been able to get the pineapple to not be stringy. Never thought about just using the juice. *slaps forehead*

tink1978 said:
Can't you just put it in a container in the freezer and freeze it to the right consistency???
Then it would literally just be a block. There's a method of mixing that just uses.. a bag.
You fill a large plastic back half-full with ice and put about 6 tbsp of rock salt in, then you seal it. You put your ice cream mix in a smaller bag and seal that. Then you put the ice cream bag in the larger ice bag, and seal it, and then you shake it, turn it, whatever for about 10 minutes, until you have the consistancy of ice cream.

If interested Williams Sonoma sells an ice cream maker by Krups. It costs $60 and is the easiest thing to use. The tub goes in your freezer and the motor and paddle attach. I make sorbet in it all the time and I also use it to make frozen Margaritas with....I just pour Margarita mix in and it makes a slush..pour that into a margarita glass and top with tequila. It's a great gadget to have, it makes a great textured ice cream/sorbet. You cannot just freeze a misture, it needs to be churned or else you will wind up with a big ice cube.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter