Donald's Defiant Dashers (AKA Triple D's/Duckies/The Ducks) Dashing into 2010

Dan - Sorry to hear you won't be there for Marathon weekend. But, I think you're making a smart decision. You have to take care of your body! Not to mention the amount of time it takes to train for the races you've been doing. Hope we'll still see you around. :hug:

Poor planning!

Hey Ducks! Hope everyone had a gr8 holiday!

Go figure! Did a small, local 5k on Thanksgiving morning (& by small I mean really small- like the kind where there's a person w/ stopwatch). Don't you know it, I was cookin! Had a PR of 24:30. Now I'm immediately convinced, though I wasn't wearing my Garmin, that the course was short & there was some human error. That said, I still know I was cookin & wouldve come in under 30.

So then I did another 5k on Sat. W/ official measurement & timing. It was windy & cold & my legs hurt like mad. And at one point I just said 'oh well' & took a bit of a walk. Finished 33:36. Rrrr. I really wanted a more recent qualifier for the Nat'l. 1/2!

next time save the gusto for the clocked race!

Happy December Ducks! Sorry I haven't posted in a long time. I'm glad I keep in touch with some of you (wish it were all of you!) on fb.

How are you all doing? How's the running going?

I ran very little in November... I was sick, we travelled and I lost motivation. Now here we are in Dec. and we're 5 weeks from marathon weekend!! I ran 7 miles yesterday. My plan for long runs here on out is: 8.5, 10, 11.5, 8 and then the Half. This is what I did for W&D and it worked well for me.

Tomorrow my 11 and 9 yr old and I are doing another 5K together. It's called the Gingersnap 5K and it's nice and close to home. Two of my friends who just did the Couch to 5K program this fall are running it too. I'm so excited for them.

2 weeks from tomorrow we head to WDW for Christmas! I'm hoping to get two short runs in while there. We're staying at Buena Vista Suites and Bay Lake Tower. I may use the treadmill there...

Oh! I'm up for a meet on that Saturday night the 8th Joe and Carissa, sounds great!

I'm like you Liz, I'm losing motivation.
I've got 17 miles planned for today & it is 33 degrees (as I sit by our roaring wood stove) :rotfl:

I'd be up for a meet Saturday night, but obviously it depends upon what time since I'll need to be getting some Zzzzzz......

Hope everyone is doing well! Give me my motivation! :yay:

Karin, I think Joe's idea for the meet was for somewhere around/during the parade and Wishes times. The parade is at 7 and Wishes at 8. So not late. Besides, we halfers will be tired that night too! :faint:

Now go get your 17 miles done and report back!! :cheer2:

Liz, :hug:
Thank you!
Well, I did 16.7 - my calculations of distance were off, but I finished!

Now, question.....why do my knees hurt? :confused3
Do I just need to strengthen my quads?
They only hurt on the long runs of 13+ miles.

Oh! I'm up for a meet on that Saturday night the 8th Joe and Carissa, sounds great!
I will bring the MickeyVision glasses:thumbsup2

I think I have got back into a groove with my running. I did a 8 mile run last Saturday morning (it was COLD:eek:). During the week I have been running indoors on the track at Ballys. It's supposed to be 14 laps for a mile, but I have a feeling that isn't right. i am knocking a minute off my mile times compared to running outdoors, it does feel like I'm running at a faster pace indoors, but it's just going in circles, so a little boring.

Dan: I'm sorry you won't be joining us next month, get those legs rested.

Deb: it's good to hear you can start training again, take it slow.

Carissa: You, Me Tower of Terror Friday afternoon!

I'm getting excited for the WDW race now (or I'm getting in the Christmas spirit).

We have started plans for a trip to Orlando in March. We are going to do Universal for the first time, has anyone been there? We are thinking of either going for 3 or 4 days, any advice? :confused3

Have a good weekend everyone!

Joe

My boys and I did well at the GingerSnap 5k this morning! Unofficial times were 34:00 for ds9 and I as well as my two friends, and 27:30 for ds11. I'm proud of my boys! :)

Karin great job again on your long run! My runners knee acts up when I get into my long runs (which are SO much less than yours. Lol). Mine would crumble training for a Full I think! I hope yours don't give you too much trouble. I had my knee taped with KT Tape before W&D and I really think it helped.

Joe yay for MickeyVision glasses! :)
I've never been to US. We want to go there mainly for HP. Not sure when we'll do that though.
Heard you're doing 10 today, hope it went well!

Carissa I'm glad you'll have someone for ToT!

:scared1: I'm glad to have someone go with me. :thumbsup2

Plenty of room on the elevator for more people. What do you say everyone, how about a Duck Drop on ToT? Liz, I'm looking at you;).

Karin: nice job on the long run, I can imagine the leg pain I would have if I did 16 miles.

Liz: nice job on the 5k today with the boys and friends:thumbsup2, and SNOW too! how cool is that.

I managed a 10 mile run this morning, it felt good, cold though (30 degrees:scared1:). I'm not sure if I will get a 13 mile run in before the WDW half, but I will at least get another 10 in.
On our trip in March I think Justin (Stephs bf) and I are going to do the Dicks Sporting Goods 5K during the ESPN the weekend, then we have to checkout and head home that same morning. it should be pretty fun.:thumbsup2

Have a good weekend everyone.

Joe

Hi everyone! Great to hear of all the running going on. Liz, good times for you and your sons, especially the oldest. Sorry to hear of the knee pain, Karin, I have never run that far. Joe, went to Universal about 9 years ago, way before Harry Potter. Some nice rides there. Oh, I will also be around on Friday for a drop.....

I did a Toys for Tots 5K this morning, seemed just as cold as last Jan! I have to get a few more miles in, I seem to be stuck on 5K distances.

Have a good week, everyone! Keep running!

Augie

Plenty of room on the elevator for more people. What do you say everyone, how about a Duck Drop on ToT? Liz, I'm looking at you;)

Hmmm, let me think about that... Um, NOPE! I practically tore my hands up the last time I rode it from gripping onto the metal mesh on the wall!

Thanks for the heads-up. My number is 23150. Does the number mean anything? I am not sure what mine was last year.

Thanks for the heads-up. My number is 23150. Does the number mean anything? I am not sure what mine was last year.

The lower the number, the closer to the front you are. I think the half numbers start somewhere around 19,000 - 20,000?? :confused3 So, you're pretty close to the front.

The link had to be removed since Disney said it wasn't released yet and there were errors - I am hoping there were errors on mine since it seems like my number are in the back and I mean behind the last corral - like the very last number. I am sure we will get an email from Disney when it is released. But the final instructions are on the Run Disney site - please go there and download for you specific race. Lots of good information there. One thing to note is the Pacing requirements and that they have pace cyclists on the cousr indicating when runners are behine pace by waving orange flags at mile markers according to the official pace time. If you reach a mile marker with an orange flag waving please not you are behind the required 16 minute per mile and can be picked up at any time - I personally have never seen the orange flags but just a warning in case you do see them try and hurry a little bit faster if possible so not to be swept.

Corral placement will be noted on your bib when you pick it up at the Expo. If for any reason you don't feel the corral placement is correct you can bring proof of your best time from July 2008 forward to Runner's Relations booth. I fear I will be having to visit that booth myself.

If anything enjoy your holidays and get your last long runs in - this weekend or the next should be when everyone has these planned. Get your rest and remember most importantly relax and enjoy!! The Disney marathons are FUN!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter