Doodlebug25413 Escape Wedding 4/11/16- PICTURE HEAVY POSTS!!

hollybearsmom-- 2016 already....yes I'm having that Oh Sh*t moment right now! My ticker says 3 months & 1 week to go....I have so much to get done!!!

Seia-- thank you so much for that link! I'm going to scope it out a little more. And fyi, gave Kevin his Donald tshirt for Christmas, he loves it! LOL

No, I'm not having a trial run with Beaute. But I have found the girl that used to cut my hair, that I absolutely loved. So I'm going to get an appointment with her to get my highlights done & have her do an updo again for me. I just want to make sure it's 100% what I would want & have something to show the gal at Beaute. And I got my bangs cut short again. Love it so much more now.

Mailed off my invitations (all 8 of them LOL) today.
Received part of my MOH & JBM/FG bouquet. Here are a few pictures. I love the idea and it actually has a special meaning once I saw it. And why I never thought of it before.

9275c9d68d6e28b28738719dab904697.jpg 2637455f56d6b1a4969ca0ab4d501382.jpg

So both of my gals will have a pocket size white New Testament bible. I haven't decided if I'm just going to do the small corsage with a ribbon or if I'm going to add a small pomander with it (not as big as the picture)
I'm kinda leaning on just keeping it sweet and simple like the 1st picture. And that is definitely something I know I can do on my own.
I remember my grandfather always carried a small pocket size New Testament bible with him. He was a very spiritual and loving man. And I got teary eyed when I saw this on Pinterest. So of course,
it's like when you read "that" hallmark card that makes you cry like a baby, that's when you know it's the one. So they will be each getting their own and I'm going to write a little something special for both in each one.

We were in Alabama for the holiday, the baby finally got to meet his grandma. And she was delighted! The day before we arrived she had lost a very dear friend suddenly. So just seeing him as a surprise just made her holiday golden.
While we were there, we picked up the baby's boots & a suspender set. They are camo, but they're cute camo. And my husband gets a little camo in the wedding. So little man is going to be cute in his cowboy boots, jeans and his camo suspenders & bow tie. I just need a dress shirt for him now.

I also ordered the In Room party stuff, that got delivered right before we headed south. So now I'm starting to get the boxes ready to be shipped.
Photographer, Videographer, Rev Deems and DFTW are all paid in full now. (YAY)
Dress fitting #1 is in 2 weeks. I think I'm stressing more so over this then anything right now. It will be gone for 4 weeks for alterations, and I am praying that it will be back in time & fits right.

Also, we have scheduled the day after the wedding our Family Portrait session with Disney. We are doing Ft. Wilderness. I think I'm going to scrap the lace dress and just do a lacey top with dress pants for our Yachtsman dinner, and do the same top with jeans and my boots for the family shoot. Not sure yet.

I need a vacation. LOL

Last edited:
So here are the final bouquets that I made for the girls. I just didn't want them carrying something large, and also just something meaningful. Flowers will die. These they can keep forever.

20160107_134826 (440x440).jpg

The one on the left is a pink gerbera daisy with a lavender sheer ribbon and a pale green ribbon. The one on the right is for my BFF daughter, a blue gerbera with a blue sheer ribbon and peach ribbon, as those are her favorite colors. I wrapped the arrangements around the small pocket bibles. Pretty simple actually to do.

Here is my inspiration photo:

9275c9d68d6e28b28738719dab904697.jpg

Thoughts??

This is so meaningful! I've been thinking like crazy about my own VR and this is the perfect idea for me as I carried a white Bible in my wedding. You definitely inspired me. Beautifully done.

This is so meaningful! I've been thinking like crazy about my own VR and this is the perfect idea for me as I carried a white Bible in my wedding. You definitely inspired me. Beautifully done.

Thank you!

It was pretty easy to do too. And I just totaled everything up (less the cost of my glue and glue gun and time) this whole thing for 1 was $14.00. So $28 for both total. Disney was going to charge me $75 each for the gerbera and rose mini bouquets. Just insane for something so simple in my opinion.

So here is how I did them. And you could even do it on a larger bible or a book if you're not religious. I saw Pinterest had a pin where a bride had all of her girls carry a favorite book with just a ribbon wrapped around it. It was so simple, affordable and just sweet.

So my local Michaels is where I got all my supplies less the pocket bibles. Those I got off of Amazon. But really any crafting store you can get everything. Even dreaded Walmart.

Here's my list for just 1 of them:
  • 5 piece flower in a bag packet $2.99 (I got this in the scrapbooking area, but really you can get a flower bush or stem in the floral dept if you wanted)
  • floral tape 55 ft $1.99
  • 1/8 in ribbon 10 yd spool in light green 50 cents
  • 3/8 in ribbon 10 yd spool in lavendar $1.69
  • floral stem in small yellow flowers $2.39
  • small pocket bible $4.49
  • hot glue gun
  • glue sticks
I took the ribbons and joined them together, wrapped them around the bible width wise and then length wise. Leaving the ends to the front of the book to tie in a simple bow. I tied not super loose, but a little bit so I could get the floral wrapped around the bow.
I took some greenery off of a floral bush I had, popped the little plastic thingy off so it was just the fabric greenery. I took the small yellow flowers off and cut the stems so they weren't joined and glued them onto the leaves first.
I then took the gerbera flower, which has a wire on it and ran that thru the small hole in the greenery leaves and hot glued the base of the flower to the leaves. That way the flower hides the yellow flowers glue lines.
I wrapped the remaining wire from the flower with the floral tape, to not have that split or scratch the ribbon (or anyone else for that matter).
And then I just slipped the wrapped end in between the bow and wrapped the stem around the bow knot to secure it.

And if they wanted to take the floral off, all they have to do is either cut the ribbon or just unwrap the floral and bow.

And if I didn't want to do the flowers myself, I'm sure just a simple corsage or boutonniere that Disney can make, you can just tie it onto the book. Can't be that difficult. And another money saver too, because the boutonnieres start at what $14?

Ok, so I didn't win the powerball. So darnit, we're all not going to Disney World like I had wished. Boo Hiss!

But I did go to my first alteration session and had a lovely time with my sister. She's still kinda bummed about not being able to go. I really wish I could afford to loan her the money. But I just can't. I'm already creeping at the end of the budget.

So here are some pics. I pretty much think I have decided to do my hair as a half up/half down now. My sister said that it looks better on me then it being up. She wasn't too crazy about when I had my trial hair up.

2016011795131326.jpg
Ok, so this is the dress without any pinning done. Look how looooonnnnnggggg that skirt is. Blah! I hate being a Hobbit!

2016011795135200.jpg
And here it is with it pinned. So much better. They are going to take it out 2 inches in the belly area for me. She said really I only needed maybe 1 but I told her let it all out. I know I will be self concious about it. Plus will give me more room for that yummy cake! She's also going to add a few snaps at the collar so I can tighten up the halter. But otherwise most of my cost for the alterations is going to be in the length for all 3 layers. Which I expected. I budgeted $500. I'm being charged only $290. Woo! And the alterations lady was super sweet. She interacted with my little guy. I'm so glad I brought my sister with me. Just to get that second opinion.

I had to say good bye to my beautiful gown. I pick her back up on 2/17.

2016011795134324.jpg 2016011795135130.jpg

I think if I just had a little bit of a bump at the top with my headpiece there, and a lot of whispy curls around my face. Something soft. I'm not worried about the tattoo showing.
So I went on Pinterest again to find more hair do's. Going to make another appt with my regular gal this time. After I get her to add some highlights. I think highlights might brighten me up a bit.

I'm so excited! I told my hubby that I'm starting to feel like a princess.

Oh my heavens it looks so good! Love that circle train and you should feel like a princess in it!

Okay I laughed hard at the hobbit comment! As a shorty, I understand, lol.

I have fallen so far behind on your plans and you are getting so close!!! :cool1: I love everything you have been doing so far especially the bible bouquet for the bridesmaid I have never seen that before its so unique! Also your dress looks amazing on you :blush: and I really like the idea of your hair half up half down!Can't wait to see more!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Oh my heavens it looks so good! Love that circle train and you should feel like a princess in it!

It's just a sweep style train. I didn't want anything long & elaborate.

Okay I laughed hard at the hobbit comment! As a shorty, I understand, lol.

Seriously, you know! It sucks! Do you use the spaghetti tongs to get stuff off the top shelf of the cabinets? I do!

You look lovely! You're not a hobbit at all!

Am so a Hobbit'itssss :p
I have fallen so far behind on your plans and you are getting so close!!! :cool1: I love everything you have been doing so far especially the bible bouquet for the bridesmaid I have never seen that before its so unique! Also your dress looks amazing on you :blush: and I really like the idea of your hair half up half down!Can't wait to see more!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Yes we are getting close. And I'm getting excited!

So my oldest son stayed with me the other week while we got dumped on 42 inches of snow. That's like 3 1/2 feet of snow. YUCK!
But thank goodness it's melting. Fast. Our winter has been really out of sorts this year. Anyhow, since the wedding is coming up quickly, I needed to get some input from him on what he's going to wear.
Of course, him being the super uber fan of Doctor Who....

Doctor-Who-Publicity-Photos-2005-2009-david-tennant-11008941-1200-1842.jpg
He has chosen this look. Which I can agree to! I think he could totally do this look & look good! He is NOT a country boy at all. He is my geeky computer nerd kid. And he's even willing to possibly cut his hair like the good Doctor.
Which I'm totally thrilled about! (I hate his long hair on him). So I have being shipped now the burgundy converse chucks. We just need to go out and get the blue suit. And he even said that he's going to use the suit again for job interviews and Cos-Play's that him & his friends do. (Yea, I'm totally clueless on all this stuff, but I heard JOB INTERVIEWS, so I'm happy)

The baby's onesie dress shirt is ordered as well. I just need to wait until we are closer to April to get his jeans. I don't know if he's going to spurt up to the next size in the next 2 months or not. The onesie I got a 3T, so it will work fine.
So besides jeans for him, and the oldest's outfit we have everything pretty much. I'm just now getting all the loose ends done.

And for those who like the whole DIY craft stuff, I've made this for photo's:

20160111_142952 (800x800).jpg

And I ordered bag labels from a lady on Etsy. I was going to use the bags for everyone to take cake and any leftover food with them at the end of the night. Sorcerer Mickey is my favorite. I did almost decide to do the Fantasmic Dessert but we have a very small amount of people and Fantasmic does get rained out more often. I didn't want to take a chance.

20160111_142932 (800x800).jpg

Last edited:
Cute sign and bags!! It just dawned on me how quickly your date is approaching! :goodvibes

I wish we had been able to send leftover cupcakes from our DP home with people. I even had it on our packing list to take tupperware or ziplock bags, but somehow I still forgot.

Cute sign and bags!! It just dawned on me how quickly your date is approaching! :goodvibes

I wish we had been able to send leftover cupcakes from our DP home with people. I even had it on our packing list to take tupperware or ziplock bags, but somehow I still forgot.

Thank you on the bags & sign. It was too easy to do. And fun!

I have a box that I'm starting to toss stuff into to be shipped to the hotel that I wanted for our In Room Celebration. We can transport the cake back with us to the room, and yes people are going home with cake!
A 2 tier cake that I know we will be eating for the whole week. (But I'm not complaining!) I just don't want any of it to go to waste.

Few updates:
  • Due to the stupid ice storm and snow off & on I had to post pone picking up my gown until next week. I'm totally not happy about this. But it is what it is.
  • My son's chucks came in, praying that they fit! If not, he's going to suck it up & deal. We've decided too, that if we can't find a blue suit that is affordable, he's going to wear jeans & a white dress shirt with a tie.
  • My husband is stressing me out because now he's telling me depending on his job, he may have to fly in or drive in (depending on location) separately and not go together with us. I'm totally having issues with this.
  • There is going to be so much crap that I'm having to haul. Not having his help is just making me sick. I'll have my oldest with me, but still.
  • Reserved a room at All Stars for my oldest son for a few nights, only because I think if my Aunt is staying with us, all 5 of us might get on each other's nerves. But now, my Aunt has told me that her sister is no longer responding to her cancer treatments and they are now working on pain management for her. So freaking sad. I feel so heart broken for her. She is having the worst year. So if she is not coming because she needs to be with her sister, I'm totally understanding. So the extra room may get cancelled.

Our window for the Fast Passes came and I booked as much as I could. Here is the Itinerary I have so far, this is all tentative and will be subject to change. My oldest son has different FP's booked then us, because he's 18 & I know doesn't want to hang with all of us the whole time.

Fri 4/8 Travel Day
Fly in, estimating arrival 12:30pm.
Check in at Contemporary
Hoop Dee Doo Dinner with me and my boys & hubby. (I am so drinking some sangria and having strawberry short cake, short cake...)

Sat 4/9 Magic Kingdom Day
Check out of Contemporary and transfer to Bay Lake Towers
8:35am Crystal Palace Character Breakfast
9:15-10:15am FP Buzz Lightyear
10:45-11:45am FP Mad Tea Cups
12-1p, FP Dumbo

4/10 Animal Kingdom Day
The oldest son checks into All Stars (tentative)
9:30-9:50am Festival of the Lion King
12:40-1:40pm Disney Outpost Meet & Greets
2:15pm Gardenview Tea me and my Aunt. (This is tentative if she's able to come)
7:20pm me and Kevin Yachtsman Steakhouse dinner and maybe Illuminations.

4/11 WEDDING DAY!!
9:30am O'Hana's Character Breakfast with everyone
11am Carolyn Allen's to steam my gown
Guessing that Beaute Speciale will be at the room around 2pm, same for Randy & Stan for photos and video to start.
4pm-- Kevin, the baby and others to be transported to Yacht club
4:30pm-- myself and my oldest to be transported to Yacht club.
5-6pm-- Wedding ceremony and celebration at the Yacht Club Gazebo
7pm-- In Room Celebration at our hotel room
9pm Wishes Pontoon Boat fireworks cruise

4/12 Hollywood Studios Day
10am Family Portrait Session with Disney Fine Photography at Ft Wilderness
11:45am Lunch at Whispering Canyon
3:40pm FP Disney Junior
5-6pm Toy Story Mania
6:30-7:30pm Muppets
8:30pm Fantasmic (I don't have a FP for this though, this is all going to depend on the baby)

4/13 EPCOT Day
9:15am Garden Grill Character Breakfast
10:50-11:50am Turtle Talk with Crush
11:50-12:50 Living Seas with Nemo
1:25-2:25p Test Track (this is going to have to be a child swap because the baby can't go on this)
5pm Morimoto Asia dinner reservations for me and my oldest son
9pm Illuminations with my oldest

4/14 Magic Kingdom or hang out at the room/pool Check out day
9:10am Tusker House Character Breakfast
4pm check into our off site hotel and get into bed early

4/15 Fly Home
Kelly cries the whole trip home and is miserably depressed the rest of the day.

pixiedust:Just read your whole thread :love:
I can't wait to hear more, I love the country inspiration/touches as well, especially the boots! DH and I have talked about renewing our vows, and although Hawaii is currently at the top of our list (wouldn't be for 4 more years) I think Disney is up there too!

pixiedust:Just read your whole thread :love:
I can't wait to hear more, I love the country inspiration/touches as well, especially the boots! DH and I have talked about renewing our vows, and although Hawaii is currently at the top of our list (wouldn't be for 4 more years) I think Disney is up there too!

Thanks for reading! OMG Hawaii...Yea I'm definitely going there someday. Even if it's just the two of you, a Memories package would be magical. And you can do that at Aulani! :rolleyes1

My husband and I are very "country" people. He's from the south, and I'm a southern girl at heart. I'm originally from Maryland. So when I finally booked the Disney wedding I titled it "Our Country Garden Wedding".
We are both not formal people. And I wanted something beautiful, relaxing and comfortable. I am not very coordinated. So 3 inch heels are a no no. I know that's the trend right now, but I'm not very trendy. LOL

I'm more then likely going to be posting lots of updates from here until we leave. I just saw my ticker and 1 month 3 weeks and 1 day until our wedding.
HOLY COW Y'ALL!! :lovestruc

Ok, so my bestie and her daughter have their dresses picked out and I'm loving it. I let them choose what they wanted. And I really wanted them to have something they could wear again and again.
My bestie picked out a beautiful navy chiffon dress and her daughter has a royal blue dress. Our wedding is at 5pm so it will be perfect for that evening.
With that being said, I've been hemming and hawing over if I wanted to add more flowers then the simple bible I made for them. And I did. Disney quoted me $65 for a simple hand bouquet and that was just not in the budget.
So with recommendation from you gals on here, I ordered 2 pomander balls from wedideas.com. Yes I know I could have made them, but I wasn't finding any silk flowers that I was loving at the local craft stores. Plus they were pretty affordable with shipping. I probably would have paid the same amount if I had made them myself including the stress and time. And right now, I just don't have time.

Here's a picture of the flowers and colors I picked out. No, these are not the pomanders. Just the colors and flowers I chose.

stacy_julianne pomander colors (705x529).jpg

I chose light pink roses, fuschia pink roses with green hydrangea and white stephonitis as filler. My bestie's ribbon will be lavendar as purple is her favorite color and her daughter will have a royal blue ribbon.
I thought they could carry the bibles and have the pomanders around their wrists or in their palm to carry. Plus since it's silk, they can hang it or place it on top of a vase for decoration or something after.

If you don't know what a pomander is, it's also called a kissing ball I think too. Here's a couple of pictures. It's mostly used for flower girls or for decorations. But they can come in all sizes. I like the alternative to an actual bouquet.

2013-01-14_001.jpg 086062913b29cfba036a761dda9d2577.jpg

I'm happy. Things are finally coming together. I'm also going to look into booking some spa time maybe for myself or at least my husband. He so deserves some pampering too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter