"Downgraded" - Am I crazy?!

dimndgal1

One little spark...
Oh, I am on a roller coaster right now.

Our group of 4 adults and 1 child were booked in a standard room at BWI - my dream resort... but I've been so nervous about sharing a room with my in-laws and if it's going to be too tight and if we're going to drive each other crazy... So I just 'downgraded' to two rooms at PO-R.

DH, DD, and I are staying in one of the new Princess Rooms (which I'm very interested in seeing!) and MIL and FIL are staying in a King room.

I am so mixed about this -- on one hand I'm giving up my dream resort and proximity to parks but on the other we're still staying Disney, we have extra space and privacy, and it's still a beautiful resort.

*sighs* I think it all comes down to BWI being my dream resort but maybe this trip isn't my 'dream' trip... I'd rather save it for when I can truly appreciate it than to try to cram our group into one room for my sake.

AHHHH - why am I making this so hard?!?!?!

I think you made the right choice.

Too much togetherness could prove to be problematic.

Sanity is a must on Disney trips! I say even though BWI would be great, maybe not so much with your in-laws (no matter HOW great they are :) ). Good choice on saving it for your dream trip! Let us know what you think about the princess rooms!

Extra space -- and privacy! -- is priceless on vacation. You made the right choice. :thumbsup2

I agree! You need space when you get back from the parks! And two showers is always better than one!

I think you made the right choice too. For us, staying at a particular resort isn't going to make or break our vacation but staying in one room with my in-laws definitely could break it!

I did the same thing this year. I decided too much MIL might not be good for any of us! It will be my first trip at a moderate, but I think I made the right choice.

You difinitely made the right decision!! One of my favorite recent trips was when my daughter graduated from college. We took her best friend with us - they had one room and my husband and I were in a connecting room... awesome having 2 bathrooms and if they wanted to stay out late, no problem with them coming in after we were asleep.

I don't think you're crazy at all. I totally understand the "dream" resort thing and I also think you made the right choice. I get along just fine with my in-laws, but there is no way I would share a hotel room with them. As the pp said......too much togetherness can cause problems. You will have a great trip and then when you get home maybe you can start planning your next one at BWI :goodvibes.

We downgraded too. We were originally booked in POR but decided to downgrade to the All Star Music Family Suite in the value resort. It is bigger, has 2 separate sleeping rooms, 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette. It did however COST MORE for the value suite than the moderate was going to cost us. But it is worth it to have the extra space. I really wanted to stay in the nicer mod resort but our three kids are all over 10 and there would just not be enough room for us at POR.

I think you made the right choice also. I like my MIL but there is no way I could share a room with her. I like my space and privacy.

Definitely not crazy, my DH and I downgraded from WL to POR on our November trip last year and we had a great time! POR is beautiful, and the new rooms are going to make it even more fun! :banana: And it will be nice to have some privacy!

It's so hard when they finally ask "Are you ready to change your resort?"... I feel much better OVERALL about everything - I was stressing about trying to make sure everyone would be comfortable and this will just give us the elbow room we need. However, part of me is still wistful but I know that will be overshadowed as the trip gets closer.

Honestly, I owe my parents who I absolutely love but who I am about to go on a weekend trip with and who are already driving me crazy with the pre-trip planning.... just made me realize that no amount of money and deluxe hotel can compare to keeping sane!

In the end, I know that seeing DD's reaction to the 'magical' Royal room will more than make up for the change and being able to escape ... er REST in separate rooms will make the vacation better overall.

Thanks for the support!!! :lovestruc

There is no way I would share a room with a another adult couple or any other adult that is not my husband. I think you made the right descision. The next time you go with the inlaws stay at the BWI.

I totally agree that you made the right decision! You will need and appreciate the extra space once you get there. I can't imagine sharing a standard room with four adults all week.

You'll just have to pray for a PIN code so you can go back to BWI another time!:thumbsup2

There is no way I would share a room with a another adult couple or any other adult that is not my husband. I think you made the right descision. The next time you go with the inlaws stay at the BWI.

padawns pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I think your vacation will be much more enjoyable knowing you'll have some private time with your family. plus extra space is always a good thing!

Now you have another reason to plan another trip!

You've made a great choice.

My first trip to WDW I took with my DH and his parents. We had rooms around the corner from each other. Saw them first thing in the morning until we were done for the day. Ironically, I'm not the one that had the big kid melt down, DH was.

I was the one in DHS trying to pretend like I didn't know the people I was with while he had a heated discussion with his mother about how he needed some space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter