"Downgraded" - Am I crazy?!

Deluxe girl chiming in to say I totally agree with your decision. I think you will have a much better time having separate quarters to return to at the end of the day. POR was the very first onsite hotel we stayed at (DD#1 was 4 and DD#2 wasn't even a thought yet), and we had a great time there.

I would rather stay in a Motel 6 outside of Disney then to share a standard room at any resort with my inlaws. I like my inlaws, but sharing a room with them sounds like a nightmare. I need my space! (and they keep their ac at 85, I would sweat to death)

Just chiming in to agree with the majority :thumbsup2. We have DVC and often get 1 or 2 bdrm villas and take extended family, but even with all that room by mid-way (if we're lucky) through the vacation things start to get a little tense....usually something along the lines of not wanting to follow the plan:confused3
We haven't had a solo trip in a couple years so I am REALLY looking forward to our upcoming vaca with just my own little family unit :lovestruc.

:wizard:
You made the best decision.
Your dream would be become a bitter reality too soon sharing one room with anyone other than significant other and kids.

Oh, I think you made the right decision. My mother-in-law always insisted on sharing rooms but I put a stop to that in recent years. We all have different wake up times and bed times and it was annoying having to deal with all that. Plus, the most senior folks in the room seem to get their way most of the time (out of respect, not because they demanded it) so my husband and I would just have to put up with their schedules and routines and it was frustrating.

The trip that put my over the edge was when my mother-in-law insisted on having the coffee pot next to the bathroom sink. I had no room to use the hair dryer and she didn't understand why I needed to wash my hair every day. But she didn't want to move the coffee pot. I lost the battle but won the war when next trip I said we needed two rooms.

There is no way I would share a room with a another adult couple or any other adult that is not my husband. I think you made the right descision. The next time you go with the inlaws stay at the BWI.

I meant to say the next time you go without the inlaws stay a the BW.

As someone who vacations with family, you made the right choice. In fact my family wants to do Disney next year. My idea is to put mom, Dad, DB, and SIL in a villa and me/DH in a separate room!

I think you made the right decision...no way would I be able to share a room with my inlaws :rotfl2:

Enjoy your trip and your seperate rooms! Just one question though, what is a princess room?

I think you made the right choice. POR is lovely and you will have some privacy and time to yourself. There's so much to do and so much totake in... Yes, it's further from the parks and you can't walk right into Epcot but you do have the boat to DTD, that's nice.

And I wouldn't discount it being your dream trip. A dream trip is made of great memories, not where you slept at night :)

Look at it this way... getting two rooms instead of one, is NOT downgrading. It is upgrading. ;)

Privacy is a good thing. Keeping sanity makes a dream trip, not the hotel room.

You definitely made the correct decision! Better to have 2 bathrooms and most of all... PRIVACY. That alone is priceless when in-laws are concerned. Better
to get along in separate rooms than not get along and staying in the same room!

You can save up for your dream resort again...you want to have a good experience with the in laws. Good plan to have a little space to your selves.

I think you did the right thing! I wouldn't want to share a room with my in laws :scared1:

Plus, you'll be in the Princess rooms. Score!

I think you will all have a fantastic time. 2 rooms are better than 1. And BWI isn't going anywhere....plus you are in brand new rooms, how great is that??

Thanks again to everyone for the great confirmations!

I am getting excited about POR and making plans for what the different rooms set up will mean -- WINDOW DECORATING!!! I had been planning on doing a Summertime Christmas surprise for MIL (she's VERY into the holidays and we haven't been able to share one in years) so this will be fun to plan. I was at the Dollar Store yesterday and saw tons of ideas and am thinking a wreath in the window would be awesome!

:disrocks:Thanks again to everyone -- you definitely helped keep me from grabbing the phone and going "NEVERMIND" to the poor CM on the other side. ;)

I think you made the right choice.

Too much togetherness could prove to be problematic.

This, completely!

Save your dream resort for when there are no other hurdles that will get in the way of a perfect vacation.

Traveling with others is hard - rooming with them is a whole 'nother level of difficult!

I think you made the right choice. I just returned from a trip wit my mom, sister and brother and my daughters and boy was I glad to get back to my room with my girls and have no one else around after a full day at the park with everyone else. It was a nice vacation but spending too much time with everyone gets to be too much.

we love POR and I think you will like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter