"Downgraded" - Am I crazy?!

Extra space -- and privacy! -- is priceless on vacation. You made the right choice. :thumbsup2

Have you done a 24/7 vacation with your in-laws before? If so, how did it go?

I have done a 24/7 vacation with my in-laws. Driving to Colorado in their van and all of us sleeping in our pop-up trailer. All the way there, camping in Colorado, and the drive back. Never again. They are great people we still vacation with them; many time in fact since that trip . But from now on we will have our own room to retreat to during the day as needed and when it's time to call it a night :thumbsup2

i think you made the right choice too! also you will be staying at my dd's favorite moderate! we love riverside. you will not be disappointed!

You are very smart taking the 2 rooms as opposed to having just 1. We went with my mother a couple of years back and I was glad to have had 2 seperate rooms just to have the away time even though I love my mom dearly. It also gave me a little time to myself because my daughters wanted to stay with her for a couple of night which worked out great and that wasn't even in the plan.

I am staying at POR also and have booked a princess room for next Aug so I am anxious to hear about your trip when you return and if you liked the princess room.

hey, we downgraded all the way to pop century for that reason - and it was an excellent decision!!
we were there at the end of august, and it couldn't have been nicer...
and with all of us in our own rooms, it was even more perfect!!!

:thumbsup2 Great choice switching resorts!! You may have found your 'dream' quickly turning into a nightmare cramped into one room. Enjoy POR -- it does look beautiful -- and have a great time. I saw your post on Christmas in the summer and think that it's an awesome idea :goodvibes

You did the right thing. I love my in-laws but there is no way I would share a hotel room with them.

... but, you're right, I'll probably grow to greatly appreciate the separate rooms. DD and I are going to WWoHP with MY parents in a few days and I have a feeling I'm going to revel in the 2 BR they got and reinforce this decision for next summer.

I think the biggest plus will be our sleep schedules -- MIL is an early riser so this gives her the luxury of either being in her room or walking the grounds without worrying about bothering DH, DD, or me. And, as was pointed out earlier, we're hoping that maybe we can switch rooms halfway through and they'll stay with DD.

:thumbsup2 Great choice switching resorts!! You may have found your 'dream' quickly turning into a nightmare cramped into one room. Enjoy POR -- it does look beautiful -- and have a great time. I saw your post on Christmas in the summer and think that it's an awesome idea :goodvibes

Thanks for the kudos for Christmas! I'm actually excited to have the outer facing windows to decorate now! Plus, with two rooms, I can be sneakier and 'borrow' their room key while they go to the pool or something. ;)

Also, I'm sure there will be people staying in one before we do, but I do plan on taking tons of photos of the Royal rooms and promise to post a full report!!!

If it helps, I've stayed at both BWI and POR (though not the royalty rooms - though I want to!) and POR wins hands down in my book in every category but proximity. LOVE the pools, the secluded feel, the peace, the theaming, the sound of crickets... it's magical. The BWI rooms are bigger but 4 adults is still pushing it. Add in a kid and it really wouldn't feel like a deluxe. You totally made the right decision and you'll enjoy BWI all the more when you can stay there just the 3 of you.

I think you made the right choice. We "downgraded" to POP so we could have two baths, sinks, etc. The extra peace and privacy is well worth it.

I agree that this is a good choice. Remember that you can still spend a lot of time at the Boardwalk hanging out. Go to the Bellevue Lounge, grab a drink and play some board games with your family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter