Dr. Cinderella's Happily Ever After! WP/GF 2/14/12- End of Honeymoon & Trip Report!

I seriously cannot wait to go snorkeling when we go to Saint Lucia!

Everything looks fabulous! I'm enjoying every moment and every picture of your Hawaii trip! Hoping one day I get there myself! ;D

You two are a beautiful couple!

How strange, I was reading a trip report of someone who went to DisneyLand and Aulani and they wrote about how they were there when Kelly Ripa was filming! Small world.

Great update.

Honeymoon Day 5!

We checked into our second resort, Turtle Bay, in the North Shore and we had our own private cottage on the beach! It was amazing! The bed convinced us we had to buy a king bed for at home too! The bathroom was the best part though, it was bigger than our bedroom at home and had a giant soaking tub that I took advantage of daily. We had a little porch outside that faced the ocean as well, it was great to sit out there with a drink in the evenings before dinner. We loved our little cottage.

IMG_8843.jpg
IMG_8849.jpg
IMG_8848.jpg
IMG_8853.jpg
IMG_8846.jpg
IMG_8847.jpg
IMG_8856.jpg

We started our day with the resort's giant breakfast buffet, and then went to the Polynesian Cultural Center for the day. It was a really fun experience! It was somewhat similar to Epcot's World Showcase in that there were different villages of each Polynesian culture with different activities to do and food and drinks to try. We did ukalele playing and spear throwing lessons, a canoe ride, watched a water parade of dancers on boats and some other really fun shows, and ate some yummy snacks. We also found out that Elizabeth Smart (the famous little girl that was kidnapped) had her wedding reception here while we were there, and her ceremony at our resort, Turtle Bay! We had a great time here overall.

IMG_8858.jpg
IMG_8862.jpg
IMG_8863.jpg
IMG_8865.jpg
IMG_8866.jpg
IMG_8874.jpg
IMG_8872.jpg
IMG_8868.jpg

After we drove back to Turtle Bay, we found a bottle of champagne waiting in our room so we took it out onto the balcony and relaxed for a while before getting ready for dinner. That night we went to dinner at our resort's fancy restaurant, it was called 21 Degrees North. The food was delicious and it was supposed to have beautiful ocean views but it was already dark by the time we got there unfortunately. It was a really nice relaxing day!

IMG_8878.jpg
IMG_8880.jpg

Looks like you are having a great time. All the pics are beautiful.

LOL at the scales in the bathroom, cause that's exactly what you want to do on vacation, weigh yourself.

Thanks girls! I got most of the dresses at Forever 21 actually, I didnt want to spend a lot for dresses I may not wear again. But most of them I really like and would wear again! We actually used the scale to weigh our luggage for the way home!

Honeymoon Day 6!

Today we took the morning and afternoon to explore the North Shore around Turtle Bay. We had breakfast at a local diner in the little town Haleiwa, did some shopping and walking around exploring, and had the most delicious tropical shaved ice! On the way back to our resort that afternoon, we stopped at a Shrimp Truck on the side of the road called Giovanni's. It was packed with people, so we knew it would be good, but it was amazing, way better than we expected! Each lunch plate came with fresh peel and eat shrimp, rice, macaroni salad, and grilled spicy corn on the cob, delish! After we got back to our resort, we spent a few hours relaxing on the beach there.

IMG_8886.jpg
IMG_8887.jpg
IMG_8895.jpg
IMG_8900.jpg

After some beach time, we headed back to our cottage to get dressed for dinner. Before dinner however, I had planned a short sunset photo session at our resort. I was so happy we did this, as we got some beautiful photos that really capture the essence of Hawaii. Then it was time to eat! We had dinner at our resort again, this night at Ola's which was right on the beach in the sand! It was beautiful, and everything was delicious. We had a nice short walk back to our cottage again, and had a nice dip in the hot tub in the pool area before we turned in for the night. It was another great day in Hawaii!

marissa-G-marella-photography-1016.jpg
marissa-G-marella-photography-1032.jpg
marissa-G-marella-photography-1041.jpg
marissa-G-marella-photography-1045.jpg
marissa-G-marella-photography-1051.jpg
marissa-G-marella-photography-1054.jpg
marissa-G-marella-photography-1055.jpg
marissa-G-marella-photography-1059.jpg
marissa-G-marella-photography-1064.jpg
marissa-G-marella-photography-1083.jpg
IMG_8905.jpg
IMG_8906.jpg

Honeymoon Day 7!

Today was February 23rd, it was our last full day in Hawaii, and also happened to be my 26th birthday! It was absolutely amazing to have my birthday in paradise, on my honeymoon! I was on cloud nine all day.

We started my special day by stopping at this great bakery on the North Shore for breakfast sandwiches before heading to hike Oahu's largest volcanoe! Diamond Head is 800 feet tall, and we went all the way to the top! It was hot by time we got there because we had slept in again of course. However, the hike itself wasn't too extreme, just a little bit tiring. The view from the top was incredible and definetely worth it!

IMG_8923.jpg
IMG_8909.jpg
IMG_8910.jpg
IMG_8917.jpg
IMG_8918.jpg

After our hike, we planned to go to Wakiki again for the day for lunch and to shop! We rewarded ourselves for our hard work that morning with lunch at a wonderful Sushi Restaurant called Doraku's at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center. It was the best sushi we both ever had, and we love sushi! Especially the volcano roll, so amazing! Then we shopped around quite a bit, at the Shopping Center and a large outdoor marketplace. We shopped so much, we actually decided we had to buy another suitcase to store things for the way home! My favorite souvonier was my birthday gift from Chris, he bought me a beautiful white gold necklace and pair of earrings in the shape of plumerias, Hawaii's state flower, with diamond accents in the center, from the shopping center's jeweler. I put them on immediately of course! They are just beautiful!

IMG_8924.jpg
IMG_8925.jpg

We had planned to do something very special for my Birthday Dinner that night, we were going on a luxury sunset dinner cruise around the island! Unfortunately, we got very lost on the way to the marina due to our GPS picking the wrong one, and almost missed our ship! The captain called us luckily, and was personally directing us! I was so thankful that he waited for us, especially considering it probably would have ruined my birthday to pay all that money just to miss out. The dinner cruise turned out to be amazing! The ship was engineered so that you could not feel any movement, and we really did not at all. We had a private table for 2 right next to the window, and enjoyed watching the island go by while enjoying our gourmet meal. It was a five course dinner! We each had some delicious fruity cocktails, a shrimp appetizer, hawaiian salad, whole lobster, filet mignon, and dessert! Everything was delicious! I had never had a whole lobster, only tails, but our waiter was happy to help us with how to eat it luckily! When they brought out dessert, mine had a candle and the staff all sang to me. After dinner, there was a live band and hawaiian dancers to enjoy and after we did that for a while we went out on the deck to enjoy the Hawaiian sunset and see Wakiki all lit up. For a while we were the only ones out there, and it was amazingly romanitc to sit under the stars together alone together and look out over the ocean. It was the most perfect birthday I could ever imagine, and will probably be the best one ever for me!

IMG_8931.jpg
IMG_8933.jpg
IMG_8928.jpg
IMG_8940.jpg
IMG_8934.jpg
IMG_8937.jpg
IMG_8948.jpg

Honeymoon Day 8!

Today was the last day of our honeymoon, we were so sad that we had to leave paradise. We spent the whole day relaxing at our resort, Turtle Bay today, just wanting to unwind and enjoy Hawaii before our long journey back home. We ate at the hotel's delicious breakfast buffet again that morning, and then headed to the pool and beach for the day. We mostly just lounged and watched the surfers. The waves were huge once again! We had a late lunch at the pool restaurant, and finally by about 4 pm we had to face reality and get ready to leave.

IMG_8950.jpg

The resort let us use the beautiful spa facilities to shower and change since we had already checked out of our cottage, which was nice. We packed up our Jeep one last time, and then headed back to the Honolulu Airport. We returned our Jeep and made it through security with plenty of spare time, so we decided to enjoy one last Hawaiian meal at the airport. We were so excited to find another location of the Kona Brewing Company right in our terminal! So thats where we ate, it was delicious once again. Once we got on our flight, we were happy we had eaten because since our flight was at around 9 pm, they were not serving dinner in First Class, only a late night snack. We each watched a movie while enjoying our fruit and cheese platters, and then went to sleep. We arrived in Seattle the next morning very early, and were still exhausted so we headed back to the first class lounge and took a nap on some couches. We had two more flights to take after that! We flew into New York City because the airline we took didn't fly into our local airport. So we had one more long cross country flight and a short one hour flight back home. I think we made it home finally at about midnight of the day following the day we had left with the time change! But it was defintely worth the long travel, it actually wasn't too bad at all. We both had the most amazing time in Hawaii and couldn't have asked for a more pefect honeymoon trip! I hope to be able to go back some day, I just cannot imagaine never being back there!

End of Trip Report!

So I guess this brings me to the end of our Wedding and Honeymoon Trip Report, I am so sad that it is over! It has been so much fun to share all of my dreams come true with you all! Lastly I will share some of the things I have been working on lately- the photo projects! We got our video only 2 weeks after the wedding, and I have watched it at least 20 times! I just love it so much! I ordered blurb books of all the non-professional photos from our wedding week and honeymoon. They turned out great! If you are interested in viewing them, here are the links!

Wedding Week:
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/2516184/5830131e0b4a2192c784de24883950b91aeb75a4

Honeymoon:
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/2500233/f4245e36c468a22b77b21c6f7c34d7bfb3a33cc5

We ordered our professional album through Adorama Pix and are thrilled with how beautiful it turned out, except for the fact that they forgot the "r" in Chris's name so now we have to send it back!

Disneyalbum2.jpg

Here is the proof of that book if you'd like to see it:
http://www.adoramapix.com/app/showbook//book/Marissa-and-Christophers-Wedding/
(It doesn't seem to be working right now for some reason, I will work on it)

We also got our album from Disney and love it!

Disneyalbum.jpg
Disneyalbum1.jpg

Lastly, I filled up our home with some of our favorite photos! First we got our Thomas Kinkade wedding gift hung up, and put one of our MK portraits in a frame near by to accent it.

disneyphotos3.jpg

I also put some photos in wedding gift frames, and ordered this large aluminum print of one of our favorite photos from our day.

disneyphotos.jpg

This gallery wall of wedding photos is my favorite!

disneyphotos1.jpg

Finally we framed a few of the professional honeymoon shots!

disneyphotos2.jpg

Last exciting thing to share is that we were featured in our local paper a few weeks ago!

Disneyarticle.jpg

Lastly I just wanted to mention to you girls before I list on eBay that I have decided to sell 2 of the dresses I wore during my wedding week, I just think they are too bridal looking and dont think I will wear again. They are the dresses I wore to my Rehearsal and After Party, one is cream and one is white. They are both a size 2, measurements chest 34, waist 26, hips 32. The cream rehearsal dress is from Neiman Marcus, the brand is Phobe Couture, and it originally cost $500. The white after-party dress is from Alfred Angelo's Little White Dress line, and it originally cost $400. I am asking $50 per dress. I will attach some photos of the dresses. Please let me know if youre interested!

RehearsalDress1.jpg
IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

I am sad that my wedding journey is ending, but so happy that I get to be married and spend the rest of my life with Chris! He is a wonderful husband, and while adjusting to marriage is a little difficult at times, I am so happy and wouldn't change a thing! It is a bit hard to move on after focus on the wedding for so long, but it helps because I have a lot to look forward to. I am starting my first job as a doctor at my local Children's Hospital next month, and am both nervous and excited! I am also already planning my next 2 trips to Disney! One with my family for the Food and Wine Festival in October, have never been there for that yet, and our First Anniversary Disney/Cruise Trip next February. I can't wait and know I will really need a vacation during this tough upcoming first year as a resident physician! Thank you all for all the help you have given me throughout the planning process, I don't know what I would have done without you!

I can't believe your report is over. :sad1:

I have loved reading about your planning, your trip, the Wedding and your honeymoon and your photos have been stunning. I really think you had a fairy tale wedding, everything seemed perfect, you looked beautiful (as did your groom and guests!) and I am very envious! If money was no object and I could get married again, I think I would copy pretty much everything you did!! :)

October is a great time to visit and the F&W festival is fun. Have fun planning your trips and if you wanted to write about them I would love to see and read about them.

Good luck starting your first year as a resident physician, I imagine it will be extremely hard but also rewarding.

Ooh, almost forgot - your two blurb books are really good and all your wedding pictures look fabulous.

Sad to see your trip report is over. I have enjoyed reading it.

Love the way your house has been decorated with the wedding and honeymoon photo displays.

Good luck at your new job.

Long-time stalker; first time poster!

Just wanted to tell you that everything was absolutely beautiful - from your ceremony to reception to honeymoon - it all looked so perfect!

Also, PM'ing you about one of your dresses (the cream one, to be more specific)!

Your wedding report was amazing! I'm in Rochester, what a small world! Did any of your guys use the men's wearhouse here? When we went in Jan the salesman told us another couple had guys fitted there for a disney wedding :)

Thank you! Sorry I missed your message until now, yes our guys were fitted locally and then we used the Men's warehouse down in Florida. It worked out perfectly! To update about life in general, married life is wonderful! Couldn't be happier with my husband! I started my residency 4 months ago, so I have been really busy with that! It's going really well so far though. I'm still trying to decide if I want to change my last name officially though. I am going to have my first vacation in a few weeks, and am going to the Food and Wine Festival with my family! I've never been to it before and were staying at the Yacht Club, I can't wait! We're also planning our Anniversary Trip as well, We are going on our first Disney cruise on the Dream! We're also staying at Bay Lake for a few days as well. So lots of good things to look forward to! Hope everyone else is great as well!

Thank you! Sorry I missed your message until now, yes our guys were fitted locally and then we used the Men's warehouse down in Florida. It worked out perfectly! To update about life in general, married life is wonderful! Couldn't be happier with my husband! I started my residency 4 months ago, so I have been really busy with that! It's going really well so far though. I'm still trying to decide if I want to change my last name officially though. I am going to have my first vacation in a few weeks, and am going to the Food and Wine Festival with my family! I've never been to it before and were staying at the Yacht Club, I can't wait! We're also planning our Anniversary Trip as well, We are going on our first Disney cruise on the Dream! We're also staying at Bay Lake for a few days as well. So lots of good things to look forward to! Hope everyone else is great as well!

Read from start to finish this weekend!! Loved hearing your beautiful wedding story!! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter