Dr. Cinderella's Happily Ever After! WP/GF 2/14/12- End of Honeymoon & Trip Report!

Wow! Your bridal party was huge and they were very well dressed. I'll be sure to remember you for the Disney Wedding Blog Awards next year :) Your cake was also very pretty!! Look forward to reading more!

Wedding Day...Part 5!

It was finally time for our party to start! Major Domo lined us and our Bridal Party up in the hallway and then began the introductions. Our Entrance song for the Bridal Party was "I got a feeling" and each couple did something cute or funny as they walked in. Before it was our turn Major Domo did a little speech about how I had wanted to get married at Disney since I was a little girl, and how Chris was making all my dreams come true...it was very sweet. Then it was our turn! We walked in to "Good Life" and then Major Domo announced that he had to go back to the castle, so the dance floor was ours. We then began our first dance to "Marry Me" by Train. Chris doesn't usually like to dance especially in front of people but he did very well, even threw a few spins and a dip in! It was very romantic, and I hardly noticed all the people watching us.

IMG_8018.jpg
IMG_8015.jpg
IMG_8016.jpg
IMG_8020.jpg
IMG_8021.jpg
IMG_8030.jpg
IMG_8029.jpg
IMG_8031.jpg

After our first dance, it was time for speeches. Chris's Best Man, his friend Kurt spoke first and his speech was funny and sweet. Then my sister Jessie and Maid of Honor spoke and hers was so heartfelt and beautiful, we all cried. We toasted and sipped our champagne, hugged and kissed and then it was time to eat!

IMG_8034.jpg
IMG_8035.jpg
IMG_8037.jpg

Soon dinner was served, and everything was excellent! We started with crab cakes, then had ceasar salad before our entrees. We had a choice of Parmesean Crusted Chicken with Cheddar Chive Mashed Potatoes, Pork Tenderloin with Truffle Risotto, or Mahi Mahi with Orzo Rice Pilaf. We liked the chicken best at the planning session so Chris and I both had that. It was delicious but our only dissappointment was that it was served only with mushroom sauce not topped with mushrooms as well like at our planning session. We also had the White Chocolate Slipper for dessert, and had some special desserts for the kids- Chocolate dipped Mickey Rice Crispy's, Worms and Dirt, and Cupcakes. Our flowergirl Sienna had a blast eating and making a mess with her cupcake! Everything was so yummy! I was also starving by this point in the day and ate everything! Here are some photos of some of the food!

IMG_8038.jpg
IMG_8039.jpg
IMG_8041.jpg
IMG_8051.jpg

Everything looks AMAZING! I love you dress, I love your colors, I love your ceremony, and your reception...What dont I love?!?!?!? :lovestruc LOL

I cant believe it! :) OMG... I have just caught up with all your wedding day posts and actually cried a little bit when you were describing the girls walking down the isle and then the part where you and your dad walked down the isle!

Your photographs are absolutely stunning! Your make up and hair was fabulous! All of your bridal party and guests looked really beautiful! :)

Im so pleased for you both! Congratulations and I hope you both live happily ever after! :)

X X X

Thank you girls for your sweet comments! I saw we were on the Disney Wedding Blog too this week, and was so excited!

Wedding Day...Part 6!

After dinner, it was time for us to cut the cake! I was so excited for this because I love cake! We cut the bottom layer, the red velvet, and it was so delicious! Then they brought a slice of each flavor to our sweetheart table so we could taste them all! We had red velvet with cream cheese frosting for the first layer, marble cake with bavarian cream frosting for the second, and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for the third. They were all amazing but the red velet and carrot cake tie for the best! I was stuffed by this point!

IMG_8055.jpg
IMG_8056.jpg
IMG_8057.jpg
IMG_8059.jpg

While the servers were cutting up and serving cake to the rest of our guests, we did our parent dances in the Whitehall Room. First I danced to "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman with my Daddy. I am such a Daddy's girl so this dance was really special to me, and we both cried when the verse about the little girl getting married came on. Then Chris danced with his Mom to "What a Wonderful World", and she cried the whole time dancing with her son. By the time we were done, everybody had their cake and were chowing down on it, it was quite a hit! Actually, everyone was raving about all the food. With full bellies, everyone was ready to get up and dance, so it was time to move out to the bigger dance floor outside on the patio. That's up next!

IMG_8065.jpg
IMG_8066.jpg
IMG_8080.jpg
IMG_8081.jpg

All of your updates are wonderful so far! It's amazing how it makes me cry reading the details of other people's weddings! When you talked about the father/daughter dance, I literally did all I could to hold back tears at my office desk, lol! Disney is such an emotional experience for most people already, but to add a wedding and two people in love with close families tops it all! :love: I can't wait until mine next year! :goodvibes

I also must add that you made a very beautiful bride! :cutie:

Wedding Day...Part 7!

After everybody finished with cake, we headed outside onto the patio for dancing! It was the perfect night to be outside. We started out by doing a bridal party dance to "Celebration" and then everyone else joined in halfway through. Our DJ, Jason was really fun and got everyone out on the dance floor! About halfway through the dancing, the DJ announced it was time for the garter and bouquet tosses! This was pretty funny all around. First, Chris made me blush by taking off my garter with his teeth! Then one of his groomsmen, Adam caught it with one hand in his pocket hardly even paying attention! Then it was my turn to toss...it took me two tries! The bouquet was heading straight to cousin and bridesmaid, Mary and she always says she doesn't want to get married and jumped right out of the way! It fell on the ground...so sad! So the DJ scolded her and had me toss it again. It was so funny! The second time, my youngest cousin and bridesmaid, Shannon, who is 16, caught the bouquet! Her Dad was yelling at Adam not to go above the knee as he put it on her leg. We were all cracking up! Adam and Shannon were good sports about it all!

IMG_8085.jpg
IMG_8097.jpg
IMG_8088.jpg
IMG_8134.jpg
IMG_8136.jpg
IMG_8124.jpg
IMG_8125.jpg
IMG_8126.jpg
IMG_8130.jpg

Towards the end of dancing and our reception Chris and I briefly escaped to go take some fireworks photos near the water during Wishes! It was nice to have a little alone time and watch the show, and Misty's photos of the fireworks were some of our favorites of the day! Our guests watched as well from the Whitehall room patio, and said the view from there was great as well!

Hi Marissa!

I can't believe I am just now finding this amazing PJ/TR. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is amazing. The planning, the clothes, the hair, the makeup, the flowers, you and your hubby. It's all really really beautiful. This makes me even more excited to get married at Disney. I have the same Thomas Kinkade painting in my living room, my parents got it for me for my graduation from college back in 2008. I have the entire TK Disney collection, it's amazing and makes me so happy every time I look at it. The last painting he did before he passed away was The Little Mermaid and my aunt and uncle bought that as our wedding gift...it's such a wonderful and bittersweet gift. Anyway, enough of me carrying on. Congrats to you! You did a great job and truly had a perfect wedding.

So, have you sold your "Bride" attire yet? I have the Bride bag already (thanks to my amazing MOH), and a bathing suit, so I won't need those but I'd love the rest of the shirts and hoodies and all that you're selling if you still have it. Let me know. Message me. :)

Again, beautiful wedding, truly magical.

xoxo -Courtenay-

Wedding Day...Part 8!

After the fireworks, Chris and I headed back to our reception for some more dancing! We had a great time at our reception, and I just had a ball dancing with my girls. I remember my sister and I dancing are to "Time of my Life" from Dirty Dancing at our reception being one of my favorites! We loved that movie growing up. Our DJ was really great at picking out songs and keeping the party atmosphere up! Soon the last dance came, we had chosen for our last dance to be to Michael Buble's "Everything", I just love that song. I will never forget dancing with my new husband to that song outside under the stars. I was so happy to be married and with how our day had gone, and it was the perfect celebratory song. At the end of the song, Chris dipped me down really low and kissed me passionately and it was one of the most romantic moments of my life.

IMG_8202.jpg
IMG_8205.jpg
IMG_8209.jpg
IMG_8210.jpg
IMG_8223.jpg
IMG_8225.jpg
IMG_8229.jpg
IMG_8233.jpg

We were just ecstatic with the whole day, and didn't want it to end! Fortunately, we had planned an after-party at Mizner's Bar and Lounge at the Grand Floridian after the reception! So we went back to our suite with most of our bridal party, they wanted to check it out! I changed into my little white after-party dress and Chris got out of his tux while our bridal party had a glass of champagne in the living room of our suite. I just couldn't wear heels anymore after spending all day in mine, I just wanted my feet to be comfortable! Most of my bridesmaids also changed back into the getting-ready sweat suits I had given them too! Then we all headed over to the main building where Mizner's is located to continue the celebration! Most of our guests had joined us here, and we had some drinks, chatted, and basked in happiness here until they closed around midnight! It was great to be able to relax, talk, and spend time with everyone after our whirlwind day!

IMG_2507.jpg
IMG_8236.jpg
IMG_8237.jpg

Finally after we said good-bye to everyone, we were ready to head back to our room for some just the two of us time! First Chris helped me get all the bobby pins out of my hair! We ate some of our favors- chocolate heart shaped truffles and put on our robes, and snuggled up in bed to read our Guestbook and open up our cards. It was really nice to read them all together, and we couldn't believe how generous all of our guests were. We were up really late but we didn't have to get up early the next mornin luckily. We had a perfect night together to conclude our perfect day!

IMG_8668.jpg
IMG_8666.jpg

Well that is the end of our magical wedding day! Next up, I will share about the rest of our time in the world!

Everything looks so perfect. I'm glad you had such a magical day, you got some great pictures!

Day 5...Part 1, First day as a married couple!

Luckily we were able to sleep in this morning! We had a Farewell Breakfast planned for all of our guests at Chef Mickey's at 11 am this morning. We met everyone in the lobby of the Contemporary at about 10:30, am waited to be sat. Breakfast was awesome! The food was all delicious, and I was so hungry! All of our guests had a blast meeting all the characters and taking pictures with them too. My Grandma wanted to pick up the tab for everyone too, which was very sweet of her! After breakfast, Chris and I decided we needed a nice relaxing day together after all the running around with everyone all week. It was another beautiful 80 degree day, so we headed back to the Grand Floridian and changed into our bathing suits for a pool day. We went to both of the pools, the courtyard one and the beach one and had a light lunch of snack from the concierge lounge since we had a big dinner planned that night. It was just the kind of day we needed!

IMG_8242.jpg
IMG_2508.jpg
IMG_2517.jpg
IMG_2519.jpg
IMG_2521.jpg
IMG_8269.jpg
IMG_8278.jpg
IMG_8287.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg
IMG_2523.jpg
IMG_2525.jpg

Next up...dinner at Victoria and Albert's!

Marissa, your farewell breakfast and day at the pool sounded lovely. Such a perfect way to spend the day after your wedding.

Your swimsuit was so cute!

I loved your wedding report! Everything was soso beautiful. Love the "just married" bathing suit. So cute! Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip!

Thanks girls! I loved that suit too, I got it at Victoria's Secret.

Day 5...Part 2!

After our a nice relaxing day at the pool, we walked the few back to our room to get ready for our romantic dinner at Victoria and Albert's! We were so excited for this, I actually bought my dress way back on Black Friday at a big sale they were having at BCBG! Chris was keeping his tux until the next day anyways because of our park portrait session, so he wore that again to dinner that night but without the vest. He got a lot of use out of his tux! He looked dashing, and we headed over to the main building for dinner. We had the early seating, I think it was about 5:45 because we wanted to be done early at get to sleep at a reasonable time for our early morning photo shoot. We were a little early for our reservation, so we headed to the Main Building Concierge lounge to have a glass of champagne before dinner and listen to the live band play for a bit. They were fantastic. It was too hard to resist all the amazing looking appetizers in here, so we each had a couple bites here as well.

IMG_2527.jpg

Then it was time to head back down to dinner. Walking into the restaurant I thought it was the most beautiful one visually I had ever been to! The host knew our names somehow as soon as we walked in the door and led us to a beautiful table for two. We were presented with personalized menus with our names on the front, and I was even give a stool to put my purse on!

IMG_2529.jpg
IMG_2534.jpg
IMG_2532.jpg

I do not have the menu in front of me right now to give exact desciptions of each item but everything sounded so wonderful it was hard to decided what to order! First we chose a bottle of wine, a sommelier came over to help us with this and when we told him how much we enjoy Reisling he suggested a bottle that was not listed on their menu from their wine collection. So we had that and it was absolutely delicious! It was a little bit sweet, but not too much so perfect for both us. Onto the food...everything was unbelievably delicious in a way that is just had to describe, we were in awe of the food and the whole experience! We ordered the same thing for a few courses, because we didn't want to have to share!

Our amuse buse presented to us was 4 little tastes, if I remember correctly, there was duck, seared ahi tuna, a crab spring roll, and a califlower cream soup. It was all excellent, and we had both never tried duck before and really loved it!

IMG_2535.jpg

For our first course I believe we both had the Maine Lobster, it was fantastic!

IMG_2536.jpg

Next we both had the Maine Diver Scallop dish with prawns and mussels. This was to die for! It had a little bit of broth but was not really a soup, just really yummy!

IMG_2537.jpg

For the third course we branched out a little bit. I had the Poulet Rouge which was unbelievable tasty, and Chris ordered the Duck 3 Ways I believe. I don't remember him sharing! I only have a photo of my choice though.

IMG_2538.jpg

Between each course, there was time to relax and sip our wine and there was also a different type of bread and butter presented between each course. They were all delicious.

For our main courses, I had the Veal Tenderloin which was another new taste for me and I absolutely loved it! Chris orded the Pork Tenderloin and Belly, he was torn between that and the Kobe Beef but thought the pork dish sounded more original. I do not normally like any pork, but I tried it and loved it! Almost more than my own dish, it was delicious! I do not have any photos of these though.

For our 5th course, we both ordered the cheese platter and loved all but one cheese that was a bit on the bitter side. We had a little time to digest here, so I ordered some tea and it was made at our table in a very cool vacuum pot. Finally even though we were getting stuffed by this point, it was time for dessert! I had the Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle in honor of our honeymoon destination to come! Even though I was full I tried to finish as much as I could because it was the best dessert I had ever tasted! Chris had the Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee, which he enjoyed as well.

IMG_2539.jpg
IMG_2540.jpg

By the end of dinner, you could have rolled us out of there! Even though the pace was really nice, we finished at about 8:30 so were there for nearly 3 hours enjoying ourselves, we were so full. With the bill, they brought out a long stemmed red rose for me, a tray of 8 of so small chocolates and truffles, and a wrapped loaf of sweet bread for breakfast in the morning! It was so amazing and sweet. We asked to have the chocolates boxed up as well, we couldn't manage any more! All in all it was one of the best meals of our lives and an amazing experience as well. We were able to try a lot of new and delicious things, and it was very romantic as well.

After the bill was settled, we walked back to our room and turned in early for the night as I had to get up at 4 am the next morning for hair and make-up for our park shoot. Overall, it was a fantastic first day to our marriage!

Marissa,

Love the 1st day to your wonderful marriage. Victoria and Albert's looks amazing. I am very glad you two had a wonderful time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter