DREAMing of Our Family Cruise

yakinacp

Earning My Ears
Hello DISboard fans. Like many others, I wanted to sit and share my trials and tribulations in planning and preparing for our family's FIRST EVER Disney experience :woohoo:.

Brief Introductions First:
I am a wife and mother of 3 :grouphug: from Virginia (DD-7 :tinker:, DD-5 :tink: and DS-3 :donald:).

My husband and I will have been together for 10 magical years pixiedust: this coming June. We enjoy all things family-oriented.
I have been a Disney fan for ages (Mary Poppins and The Little Mermaid were two of my absolute favorite movies as a little girl), and trips to WDW were frequent family vacations. DH is not as big of a fanatic as me, although he claims that Disneyland is way better than WDW. Our children are no strangers to the wonderful world of Disney, either.

How the Dream Began:
It all started with an anticipated trip to the Western Caribbean. DH and I made plans to take our first-ever couple's cruise last April (2013) on a popular cruise line. After months of planning, we were saddened :sad: to hear on Valentine's Eve that our cruise line had cancelled several trips on a particular ship due to engine failure; ours included. Our TA at the time did a wonderful job of keeping us up to date on our cancelled cruise, and offered other options we could take in its place. These other options included Disney Cruise Line. My interest was peaked :idea: at the thought of being immersed in all-things Disney at sea. However, we ultimately decided to forgo the trip until next year.

Fast-forward three months...DH and I were nestled together, watching one of our favorite channels, when I saw a preview for a special on the Disney Cruise Line (Behind the Magic). My interest was peaked again :scratchin, and I set the reminder/DVR to record the show. Needless to say, I was HOOKED...and so were the kids. For the rest of the afternoon, all we heard was "Can we go on the Disney boat? :yay::yay::yay: I want to go on the Disney boat!!". After some thought, and a brief dissertation :mic: to DH about the value and life-time memories we would experience together as a family :-)thumbsup2 really milking it), we were on our way :dance3:!!

Next...Let the Planning Commence

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter