driving to orlando

molly733

Earning My Ears
We are driving in June from Mississippi. My map program says to take I-75 to Florida Turnpike then to I-4. It looks faster to me to take I-75 to Hwy 27 to Hwy 192. Is one faster or easier than the other?

I am not sure where on US 27 you are, but I have driven parts of it a lot and it can be slow. The parts I have driven on have lots of orange trucks on them and go thur lots of small towns with slow speeds and traffic! All of this makes it a very slow drive.

Hi Molly733,

Nice to talk to another Mississippian. Going I-75 to the turnpike
and getting off at Hwy 27 and getting on 192 is the route I
have always taken and it has been fine for us. I like the fact
of having less traffic to deal with. Our kids think it is neat to
see the orange groves (if there are any left).

We took 82 to Montgomery and then 281 (I think) to I10 to I75 to I4. I am sure that there is a better route, but it was our first time and that one looked like the shortest one.

Hi Molly733!

My three children and I drive from Biloxi to WDW every year, and it's a very easy drive (if there's such a thing with three kids in car!!) We take I-10 East to I-75 South (409 miles), then I-75 South to Florida Turnpike(S.E.) Exit 65 (115 miles), FT to I-4 West (47 miles), then I-4 West to your WDW EXIT!!!! (about 10 miles).

Don't forget change for tolls. Last year they were $2.00 and $0.50 going and $2.50 on return.

Also when returning to the Florida Turnpike ( I missed this the first couple of years for some reason)I-4 EAST to Florida Turnpike (EXIT 31); bear right SR-91 to Turnpike NORTH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter