DVC 8th year Christmas Tree, Sharing a Little DVC Holiday Magic

Hi SamSam,
We actually went to THV and did not check out until the 1st. I had intended to get the tree sent out prior to checking out, but did not quite make it. The tree should have left FL on Monday the 3rd. When I find the tracking number I will PM it to you.
Thanks again, it was great. Loved the giraffe mask as tree topper.

Thanks so much for letting me know. Don't worry about the tracking number, I'm sure it will arrive in a few days. Hope you had a great trip. :goodvibes

Hi SamSam,
We actually went to THV and did not check out until the 1st. I had intended to get the tree sent out prior to checking out, but did not quite make it. The tree should have left FL on Monday the 3rd. When I find the tracking number I will PM it to you.

The tree arrived a little bit ago! The poor box was pretty beat up and I think some stuff may have slipped out during shipping, but it is here! Yay!

Just so I know, was there an envelope in the box with a return label when you got the box. If I ship a tree next year I'll definitely get a new box. :goodvibes

The tree arrived a little bit ago! The poor box was pretty beat up and I think some stuff may have slipped out during shipping, but it is here! Yay!

Just so I know, was there an envelope in the box with a return label when you got the box. If I ship a tree next year I'll definitely get a new box. :goodvibes

I was afraid the box was not going to make it. I did my best to secure it, knowing how UPS handles things.

Thanks again for letting us use it. We had not told our DD's or the DD's of the other family we were with and they all thought it great to have a tree up.

I was afraid the box was not going to make it. I did my best to secure it, knowing how UPS handles things.

Thanks again for letting us use it. We had not told our DD's or the DD's of the other family we were with and they all thought it great to have a tree up.

Your welcome, I'm glad the DD's enjoyed having a tree.:goodvibes

I'm Happy to report that VWL tree #1 arrived home today.
Thanks wdwstar for another year of Christmas Magic :santa:

Wishing you all a Happy New Year filled with many Blessings :flower3:

I picked up BLT tree #1 no problem, from bell service. I also
picked up BCV Tree #1 from yacht club business center. both trees are on their way home. I want to let everyone know that the BLT & BCV charged a service fee for pick up ( $5) and when i used the yacht club business center to ship it both back they charged me again, ($5 each box).

When i questioned the staff about the service charge, they told me that they have been charging for 9 years. this is the first year that i was charged.

Please post if other resorts charge the service charge.

I picked up BLT tree #1 no problem, from bell service. I also
picked up BCV Tree #1 from yacht club business center. both trees are on their way home. I want to let everyone know that the BLT & BCV charged a service fee for pick up ( $5) and when i used the yacht club business center to ship it both back they charged me again, ($5 each box).

When i questioned the staff about the service charge, they told me that they have been charging for 9 years. this is the first year that i was charged.

Please post if other resorts charge the service charge.

Yup... BWV also charged the service charge when we received the tree. As we also had medical shipments come in during the time we were there we were also charged for them! NOT a pleasant surprise on that one as we had very heavy boxes of medical food that they charged us $10 per box for. Ended up with something like $60 in total for service fees (after I talked them down by explaining it was medical supplies as my son can't EAT and needs IV nutrition and tube feeds).

Apparently a couple of years ago Disney farmed out the conference hotel shipping/receiving to a different company. If you send things via UPS/FEDEX it goes to them. If you send USPS it goes to the front desk... so I have been told anyway. The staff member who brought me some of the supplies used to work for Disney doing just that, bringing shipments to rooms, and LOVED his job, being able to bring boxes and have them in the rooms even before people checked in, or while they were out at the parks, etc. Worked at it for over 20 yrs, then got the boot. He was hired by this new company, but of course can no longer do the fun part of it...

DVC should have let us know, in MY opinion anyway! Especially for those of us who who own and stay at convention hotels.

Heidi (who is finally settling in now that we are home from our 4 month eastern history adventure trip!)

and here is a photo of SSR Tree #1.

100_1682.jpg

Note the SSR lamp in the background!

Thank you to WDWSTAR and DisneyDi. This was really fun, and I am looking forward to participating again in 2013 (our next holiday trip) :thumbsup2

BLT Tree #1 & BCV Tree #1 arrived home safe :goodvibes Now to open the boxes and spruce the trees up for next year ;)

Hi SamSam,

We also thank you for providing the tree. And, I really liked the giraffe tree topper. It is so appropriate for the AKL.:thumbsup2 Thanks again for letting us use your tree.

Cindy and family

We also thank you for providing the tree. And, I really liked the giraffe tree topper. It is so appropriate for the AKL.:thumbsup2 Thanks again for letting us use your tree.

Cindy and family

We also loved the tree - Thank you so much for donating it for use!!!!

Since I'm in such the Christmas spirit I thought I'd bump this thread up! :santa:

What a wonderful idea and so nice of the people who donate!

Hey it's July 1! Eagerly awaiting the thread to start going again! We may have two families at AKV Kidani this December!

Hi SSWendy, this thread is last year's. You should start a new one.

I'm thinking I'll just pick up a little pre-lit one and bring or ship it down with us for our own use. We can decorate it with items we find & buy over the trip and have it for the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter