DVC at DL!

jmuboy

Happy 50th Birthday Disneyland! 7-17-05
Not WDW related, but definately DVC related - sounds like the DVC is just a few days from announcing 50 new units at DL! The units will be part of a Grand Ca Hotel expansion.

It seems that there are several outlets now announcing this and several threads have started here.

Mods--it might be time to make an Official thread like we had when AKV was announced....we'll all keep our EARS open for more news to see if this really pans out....

Not WDW related, but definately DVC related - sounds like the DVC is just a few days from announcing 50 new units at DL! The units will be part of a Grand Ca Hotel expansion.

That would be really great, especially for us West Coasters! The only thing is.....50 units is not very many!!:sad2: :rotfl:

yes its true go to miceage.com
whoever knows miceage.com what they print will likely come true.
it says disney will announce it on jan 24.
go to miceage.com
than go to al lutz page 1/9
than go to page 2

That would be really great, especially for us West Coasters! The only thing is.....50 units is not very many!!:sad2: :rotfl:

yes with only 50 units it will not last long, the article said that it will start with 50 than add more later. with over 100,000 members the first 50 units might be taking all up by dvc members or most of it.

lets say they have 50 units and they sell 50 weeks for each unit leave a couple weeks open for maintenance. that will be 2500 weeks. lets say the average dvc member that buys at disneyland buys enough points for about a week. that will mean if only 2 and a half percent of current dvc members buy here there will not be any left over for non dvc members trying to buy.

yes its true go to miceage.com
whoever knows miceage.com what they print will likely come true.
it says disney will announce it on jan 24.
go to miceage.com
than go to al lutz page 1/9
than go to page 2

With all due respect, I'll believe it when I hear it from Disney.

So many rumors, so little time.

I can't see where the GC has the room to expand - unless they take away the parking lot and redesign the entrance.

Only 50 is not good, but there is no more room left at GCH. Look at the satellite photos of the whole resort. Very little space left. With only 50 units, if you don't own there, it would be very had to get a trade I would imagine.

I live on the West Coast and travel to DL about 3 times a year. I know I want to buy DVC, but am not sure if I should buy a small resell contract now and wait for GC (at a price prem.), or buy SS now and then try to book in the 7 month window? We do travel in the low season.

For only 50 units, I'm guessing it would be pointless to wait until sales are open to the public. I'd be waiting a LONG time!

I want a total of 300pts, so maybe I should buy 150 SS now and 150 GC later?

Any thoughts?

I live on the West Coast and travel to DL about 3 times a year. I know I want to buy DVC, but am not sure if I should buy a small resell contract now and wait for GC (at a price prem.), or buy SS now and then try to book in the 7 month window? We do travel in the low season.

For only 50 units, I'm guessing it would be pointless to wait until sales are open to the public. I'd be waiting a LONG time!

Any thoughts?

If you are planning on buying DVC regardless than it would be a good time to buy in initially if you are thinking of buying at SSR. Then do an addon at a later date at the other resort.
I sent you a PM with some SSR info.

Any thoughts?
If you are going to use DVC points to stay at the DL DVC (assuming there is one) and will seldom visit WDW, I think you should wait and buy after DL DVC is available. If it is true that there are only going to be 50 units, it will be hard to get in at the 7 month mark. There are lots of DVC members who will be competing for anything still available at the 7month mark.

Any thoughts?

If you're thinking of buying into DVC, do yourself and your pocketbook a favor and check the resale market. You'll save yourself a ton of money.

What a silly place to build a DVC resort, Disney if you are watching - you would be much better off building in Paris - Please Paris, Paris anyone here me PARIS:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter