DVC Club Level and Home Resort Survey

I don’t assume Chang’s statement is wrong or intentionally deceptive. With everything going on in the background (restrictions, trust, lack of any strong commitment regarding Poly2 details), neither of these would be more surprising than the other to me: Poly2 100% follows suit on BPK, Poly2 has some detail that makes it not 100% follow suit on BPK.

I don’t think any of us have said she was dead wrong but rather that her words may not be as confirmed as people are reporting.

Again; I am going by what I am being told by DVC over and over and others have been given the same run around. So, I have it in writing that they can not answer the question “if I own PVB points, will I be able to use them at 11 months at the Poly tower? Or “I headed Yvonne chang stated this is the current plan, did that happen?”

To me, that’s pretty solid evidence that iDVC seems to be distancing them from the statement,

Either that or all these different people are lying? Why would they do that?

That doesn’t mean it won’t become PVB but those of us who have spent a lot do time trying g to get further confirmation have reason to be suspect that this one comment was the offical announcement that PvB owners get 11 month booking or that it won’t have restrictions.

So, I certainly am not going to support it’s a done deal when that is not what I am being told.

I am taking her comment like the ones I am getting…it could be leaning PVB but they might still change their minds.
I don’t think the lack of confirmation is necessarily an indication that the statement was wrong, or a mistake. Yes, this is definitely not how they handled things with BPK, but this is new construction that hasn’t passed any sort of final inspection, and maybe Disney legal, for whatever reason, does not want any further clarification until the no doubt voluminous permits and paperwork are filed and / or approved and / or officially recorded. Doesn’t that make a little more sense?

The simpler explanation is that the lack of official confirmation is the result of a more mundane bureaucratic reason than the upending of the entire system, which would probably contradict the spirit, if not the letter, of what a DVC executive has already informed membership. To assume anything else is just jumping to unjustified conclusions.

That said, I certainly wouldn’t be buying resale right now assuming I could use the points for Poly2. If there’s even a shred of doubt, and there clearly is, for those interested it just makes more sense to hold off.

I don’t think the lack of confirmation is necessarily an indication that the statement was wrong, or a mistake. Yes, this is definitely not how they handled things with BPK, but this is new construction that hasn’t passed any sort of final inspection, and maybe Disney legal, for whatever reason, does not want any further clarification until the no doubt voluminous permits and paperwork are filed and / or approved and / or officially recorded. Doesn’t that make a little more sense?

The simpler explanation is that the lack of official confirmation is the result of a more mundane bureaucratic reason than the upending of the entire system, which would probably contradict the spirit, if not the letter, of what a DVC executive has already informed membership. To assume anything else is just jumping to unjustified conclusions.

That said, I certainly wouldn’t be buying resale right now assuming I could use the points for Poly2. If there’s even a shred of doubt, and there clearly is, for those interested it just makes more sense to hold off.
Yes. That's exactly what I said above, but your explanation was better.

I agree that there is plenty of room for doubt based on that single statement by Yvonne Chang. But that statement was made by a senior DVD executive, so we shouldn't assume it's totally wrong until it's proven to be wrong.

Again, no one is saying it wasn't said...but I think its pretty important that DVC refuses to acknowledge that she even said it.

So, not sure how it translates that they informed the membership when members not there who have inquired are being turned away from getting the information.

IMO, not being able to even acknowledge it should give people pause...we can go around and around about legal reasons, but those exist with any project and those same reasons would have been there when she made that statement. If she was allowed to say what she said, with sanction, there is nothing now legal that would prevent them from confirming it. Maybe this is why they are hush hush because she was t supposed to answer like that?

As I shared, I am not jumping to conclusions. I am sharing what I have been told by those at DVC directly. Can't answer, nothing to share about the project....so, as far as I am concerned, her statement was simply a statement with no meat behind it and until we see differently, I think the decision is still 50/50 it goes into PVB

Last edited:

Again, no one is saying it wasn't said...but I think its pretty important that DVC refuses to acknowledge that she even said it.

So, not sure how it translates that they informed the membership when members not there who have inquired are being turned away from getting the information.

IMO, not being able to even acknowledge it should give people pause...we can go around and around about legal reasons, but those exist with any project and those same reasons would have been there when she made that statement. If she was allowed to say what she said, with sanction, there is nothing now legal that would prevent them from confirming it. Maybe this is why they are hush hush because she was t supposed to answer like that?

As I shared, I am not jumping to conclusions. I am sharing what I have been told by those at DVC directly. Can't answer, nothing to share about the project....so, as far as I am concerned, her statement was simply a statement with no meat behind it and until we see differently, I think the decision is still 50/50 it goes into PVB
I guess we’ll find out soon enough! But for your logic to work, DVC’s lack of confirmation has to mean that Yvonne, a senior exec with years of experience in the Disney organization, who presumably knows her way around an annual meeting, made a huge, uninformed, thoughtless mistake, at the spur of the moment, without ever having either considered or discussed the possibility that this question, which members have been debating for months, would be asked.

Seems like a bit of a stretch! For all my hot air, though, I’m not 100% convinced I’m right. :)

I guess we’ll find out soon enough! But for your logic to work, DVC’s lack of confirmation has to mean that Yvonne, a senior exec with years of experience in the Disney organization, who presumably knows her way around an annual meeting, made a huge, uninformed, thoughtless mistake, at the spur of the moment, without ever having either considered or discussed the possibility that this question, which members have been debating for months, would be asked.

Seems like a bit of a stretch! For all my hot air, though, I’m not 100% convinced I’m right. :)

No, I think her words were actually carefully planned to answer the question without actually confirming that it is a done deal and that it’s just not yet finalized in offical paperwork.

And, IMO, that fits with why DVC isn’t standing behind the statement because they still might change their minds.

Last edited:
No, I think her words were actually carefully planned to answer the question without actually confirming that it is a done deal and that it’s just not yet finalized in offical paperwork.

And, IMO, that fits with why DVC isn’t standing behind the statement because they still might change their minds.
But, then, why say anything to begin with? Why offer a non answer that has the potential to be misconstrued, and make DVC appear less than straightforward if their “intent” to make it part of the same association isn’t, ultimately, realized?

But, then, why say anything to begin with? Why offer a non answer that has the potential to be misconstrued, and make DVC appear less than straightforward if their “intent” to make it part of the same association isn’t, ultimately, realized?

Thst I don’t know but as you said, she is top level and had to know the question was coming yet didn’t even use the word association in her answer when everyone knew what was being asked.

Why not have something in the slide presentation about it knowing it was coming? Why not confirm it was said?
Why stop DVC employees from confirming it?

Which is why some of us take her words with a grain of salt because their current actions are not sending the same messsge.

I think we both agree that until it’s final we don’t really know and I agree that there is a good chance what she implied will be the final decision.

Some of us just are not willing to ignore that DVC is not backing it up for owners who were not there and don’t want to rely on reporting of non offical Disney site. Doesnt mean it won’t be PVB…but it also doesn’t mean that DVD won’t change their mind.

Last edited:
My main point of not saying it’s a done deal because I would hate for someone to read this board or the “confirmation” articles that have popped up and to buy Poly at a premium resale price per point thinking they will have access to Poly2. I know we have agreed we wouldn’t buy resale based on any of this but I don’t want to be apart of the it’s a done deal circus that has erupted with jacked up Poly1 prices. That’s my rational for taking the stance I have taken

My main point of not saying it’s a done deal because I would hate for someone to read this board or the “confirmation” articles that have popped up and to buy Poly at a premium resale price per point thinking they will have access to Poly2. I know we have agreed we wouldn’t buy resale based on any of this but I don’t want to be apart of the it’s a done deal circus that has erupted with jacked up Poly1 prices. That’s my rational for taking the stance I have taken
I agree. But none of this is a done deal.

20 pages ago, the multi-resort trust was a done deal in some people's minds on this thread. Now we're back to not even knowing if PVB2 is same association, different association, legacy DVC, trust DVC, etc.

Thst I don’t know but as you said, she is top level and had to know the question was coming yet didn’t even use the word association in her answer when everyone knew what was being asked.

Why not have something in the slide presentation about it knowing it was coming? Why not confirm it was said?
Why stop DVC employees from confirming it?

Which is why some of us take her words with a grain of salt because their current actions are not sending the same messsge.

I think we both agree that until it’s final we don’t really know and I agree that there is a good chance what she implied will be the final decision.

Some of us just are not willing to ignore that DVC is not backing it up for owners who were not there and don’t want to rely on reporting of non offical Disney site. Doesnt mean it won’t be PVB…but it also doesn’t mean that DVD won’t change their mind.
Agreed. Buying Poly1 is definitely not a good idea right now, unless you could care less about the new tower. For all my blathering, I wouldn’t bet tens of thousands of dollars on a resale contract thinking it’s a ticket into Poly2, even if I loved the place, which I don’t.

The tower itself is going to look ok, but its footprint is still pretty small, and not only does there not appear to be an adult pool, I fear the one they do have will probably be overrun with all the Poly1 and 2 guests. We have a ton of VGF points, and I’d bet the one bedrooms there are considerably more spacious anyway. And it’s a closer walk to MK! It will be fun, though, if the tower has an alternative to the Gasparilla Grill for quick service, just for a little variety, since it will be about equidistant from our one bedroom at VGF.

Well, sixth time was the charm. I finally got someone from DVC acknowledge the statement.

They admitted that it was said that the tentative plan would be to add to existing PVB but could not answer whether or not any points I purchase now would give me access to the tower during home resort period or if there would be resale restrictions.

They said that when further information regarding those points is available it would be avialable to members.

No timeline for when we might get more info was shared.

But at least I finally got them to acknowledge what happened at the meeting!

ETA: And I am not reading anything into the comment about booking and restrictions. Since that was not said at the meeting, I think they were not going to address anything that hasn’t been publicly stated.

Last edited:
I don’t think there’s any confirmation bias in just taking Chang’s words at relative face value. Yes, she qualified them enough to give DVC an out, as any executive probably would, but it’s very difficult for me to believe that she would announce pretty clearly a specific intention to a bunch of DVC owners, hard line enough to attend the annual meeting, without following through.

To somehow believe that she made a mistake, that she blurted out a complete inaccuracy her superiors hadn’t approved, that she never should have said anything at all, that she couldn’t say what was actually going to happen because secret plans detailing DVC’s true intentions had not yet come to fruition, that her statement must be wrong because this isn’t how things were handled with BPK, that she must have been lying, all seem pretty far fetched. That’s way beyond confirmation bias and seems more headed toward fantasy.
Even executives make mistakes.

Well, sixth time was the charm. I finally got someone from DVC acknowledge the statement.

They admitted that it was said that the tentative plan would be to add to existing PVB but could not answer whether or not any points I purchase now would give me access to the tower during home resort period or if there would be resale restrictions.

They said that when further information regarding those points is available it would be avialable to members.

ETA: And I am not reading anything into the comment about booking and restrictions. Since that was not said at the meeting, I think they were not going to address anything that hasn’t been publicly stated.

Their statement does little to change anything other than that Chang made the statement. Too many outliers to mean this is a slam dunk, part of Poly 1 with no restrictions or no possibility of it being part of the trust. So glad you got some acknowledgment but changes little.

Their statement does little to change anything other than that Chang made the statement. Too many outliers to mean this is a slam dunk, part of Poly 1 with no restrictions or no possibility of it being part of the trust. So glad you got some acknowledgment but changes little.

I agree but at least after almost two months I finally got to someone who acknowledged it.

Could be the tone of this last email and quoting the contract in terms of their responsibility to members regarding info from the meeting.

Could surprises still be underfoot? Maybe since they are still selling PVB direct.

Then again, the price for PVB now might be close to enough to the new sale price??

I at least wanted to share that someone finally gave me an answer. But, I’d still not buy until the ink is dry.

Congrats on wringing some intel, even though it’s vague, out of them!

Even executives make mistakes.
Of course they do! But is that vague assumption really an adequate explanation? Seems kind of like grasping at straws. Of course I don’t know for sure either, and who knows what funny business DVC could theoretically be up to. Theoretically being the operative word.

Congrats on wringing some intel, even though it’s vague, out of them!

I agree it does not give any more info but at least they finally officially confirmed things that were said which puts me into the column that PVB will be involved in some way.

Just not sure I fully trust them though to not add curveballs.

I have been looking at the comptroller site to see if anything new pops up but not 100% sure which division I should put in since CFW documents all were under WDW

I agree but at least after almost two months I finally got to someone who acknowledged it.

Could be the tone of this last email and quoting the contract in terms of their responsibility to members regarding info from the meeting.

Could surprises still be underfoot? Maybe since they are still selling PVB direct.

Then again, the price for PVB now might be close to enough to the new sale price??

I at least wanted to share that someone finally gave me an answer. But, I’d still not buy until the ink is dry.
What is interesting to me is that they can’t answer but are choosing not too. It’s a deliberate choice now, not one with legal ramifications. I wonder why?

I agree it does not give any more info but at least they finally officially confirmed things that were said which puts me into the column that PVB will be involved in some way.

Just not sure I fully trust them though to not add curveballs.

I have been looking at the comptroller site to see if anything new pops up but not 100% sure which division I should put in since CFW documents all were under WDW
I love that you quoted their own contract back at them! I wonder what they’re telling direct PVB buyers right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter