DVC Hawaii - any UK interest?

Pootle

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Lots of buzz on the main boards about plans to build DVC/hotel at Ko Olino resort after years of speculation and hoping that it would happen one day. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1599923

Any interest here?

At first I thought not, but then changed my mind as I've been to the west coast quite a few times and the major tourist spots all over the USA so maybe it's time to consider the airfares to Hawaii :eek:

:yay: I would say there would be enormous interest in this. We would certainly use our points to vacation here - it would be one fab holiday:cheer2:

I've been watching this thread with great excitement. We visited Hawaii last year on our Honeymoon and instantly fell in love. I really, really, really hope that this one comes off:yay:

Definitely interested - I've wanted to go to Hawaii for ages... :thumbsup2

we went out there 2 years ago on the ncl cruise and can confirm the islands are great..we will certainly be going out again to visit if we can use our points. the only pain is the time the flights take to get out there..sounds like a stop over in disneyland at the new dvc there will be in order:thumbsup2

I have to say Hawaii doesn't really appeal to me. Now if they were to build a resort in the Indian Ocean, I'd go back to the Maldives in a flash.

Ummm, until I read this thread I thought Hawaii held no interest for us. I might be changing my mind!
First impressions is that it is a loooong way to go.

I'd go for it - we love staying at Vero Beach so a Disney Hotel in Hawaii would be on our list

I've just taken a look at BA's web site, and the flights to Honolulu (which may not be the closest airport; I know very little about Hawaii) shows 21 hours travelling time out and 19 hours back :eek: :eek: This was with a connection in LA on American Airlines.

It's been quite a while since I've taken an economy flight, and this definitely wouldn't be one of them. Got to say, I would have felt quite differently 20 years ago when the need for comfort wasn't quite so great and I could have given wayneg real competition ;)

It would be a loooong way to travel but I would love to visit Hawaii and this sounds great! I'm sure Disney will make it very Hawaiian and not one of the huge concrete blocks that you see in some photo's of Waikiki beach.

I've just taken a look at BA's web site, and the flights to Honolulu (which may not be the closest airport; I know very little about Hawaii) shows 21 hours travelling time out and 19 hours back :eek: :eek: This was with a connection in LA on American Airlines.

It's been quite a while since I've taken an economy flight, and this definitely wouldn't be one of them. Got to say, I would have felt quite differently 20 years ago when the need for comfort wasn't quite so great and I could have given wayneg real competition ;)

The good news for collectors of BA Miles is that it costs the same to get to Hawaii as it does to New York - 50,000 in WT; 75,000 in WT+; 100,000 in Club; and 150,000 in First.

:cool2:

I'd love to visit Hawaii, but I don't think I could do it without a stop-over on flights that long!

for Ians 40th in 2010 and mine 2011, the plan has been Los Angeles and Hawaii, so fingers crossed this is going to fit in perfectly, brilliant news

Too far for me I'm afraid, but no doubt one of the new cruises ships may go there from the west coast at certain times.

You can currently do exchanges out there with II using DVC points

susan

been thinking about Hawaii for a while now but seams to far.If only we could garantee dvc stay in cali then Hawaii, would do it in a flash
So soon my claim to have staed in every dvc property will be shot out of the water
Paulh

we went out there 2 years ago on the ncl cruise and can confirm the islands are great..we will certainly be going out again to visit if we can use our points. the only pain is the time the flights take to get out there..sounds like a stop over in disneyland at the new dvc there will be in order:thumbsup2
sounds like a good idea

The good news for collectors of BA Miles is that it costs the same to get to Hawaii as it does to New York - 50,000 in WT; 75,000 in WT+; 100,000 in Club; and 150,000 in First.

:cool2:

Now that is good news. Here's hoping they keep the Amex 'free' companion partnership going then :thumbsup2

I'd love to visit Hawaii, but I don't think I could do it without a stop-over on flights that long!

I'd been thinking that too Hilary. DVC at Disneyland doesn't interest me as I've stayed at the Disneyland hotel and have no interest in going back. My current thinking is Santa Monica/San Diego - Hawaii - Vancouver/Rockies and back from Calgary. Planning mode is now switched off whilst they build it ;)

Sounds like there is interest from us Europeans then. I'd really like Kevin Stringer to go first and do a trippie :)

Hawaii has been near the top of my travel wish-list for a couple of years, but I don't like flying, so it would definitely have to be combined with another destination - most likely the west coast. I've considered a cruise, but my vision is of chilling at one of the luxury resorts. If the Disney resort turns out like some of those, I'd definitely be interested. If it's just another homogenised, typically Disney destination, then I don't think it'll be for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter