DVC Hawaii - any UK interest?

I'd really like Kevin Stringer to go first and do a trippie :)
Are you offering an all expenses paid trip? I'm sure he'll be more than happy to oblige! :teeth: Oh, and you do know that he's not allowed to visit without his trusty companions, don't you? ;)

Are you offering an all expenses paid trip? I'm sure he'll be more than happy to oblige! :teeth:

Alas no, but I could run to a couple of loud shirts and a grass skirt or two :)

Oh, and you do know that he's not allowed to visit without his trusty companions, don't you? ;)

Note the above generous offer; shirts and skirts - plural ;)

I would love to go, but with the others in that the flight / travelling would be way to much :sad1:

my sister in law did it last year with a stop over in LV (think it was) and she said she has never experienced jet lag like it in her life

Note the above generous offer; shirts and skirts - plural ;)

:rotfl: Moira

When I saw this a few days ago and told DH he started to get out his credit card :scared1: :scared1: in his excitement.

The flights would be a major downer in my opinion. I looked at our "local" flights from Bristol to Newark and it's then another ten hours to Hawaii (and then I wouldn't be surprised a further internal air transfer)

We heard the Hawaii flight being called when got off our plane in Newark last month, so the timing of the flights mean we would have to kill nearly 24 hours before getting back on again :sad2:

Someone somewhere else suggested splitting the trip with a stay on the west Coast so I am now hatching a cunning plan to do Bristol - Newark - LA (stay a few nights) then onto Hawaii, coming back through Newark (few nights on Manhattan Island) to break the journey up.

Now I just need to find a really really good reason to go when it opens. My tenth wedding anniversary's next year so thats no good and DH is 40 too soon. Hmmmmmmm, what tenuous anniversary must I need to celebrate in 2011 ;)

Now I just need to find a really really good reason to go when it opens. My tenth wedding anniversary's next year so thats no good and DH is 40 too soon. Hmmmmmmm, what tenuous anniversary must I need to celebrate in 2011 ;)

Your tenth anniversary sounds like a great reason for a celebration Karen ..... 3 years later ;) I feel sure you are up to the challenge of a creative celebration :genie: .

Something is puzzling me though, I thought you had sold your DVC interest? Or are you just interested in the hotel bit? Or jumping aboard again? Enquiring minds need to know ;)

Something is puzzling me though, I thought you had sold your DVC interest? Or are you just interested in the hotel bit? Or jumping aboard again? Enquiring minds need to know ;)

Well, enquiring mind ;) we did sell last summer and have no plans to buy again for a couple of years. The thought of AKV nearly pushed DH over the DVC edge (AKL being his favourite resort), but that coupled with a Hawaii Disney experience had him reaching for the credit card :teeth: Still, as it's not built yet he put the card away again.

In a few years I can see us buying in again, probably at BCV or BWV though :wizard:

DH will attest to the fact that when it comes to holidays I am extremely creative :rotfl: (though I think conniving was the word he employed :confused: ;) )

Ah ...... I shall sleep easily now that my ........ erm ....... 'enquiring mind' (aka nosiness!) has been satisfied :)

I look forward to more tales of your 'sleeping around' until the happy day you rejoin the fold Karen ;)

We would/will definitely go, can't wait for Disney to open it.

We went to Hawaii earlier this year and loved the place so much we are already planning on going back and with a DVC resort on the horizon, well that's the icing on the cake. I don't think the travelling is too much of a problem if you do a couple of stop overs. We did it with an eight year old and a thirteen year old.

We flew to San Francisco and spent a week at Lake Tahoe, then back to San Francisco for an over night stay and some sight seeing before flying on to Hawaii. This broke the journey up and gave us time to adjust to the different time zones gradually. We flew back via LA with another over night stop there, did a spot of sight seeing there too before coming home.

Hawaii is a beautiful and amazing place, well worth the hassle of a somewhat long journey.

This would be a great addition to DVC. We will most definitely go back.

We went earlier this year on our official honeymoon :goodvibes but I would never want to attempt a straight/connecting flight there.
We broke our trip up with several places - SF, LA, Las Vegas, San Diego and DL. The flight from LAX to Honolulu was around 4hrs 30 if I remember correctly.

The time difference is a killer (Hawaii is 10hrs) but if you are splitting it with the west coast it does work out a little better. (8hrs)

We had a trip of a life time and can't say enough good things about the places we visited. This is a must do again for us. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter