DVC - I finally stayed at them all

We've stayed at VWL, BWV, OKW, and VB and loved them all! We also spent a night at the BC once, but not the villas. We've never stayed at AKL, though we visited once. It's just a bit far removed for me, but once the DVC opens we'll probably try a couple of nights there to see what we think. The only one I don't see us visiting is HH, just because we can't seem to drag ourselves away from Florida!

To the OP: :worship:

I can't wait for the day that I can say the same!

So far, I have stayed at:

2000: OKW studio (cash)
2003: AKL Concierge - I love this resort and make at least one ADR at Jiko each visit to WDW, no matter which resort we're staying at.
2005: HH 2 BR (cash)
2006: BCV 2 BR (cash)
2006: VB OVIR (points and cash)
2007: SSR studio (points)
2007: Coming soon: VB OVIR (points Sun - Th) and studio (cash Fri and Sat- I hate that Fridays and Saturdays are such points eaters, lol)

I haven't yet had an opportunity to stay at VWL or BWV.

I definitely want to try VWL, and think we would really enjoy this resort because it seems peaceful.

I will make sure to try out the BWV at some point but I think it might this may be a one shot deal just to satisfy curiosity, although I really hope we enjoy it.

I would also like to try a stay at AKV once it's complete. I already know I like the resort and the theme.

More and more, we are really into relaxing and just enjoying the resorts rather than the parks being the central focus. This last trip to SSR we really only popped into MGM one night for a quickie on the ToT and dinner, then friendshipped to Epcot for Illuminations. We probably would have hit the AK one day to try out Mt. Everest, but sadly, a bout with the stomach flu axed all plans the last two days of our trip.

I anticipate hitting one of the DVC beach resorts at least once a year. The next trip I plan I'd like to go back to HH. What a great resort! But hey, if we are unable to make plans in sufficient time to get a ressie at HH, then we will try for VB which is another great resort (gotta love that view from the Green Cabin Room! :thumbsup2 ).

I just count my blessings to be able to stay at any one of these resorts :cloud9:

People always ask me which DVC should they stay in and I simply can't answer that question for them...thus I give them a short explanation and let them decide for themselves.

We've stayed at four - five if AKL counts. This upcoming trip we'll try BWV for the first time and can't wait! Then we'll have done all of the WDW property DVC's. We do have our favorites, but love all of them - they all feel like home to us.

I'm glad to hear your good reports on each DVC resort! DH and I would like to eventually visit all 8 resorts, too! :flower1:

Good post. At least you have stayed at all DVC resorts and are able to post the good and bad about each resort.

i always thought bcv was my favorite until i stayed at vwl. i love the fact that it is smaller and a little more personal. spent 2 nights at okw and thought it was beautiful and peaceful but i really did not like being spread out everywhere. it was more like condos or apartments.

have not been to bwv yet but think i will love it, and i hope to love akv also.

When we stay at BWV for F&G, we will only have BCV left to try at the WDW DVCs. Before becoming members, we were on track for trying all the WDW resorts. I guess we never will now that we only stay at DVC resorts.

It has taken me 6 years, but I officially have completed my 7-Peat (8-Peat if you count AKL) by staying in every DVC property.

I was impressed that you'd been to these all! So I have a question for you. My kids will soon be 13, 8, and 3.5 and we've only stated at Saratoga Springs. My kids loved it. What would you think of Hilton Head or Vero Beach for a week of vacation in the summer? Would my kids be happy with the activities, pools, etc.? We attended a lot of the SSR activities, etc. Congrats to you, and I'd love your opinion.

That's my goal too. This summer I get to scratch off OKW and VWL from the list. Then I will only have VB, BWV and AKV left to try. I could have tried more sooner if I didn't like BCV so much. We keep going back 'cause it's our fav.

I haven't tried them all yet as far as staying, but I have tried more than a few, and I have a strong perference for my "home"! It remains to be seen what I will think of my new home, but if it's anything like staying the original lodge, it will be great!

I'm the same way. Our "home" is VWL. We've also stayed at BWV, SSR, OKW. While I liked each resort, none felt like "home" the way VWL does. :goodvibes

I can't wait to try AKL!!

we have stayed at a few and here's the concensus (just our opinion) :

AKL-very cozy, love the smell, lots of little ones
BCV-love the location and pool
BWK-great location
HH-lots of activities, love the crabbing and fishing, the kids favorite
OKW-noisey buses
VB-lovely,lovely, lovely
WL-very cozy
Poly-great location, love the view, and underwater music
GF-classy,charming, but somewhat stuffy
SSR- only visited, but quite impressed

I forgot to add the Grand Californian and Contemporary to my "stayed there list" so if DVC ever decides to add-on there....I guess I did a 9 or 10-peat.

I think that staying at the different resorts is half the fun of DVC! I have stayed at all of them (including AKL) except Vero Beach and VWL. We'll get there!

We've done SSR & VWL. Am going to try for BWV/BCV on one of these trips(not F&W time). VB is booked for next Easter.

So if I am lucky by next April I'll be at 4.

DVC Dude,

Thank you for such a wonderful post. It's so nice to see someone who can see the positive and unique characteristics of each resort.

You really made me happy!

Well, we're just starting out but will be staying at BCV, BWV, and SSR in about a week. Now we only have how many more - LOL! Looking forward to trying them all out. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter