DVC Information Pack Finally Here

Lisa1976

Lover of all things Disney
The waiting is over, DVC have finally sent and we have received our informatin pack with DVD and finance figures, am so excited, but I have to wait until my Husband gets home later tonight to go through it, can't even take a peak :teeth:

Just a quick question if you don't mind, once we have gone over everything and decided that yes we do want to go ahead with DVC, how long is the process from us saying yes, to DVC being ours, contracts signed, us being able to book accommodation??

Lisa

oooh You're so lucky!! I'm still waiting for mine

It took just over a week, a week and two days to be exact. Hope you get yours soon.

I'm excited for you! :cool1:

I'm not sure whether it depends on how you're financing your points, but I'll tell you what happened to us:

We decided we wanted to join after a few phone calls to our guide to iron out a couple of questions we had after receiving all the info to look through. Firstly we were sent all the documents to sign (we bought here, not in WDW) and returned them, and that probably took about a week. Then we paid our deposit over the phone by credit card (or did that happen before we had the documents? I'm not sure).

We paid the balance also by cc over the phone and our guide made our first reservation for us there and then in the same phone call!

I would guess the whole process from saying "Yes" to making the reservation took no more than two weeks for us, but maybe it was quicker because we didn't need to get credit clearance from Disney to arrange financing.

All good things come to those who wait ;)

You are soo lucky :banana: i asked them to send it to my but they arent allowed to do so cause they are not registered at Germany....it sounds so strange :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Renate :wizard:

Hilary, we are hoping to finance through DVC themselves as we do not have the option of a loan or credit card. Our only concern is that we have booked our flights for January as we thought even if we do not get DVC we can use that money for accommodation elsewhere, but then my worry was how long does DVC take to give you an answer to the financing once we said yes as I don't want to be left with no where to stay.

Perhaps I should stop worrying!!! lol :teeth:

We bought into DVC whilst we were in WDW in October but had already booked our next WDW holiday this coming May a year before. So have not used points but have booked points for Disneyland Paris for this coming October. We bought SSR and thought that we could not actually go away until after May/June when the new properties were actually built.

Susan

You's are soo lucky. We bought from the UK.

Waiting for the information pack 2-3 weeks.

Waiting for the documents a further 10 days.

We telephoned several times, and even teleponed FEDEX to track the packages.

We financed it our ourselves, so no delay on finance clearance, it must be so busy

All sorted now, even used membership card and got discount in the Disney store in Newcastle

Well we have now looked through our information pack and I have to say I am a little disappointed with what came. Everything that was in the pack we already knew. Nothing about the current incentives with the lower price points and this being your deposit, nothing about the finances we discussed with the sales guys, nothing about current use years etc.

I am going to give them a call tonight to discuss it.

I agree Lisa, I've just had mine and it doesn't even say who to get money to or how!! seems a little strange, you'd have thought that just by requesting the pack they'd figure you're already keen to buy!
Just out of curiosity the timeshare sale store has 150 points at saratoga springs a lot cheaper than direct thru' disney, do you know what sort of closing costs are involved?

Yep i agree,

I had a lot of investigating to do on getting the money to them, in the end i got the bank to transfer the money into Disney bank in california.

For this you have to get ABA numbers, account numbers, address. My head was so done in, espically when i eventually got the documents from Disney, the date i had to pay was two days later, so the panic was on. I telephoned disney to explain that the money was on its way (5 days), to be told i had until July (non to pleased).

Lots of reading in the pack (small print boring stuff).

All sorted now

Hint where it says sign, we signed like we normally do like (inital then surname), Disney telephoned us and asked what it was, my DH says well thats how we sign, (not to sure what they wanted) they did except it!!!!

Just waiting for our membership card

We are hoping to finance through DVC themselves as we dont have access to a credit card or loan facility in the UK.

Carol from previous posts I have read I think the Timeshare sale place is around $500 to close.

Thanks Lisa, will investigate further as it will be a saving of around $2000 even with closing costs :Pinkbounc

Hint where it says sign, we signed like we normally do like (inital then surname), Disney telephoned us and asked what it was, my DH says well thats how we sign, (not to sure what they wanted) they did except it!!!!

When disney ask for a signature they want you to put your full name(not just initial and surname) and it has to be legible!
I cannot remember having a problem with my initial purchase and first add-on, however when i bought into saratoga last year they made us resign using full name.

Well our DVC dream is over (for now anyway), we found out last night that we cant finance through DVC due to us not owning our own home. Unfortunately we can't finance it any other way, can't get a loan or credit card here.

Oh well :guilty: :(

Oh LIsa, I'm so sorry, :sad2: thats such a shame. Hopefully your position will change in a few years, remember SSr has about 49 years left so even in 5 or 10 years it will still be a good buy, maybe you should do a rental from a dvc owner in the mean time to just see if it was for you anyway.
best of luck :love:

Lisa,

I just wanted to say, you never know how things may change for you. A few years ago I could have never dreamed of owning DVC but a few changes on the job front means we now can. Pixie dust the same will happen for you.

Karen

can anybody send me that dvd?, i'm from spain and they can't send it because they can't sell dvc.........but i'm a dvc member yet :cool1:

DVCspain, if you're a DVC member could you ask your guide to send you one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter