DVC Members Can Now Add the Disney Dining Plan Online

Not a big fan of adding the alcoholic beverage to the meal plan. We will probably only use it for one drink, so it's kind of wasteful for us. Our last trip in June quite a few restaurants gave us 20% off. So, we may not add it to our next trip or maybe just the QS.

June had the increased AP discount to 20% as a special and they may have given it to DVC Y owners as well…but just so you know it’s back to 10%.

June had the increased AP discount to 20% as a special and they may have given it to DVC Y owners as well…but just so you know it’s back to 10%.
Yes, it was 20% for the AP, forgot to mention. Our server at Toppolino's was awesome and reminded us the AP was a better discount at the time.

We ate light tonight at Little Greek in Celebration. Fed three of us for under $50.00. Hubby said it was one of the best meals he has had on disney (excluding boathouse, narcossees, citircos, boma).

We tend to nickel-and-dime ourselves out of what we really want to eat when paying OOP. Somehow, OOP triggers frugality in us and makes ordering much less enjoyable because we feel we ought not order the most expensive dishes. On the Deluxe, we feel freer to order what appeals most, since it's already paid for.
This describes my wife to a "T." We used the TS dining plan once (quite a few years ago). It was "free" QS dining with paid upgrade to TS plan. We got our money's worth because we ate at a lot of expensive restaurants that we never would have gone to in the first place, much less ordered expensive menu items.

But in the years since, I've crunched the numbers and always determined that we would come out ahead by just paying OOP and having the flexibility to eat what we want and not worry about what was covered by the plan.

Even though we can now afford to eat at more expensive places that we couldn't in years past, I still find myself having to force my wife to order what she wants off the menu, because that frugality/guilt kicks in. She still talks about how she liked having the dining plan because she didn't feel "guilty" ordering expensive items (despite my efforts to show her the math proving that we would be spending more for the dining plan).

Adults? Not really worth it, break even at best and thats if you drink alcohol.

kids? Definitely could be worth it if you do a decent amount of character meals. Literally pay less than cost of the character meal and essentially get qs and snack for free on the table service plan. Only a few character meals are 2 ts credits.

with 3 kids and the fact we like character meals, gonna do it on our next trip in may. Will be only time though as oldest will be 10 on trip after and blows the whole thing up.

Can it only be added at the time of booking? And what if you add it then decide against it prior to your trip can you cancel and get refunded

It was always hard to get the dining plan to make financial sense and the new version seems nearly impossible. The Tables in Wonderland card on the other hand...
Man, I wish they'd bring that back. That was easy to justify.

The biggest problem with the price is age Disney considers a visitor an adult. My 10 year old does not eat adult portions. But to second this, they won’t even let me have her adult drink and pay cash for her drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter