DVC Mike Live from BWV/SSR (3/7-3/15/09)

DVC Mike

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Well, we arrived today at the Boardwalk Villas. We’re here at BWV for 8 nights, followed by 4 more nights at SSR (got to use those BLT developer points), for a nice 12 night stay. :goodvibes

I did the online check-in, and told them we’d be there at 12:30pm. We arrived at 12:15pm, and the online check-in key pickup area was not immediately apparent. We asked the Bell desk, and they pointed us to the far end of the check-in area. I think the online check-in saved maybe 1-2 minutes (we didn’t have to give them a credit card). However, our room was immediately available. There wasn’t a line at either the regular check-in or for the online check-in key pickup. They gave me a birthday pin, since we noted my birthday in the celebration link on the DVC member web site.

We booked a standard view 1-BR room, and got an immaculate room (looks like this room had recently received a soft refurb). The carpet appears to be new, and it appears to be freshly painted.

We have lovely view of the valet area (hey, it’s a standard view). This is our first time trying the points saving standard view. I think I’m going to miss our regular boardwalk view room! However – no long hallways! We step off the elevator, take a right turn, and we’re the 4th door down. That is very convenient, but I think I prefer having the great view of the Boardwalk.

The weather is fantastic. It was around 77-78 when we got here, and the weather report for the short term shows around 80-82 degrees and no rain. Since it just snowed in Charlotte over the weekend, it’s a nice change of pace.

We booked a free stay for our neighbors at SSR (again, those BLT developer points). They arrive tomorrow. They’ve never been to Walt Disney World.

I’m off to walk around Crescent Lake and maybe peek into Epcot. Tonight, we’re having dinner at Le Cellier. I’m looking forward to some cheddar cheese soup and some filet.

Ahh, it feels good to be here!! :cool1:

Mike thanks for checking in! Keep us posted, all us poor souls that can't be at WDW enjoy reading about someone who is!:thumbsup2

Hello Mike
Glad all is working out fine for you so far. Perhaps our paths will cross over the next 2 weeks. We arrive on Tuesday across the way at BCV, then SSR on Friday.
Hope you have an excellent time!:thumbsup2

Enjoy the warm weather for all of us stuck in the north. :)

I was in Orlando this past week (Mon through Fri) at a business meeting (not at WDW) and found the weather a bit cool there. Had to wear a sweatshirt and gloves the night I headed over to Fantasmic and Illuminations. Temps were down in the 40's. However, on Friday, there was a warming trend moving that way. I didn't think the crowds were too bad.

That said, all the fast passes on Fri were gone up to 1:00-2:00 PM at 9:20AM for Toy Story Midway Mania with 60 min wait time for standby. At Soarin' they still had fast passes for 11:30AM-12:30PM at about 10:30. Wait times for Test Track and Mission:Space were only about 15 minutes at 10:30AM. At the MK, Peter Pan had wait times of about 40 minutes at noon on Friday.

I had to return home Friday afternoon, so I hit OKW, DHS, Epcot and MK before I had to be at the airport at 2PM between 8AM and 1PM. Talk about a whirlwind tour!!

Thanks for posting. Just hearing about you going to Le Cellier tonight gives me the warm fuzzies!:goodvibes
Disney Dreamin on this winters day!

I did a quick tour around the lake. Spent a few minutes by the pool. I'm sticking in the room until dinner.

http://i235.*************************************20090307_0004.jpg

Thanks for checking in. I love reading what's going on at this very moment. Enjoy your trip.

Have a great trip Mike, I look forward to reading updates! I'd like to hear what crowds are like. We are looking for a week to go around this time next year, weatherwise it sounds perfect.

Let us know how the crowds are. We are making a quick trip later this coming week.

HBC

Have a great trip Mike! We will be arriving at SSR tomorrow, we're currently spending the night in Raleigh for an early flight out in the morning.

Hello again....
If you have an opportunity, can you see if BCV are playing movies at night and if so, what they will be for the next week? If you're not in the area, don't worry about it.
Thanks

We had 3-4 inches Monday night. We got caught up in that little pocket that just sat over I-95 after the main storm had headed NE.

Well Mike, it's 80 here today but it's not like being there; that's for SURE! :goodvibes

Have a great time. Thanks for sharing words and pics. Always enjoy both from you.

Go have some fun and get us some current pics of our new home if you get a chance, OK? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter