DVC Mike Live from VWL (Jan 9-17, 2010)

Thank you so much for all the pictures. My DH likes your TR and pictures. It reminds him why he enjoys our DVC, just to relax and explore your surroundings. He loves early mornings and his morning walks with his coffee mug, so those BLT dawn pics have him interested in staying there at least once.

You ARE the next best thing to being there ourselves....thank you again. I visit here daily for your updates. Can't wait till you go back for your next visit....almost as much as our next visit. Safe travels. Thank you again for the wonderful pictures.:woohoo::woohoo:

I'm headed down in 7 days for two weeks. Your pictures were fantastic and got my juices flowing!!! GREAT PICS!!!
Thank you, Eric

THANKS MIKE! I've enjoyed your "almost live" pictures very much. Have a safe trip home.

As they say ...
"A pictures worth a 1000 words".
Cant begin to say how much we look forward to you TR & photos....it helps ease the pain of not being in WDW...thanks for taking the time to think of us all!!!

Thanks for the beautiful pictures! I'll be watching for your Kidani trip - AKL is one of my favorite resorts and I've only gotten to spend one night at Kidani so far - but that's where we'll be staying in August - so your pics will make me smile until then.:thumbsup2

Fantastic ending Mike, thanks a million for taking us along again! I especially loved the Stormalong Bay shots, the pool color came out terrific! Until next time...can't wait.

Thanks for the report and all the pictures Mike! As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. (lol - I just saw someone else said the same thing! :)) Other's may describe what they ate and saw which is also great but you let us see exactly what it looked like. That's a great report IMO! Your time in doing so is appreciated. :goodvibes

Mike, as always you have done a wonderful job. Thank you for sharing with us. Even though I'm here right now - it's great to see other places, restaurants and experiences that what we do or where we go on any given day. I love it. Can't wait to see your March report. :thumbsup2 Be safe on your drive home.

Is it over already?:guilty: That went really fast!:rotfl:

I hope you had a wonderful trip and look forward to your next trip report! Thanks for posting all of the beautiful pictures, providing information and making the wait seem a little easier!:goodvibes

Thank You for the great photos and taking the time out of your vacation to do this trip report.:cool1:

As our first vacation of 2010 at the Walt Disney World Resort draws to an end, I once again stop and think how thankful I am that I am able to vacation so many (32-35) nights a year at WDW. Before I joined the Disney Vacation Club, I was lucky to take a single 1-week vacation per year. Now, I get four vacations a year, at a place that is relatively nearby and that I enjoy very much.

Before I started visiting WDW on a regular basis, I didn't even own a camera. It was my desire to take pictures to record the WDW memories that led to my early digital cameras. When Disney started offering free internet to DVC members, I started posting my pictures as live trip reports.

Outside of the lengthy but very infrequent restuarant reviews by Mrs. DVC Mike, my trip reports don't contain many words. While I envy those people that can write lengthy trip reports that describe everything they did, my trip reports are mostly photographs of what I encountered.

I hope these photos help feed the Disney desire in those of you who are still many days away from your next Disney trip. I've enjoyed learning about the ins and outs of my new Nikon camera, and while I've progressed, I've learned I still have a long way to go to become a good photographer.

This is my last post from WDW for this trip. I'll be unplugging the computer and packing everything away for the drive home on Sunday morning.

However, I have just 49 days and a few hours until I'm back here at WDW. I'll be staying at Kidani Village (AKV). In the meantime, I'll be looking at all the trip reports everyone else posts, especially those with pictures, to get my Disney fix.

For those of you who enjoyed the pictures I've posted (thank you to those of you who expressed just that) and would like to see more, below are links to some other recent trip reports. Every so often, I open up my old trip reports and look back fondly at prior vacations.

DVC Mike Live from BLT (12/5-12/12/09)

DVC Mike live from BCV (10/23-11/1/09)

DVC Mike Live from BLT (8/14-8/16/09)

DVC Mike Live from Disneyland (5/17-5/22/09)

DVC Mike Live from BWV/SSR (3/7-3/15/09)

DVC Mike live from VWL/Poly (12/6-12/18/08)

And its appreciated. Your pics do let those of us who are waiting to go dream of home...As you, we are so fortunate to have DVC. Its a dream for us, and we are blessed we can go 2x a year! If we were as close as you, well, we would have probably 4 tr's a year :-)

Have a nice trip back. One question, do you collect Disney items? Such as pins?

I think you should put all your pics on the net, or, offer people a disc, if you have the time.......Some of your pics would make great wallpaper for computers.......

Beautiful pictures - I'm so glad I stumbled onto your trip report! Can't wait to see more in the future! Thanks!

Have a nice trip back. One question, do you collect Disney items? Such as pins?

We just got back home a short time ago.

We don't collect pins. We have a lot of Disney stuff in our home (kitchen items, clothing, etc.).

My office has about 40 framed 8x10 photographs I've taken of Disney on the walls. I can sit back any old day, catch a glimpse of one of these photos, and be taken back to Disney.

:goodvibes

Love the pics. Especially the ones of AKV at the end. We will be staying at our home resort for the first time next month. Really lloking forward to it now. Can't wait to take our first adults only trip next year. Your trip reports always inspire me to slow down and soak in the magic!

Can you ask Mrs Mike a question for me please? I know she has dietary/allergy concerns. We are taking my MIL, who has Celiac Disease, next month and we have 2 dinner reservations. Which would Mrs Mike recommend as far as selection and accommodating our dietary needs- Les Chefs de France or Le Cellier?

Can you ask Mrs Mike a question for me please? I know she has dietary/allergy concerns. We are taking my MIL, who has Celiac Disease, next month and we have 2 dinner reservations. Which would Mrs Mike recommend as far as selection and accommodating our dietary needs- Les Chefs de France or Le Cellier?

While all the restaurants at WDW are accomodating to Mrs DVC Mike's numerous allergies (gluten, soy, most forms of vinegar, strawberries, watermelon, etc.) and preferences (vegetarian, low-salt, etc.), some are more accomodating than others.

Based upon our experiences, the Chefs at Le Cellier were more accomodating than those at Les Chefs de France. Of course, a lot of times it depends on which chef you get.

With my DW's numerous allergies, they typically create something special for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter