DVC Point Rentals

MissMaryQC

DIS Veteran
Hey all! We have some DVC points that we will, sadly, not be able to use before they expire. Where is the best, easiest, place to rent those points out? I appreciate the help! Have a great day!

Hey all! We have some DVC points that we will, sadly, not be able to use before they expire. Where is the best, easiest, place to rent those points out? I appreciate the help! Have a great day!
How much work are you willing to put in? If you like interacting with people and helping them arrange their Disney vacations, then posting an ad on the Rent/Trade Board might work for you.

If you want a no fuss, hands off experience, then one of the brokers is a better option even though you will get paid less. I recommend the board sponsor dvcrentalstore.com

How much work are you willing to put in? If you like interacting with people and helping them arrange their Disney vacations, then posting an ad on the Rent/Trade Board might work for you.

If you want a no fuss, hands off experience, then one of the brokers is a better option even though you will get paid less. I recommend the board sponsor dvcrentalstore.com

Thank you! Definitely looking for more of a simple experience.

Just make sure that you read and understand the terms of the rental agreement before committing your points. At least one broker puts the onus on owners if there should be another DVC shutdown for any reason.

First, thank you for not sharing any details!

I am also going to caution you to not respond to any PMs you could get and report the contact.

Potentially, one of the easiest ways is to do a point transfer of all the points you have available to someone who wants the home resort priority. I think there are some companies that act as escrow companies (buyer sends the money to the company, seller transfers the points via a 3-way, maybe 4-way telephone conference with DVC, seller gets the money upon confirmation of buyer's receipt of points by DVC?)

Honestly, my preference is to just to a transfer, you only get one in or out per year though, but it is a simple matter to accept the money, then do the transfer. What the other members do once they have the points becomes of no concern to me.

And if you are going to do a transfer, the rent/trade board makes the most sense, no point in paying fees for that simple of a transaction.

OP, are these banked or current UY points?

If they're banked points, you will not be able to transfer them to another member. If they are current UY points, you can bank them into next year as long as you have not passed your banking deadline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter